Sign in to follow this  
CrashEd

AoA's First Training Video Now Available

So what's the verdict on the second video? Worth the wait?
I guess. A little powerpoint-ish. But, the material covered is fairly plain, probably does not need a lot of fancy stuff like the section on the Autopilot/FD will. Very comprehensive though. Looking forward to the next one. I'm sure the "distribution" will get better and better. High quality production with an average lesson-plan and delivery: B-

Just watched the latest video on the caution and warnings, was worth the wait. Learnt things quicker than reading the fcom, and least your shown on the video where things are to where to expect the cautions to appear.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

More than 20 minues was a pure Power Point presentation and the rest some cockpit overviews. To use almost a month to produce this is incredible!!! It seems that those people who stand up and cry "Halleluja" have very low expectations.

More than 20 minues was a pure Power Point presentation and the rest some cockpit overviews. To use almost a month to produce this is incredible!!! It seems that those people who stand up and cry "Halleluja" have very low expectations.
And what is your point how how could have they done it better, doesnt matter how they do it they always be critics i suppose

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

And what is your point how how could have they done it better, doesnt matter how they do it they always be critics i suppose
His point (which I'd say is obvious) is that they could have done it faster. Not necessarily that they should have done it better.

His point (which I'd say is obvious) is that they could have done it faster. Not necessarily that they should have done it better.
Correct, they could have made it MUCH faster and if you look at the sequence between about 7-12 minutes into the video, thats what I mean. Say "when this happens, this warning will flash/sound" and SHOW the flashing light or let's hear the sound AND WHY it flashes/sounds (a picture of the apropriate instruments/dashboard). If you see how they did it in the first video, thats what I mean. 1, They told us they would turn on the taxi light.2. They showed the button where to do it.3. They went to the outside view and you could see the light go on. Action - Result and you could follow the whole sequence. That was EXCELLENT!!! JJJ

Correct, they could have made it MUCH faster and if you look at the sequence between about 7-12 minutes into the video, thats what I mean. Say "when this happens, this warning will flash/sound" and SHOW the flashing light or let's hear the sound AND WHY it flashes/sounds (a picture of the apropriate instruments/dashboard). If you see how they did it in the first video, thats what I mean. 1, They told us they would turn on the taxi light.2. They showed the button where to do it.3. They went to the outside view and you could see the light go on. Action - Result and you could follow the whole sequence. That was EXCELLENT!!! JJJ
JJ-- What you mention, highlighting, will be added in a revision of the video soon.

What you mention, highlighting, will be added in a revision of the video soon.
great ... I misses it alot

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

Sorry for being realistic, but those guys do have RL jobs. They are not some big production house that can churn out videos at the drop of a dime. They do great work as I own about all their videos and I miss my aviatorpro fix, but for those that are looking for a concrete schedule should be forewarned.

Sorry for being realistic, but those guys do have RL jobs. They are not some big production house that can churn out videos at the drop of a dime. They do great work as I own about all their videos and I miss my aviatorpro fix, but for those that are looking for a concrete schedule should be forewarned.
I love that line. "Those guys do have real jobs." They may have more than one job, but this IS a real job. If this isn't a "real" job of theirs, we should ask them to stop charging "real" money for the videos.