Sign in to follow this  
Jetset408

Who has spotted any of the "little" additions PMDG have modelled?

They're not 100% correct, though. The inside door handles (not the Z-bar) is rotated a lot further when the door is opened, it's not even near vertical.
Yeah, well it had to happen, there`s always one killjoy!

Did you guys notice that this is actually modelled past that though too? Try taking off and leaving the gear down for a while and then retracting or try extending and retracting in flight - you'll only hear the snubber sound if the wheels are actually spinning when they're retracted.
Holy crap. - That's insane!

Did you guys notice that this is actually modelled past that though too? Try taking off and leaving the gear down for a while and then retracting or try extending and retracting in flight - you'll only hear the snubber sound if the wheels are actually spinning when they're retracted.
Yeah, I think someone mentioned that in here. Can't say I've come across that situation yet, though.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Try to change the fuel and payload weight when standing at gate and notice what happens with the plane. LOL.gif

Guest Turboblower
Try to change the fuel and payload weight when standing at gate and notice what happens with the plane. LOL.gif
MD11 does that too, if using Topcat.

1) One of my favourite part of the sound set is the wingview "interior" sounds,I remember Ryan saying it's very unlikely that we are going to mode it. :D 2) the strobe lights can be seen from the cockpit just to the left of the nose. 3) the taxiing is a joy, tiny bit of thrust needed! needs to improve== I want to hear the seat belts and flap motor's more, i put them up in the config but nothing really happens IVAP intergration [frequent crashes]

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Here is a new one... Although I donwnloaded the latest NaviGraph AIRAC cycle yesterday, I forgot to install them before starting my current flight. The 1108 cycle ended August 24th. What is cool about the NGX, I just got a FMC warning and caution alert that my current cycle is out of date - just like the real deal. I don't think I've encountered that in any FS add-on before. Is that stopping my current flight after I've got everything up and running? Nope... I'm heading out anyway... Whistle.gif

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I really like the undocumentd feature of being able to automatically enter ZFW on the Perf Init pageand the CG & Trim on the takeoff page. It would be a good idea for them to put this in the intro manual.At least it's in the tutorial PDF.

I really like the undocumentd feature of being able to automatically enter ZFW on the Perf Init pageand the CG & Trim on the takeoff page.
Just so you know, the ZFW trick has been around on many other pevious PMDG aircraft as well.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

1) One of my favourite part of the sound set is the wingview "interior" sounds,I remember Ryan saying it's very unlikely that we are going to mode it. :D 2) the strobe lights can be seen from the cockpit just to the left of the nose. 3) the taxiing is a joy, tiny bit of thrust needed! needs to improve== I want to hear the seat belts and flap motor's more, i put them up in the config but nothing really happens IVAP intergration [frequent crashes]
- not sure what you mean by hearing seat belts...But i assume the sound in the cabin as the pilot turns them on. Its perfect. Faint as if the sound plus the doppler effect were in time. that wont chime in the cockpit, and the cockpit door is built for strength any noise from the cabin will be insulated/isolated same with the flap motors. they are NO where NEAR the cockpit.

Peter Osborn

My favourite detail: When you're standing still on the ground, the AoA vanes droop down. On the takeoff roll, when you exceed a certain speed, they then align themselves with the airflow. Haven't checked yet to see whether they follow the actual AoA in flight, but I'm sure they do. Martin Boehme

The blocker doors within the thrust reverser unit is a nice touch. Regards Paul

Paul Edwards

same with the flap motors. they are NO where NEAR the cockpit.
Correct, the flaps are completely inaudible from the cockpit except for a slight rumble below flaps 10 in flight - we've modeled that. The wingview flap sound (which is actually the sound of the hydraulic pumps) is the correct volume - I've been on numerous NG flights in the last couple years and they're nowhere near as loud as they are on classics. Classics have a very loud and pronounced whine to them - NGs are much more subdued - lower in pitch and volume.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Just so you know, the ZFW trick has been around on many other pevious PMDG aircraft as well.
Thanks !! I did not know that, as the NGX is my first PMDG plane.It's a great little shortcut for ZFW and CG.