Sign in to follow this  
themose

If only..

Quote from John Nicol on the P3D forum Hi Guys,One of our philosophies is that we believe it would be beneficial to users and third-party developers for us to really build a solid core infrastructure and provide tools to the development community that allow them to be creative and build their own solutions. Prepar3D is a primarily a Simulation Framework. We need a good solid Developer Network in place to do that as well. With that in mind, we agree that it would probably be best to build what we can and open things up a bit and allow the talented companies and people that build scenery, aircraft, vehicles and other add-ons etc to do what they do best. Do we build a better widget for the app that cannot be customized, or do we give people the tools to build their own widget? We can all have a part to play to take it where we all want it.We are continually amazed at the creativity and skill of the community and pushing the application in directions that we cannot imagine. Some of the screenshots on this site are testament to that. We will still continue to build out the world as well of course and add in scenery, aircraft and other simobjects as necessary, but will tend to probably focus on the core product to make it a solution of choice for you.Regards, John ..If only MS FLIGHT has put something on their website like this a year ago, it would have saved a lot of specualtion and made alot of people very happy..Sadly notHowever I'm in the P3D camp now, they seem to be hitting the sweet spot for the more 'serious simmers'

Yep, I'm just waiting for my new rig, then P3D will be the first software I install!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Yep, I'm just waiting for my new rig, then P3D will be the first software I install!
I wonder if you really need to wait for a new rig if you already get this amount of performance increase ohmy.png just by switching to Prepar3D ? smile.png

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Good point J-P, but my current rig is five years old, so it's time to upgrade beofre a fatal error occurs.

To a lot of people, paying a monthly fee would stop them from even considering P3D
The monthly fee of $9.95 or the one time fee of $499.00 per license both throw cold water on the idea of my moving to Prepar3D. Of course there would still be the EULA wording which is a major obstacle for me.

Of course there would still be the EULA wording which is a major obstacle for me.
Mike how do you feel about developers who get around the technical limitations of FSX, do you use any of those products ?
To a lot of people, paying a monthly fee would stop them from even considering P3D
Yep 33 cents a day is a real showstopper smile.png

Mad Dog said, Yep 33 cents a day is a real showstopper smile.png It is if you've only spent 0.05 Cents per day over the last five years over and above the cost of a new systemWhistle.gif The $1000 I plan to spend to be able to run Flight reasonably is quite enough for me.

I think it is safe to say that I spend way more than that 9.99 on add-ons for FSX every month to be honest. I'd obviously prefer not to pay it - who wouldn't? - but frankly it's a drop in the bucket for what is a big interest for me, and to put it in perspective, I spend more than that each morning on the train to work. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Mad Dog said, Yep 33 cents a day is a real showstopper smile.png It is if you've only spent 0.05 Cents per day over the last five years over and above the cost of a new systemWhistle.gif The $1000 I plan to spend to be able to run Flight reasonably is quite enough for me.
I would hold on to your $1000. Sounds like Flight will work on your cell phone just fine if the rumors are correct. LOL

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

What about us people that might only get the chance to sim once every 2 months say. ( or even less often)I think I'd rather have FSX that cost me £40? (I can't remember that far back) than pay a monthly fee for essentially the same software.

If only every speculation thread about Flight didn't turn into a Prepar3d thread...if only...

Brandon Filer

Sounds like you've got something to lose mate. unsure.png

What could be more relevant than comparing Flight to FSX, P3D and X-Plane 10?

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.