Sign in to follow this  
clum

Flight project cancelled/on hold

Hey! I have not see Jim here lately.....did he signed a last minute NDA with MS......Clown.gif
No, I got tired of arguing with children. I can do that everyday and get paid for it.

70% of the threads dont have any real purpose .. cant lock them because you dont like them.
Thank you for proving my point. Also proves another point....you get personally attacked no matter what you say. Whistle.gif

Brandon Filer

With close to ten pages of speculation and the large amount of interest in the current status of Flight, our flightsim journalists in the various magazines like Pcpilot could make a buck or two on their next edition if they go knock on MS doors to inquire on its status. If they don't get a response then the speculation continues...

Well guys the question is, is how will your reaction be if, in the future, you come to find out that FSX is it. It's the last sim that will be made of the PC. I think with the hardare catching up now, and with all the add-ons, it won't be that bad. Then, we can all get back to enjoy flight simulation again instead of being on this darn tread-mill. RH

Well guys the question is, is how will your reaction be if, in the future, you come to find out that FSX is it.
I suspect the reaction will be similar to what it was when FS11 was cancelled the first time. Personally I will take a good look at X-plane.... and then go back to FSX He%20He.gif

Can I also point out that we learn nothing on Windows 8 for quite awhile since D9; but more news is coming out at last, but Windows 8 was in no danger of being cancelled. http://www.winsupersite.com/windows-7/windows-8 Sometimes; no news is good news. Wouldn't surprise me if the next thing we hear is about a test build or a release date. -James

Great first post! im Not Worthy.gif Thanks for the heads up smile.png

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I think that too much idiot words was go out.... see NOW Microsoft Flight site and then please lock this thread :-) Fabio

Just spent a bit more time looking at the new screen shots. Honestly, other than missing cloud shadows I think it looks really great, and I can only imagine what it will look like after the 3rd party guys get hold of it. Add to that the expectation that it will designed for multiple core processors and I think we will have a winner here. Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Good an update at last! They must read this forum. The cloud edges and building shadows look good. BUT Microsoft what about fixing the grossly over sized auto-gen houses we see in pic 3. Even the smallest houses we see in Flight (and FSX) are still the size of small double storey "warehouses". Also I still see no cloud shadows! I guess its too hard to tweak the FSX engine to include cloud shadows? Look at the "blurries" in pic 7! Frankly after no updates for 3 months this update is very disappointing (except for the cloud edges). What have they been doing for the last 3 months?

Matthew S

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.