Sign in to follow this  
DamianSharpe

The Beta is Coming!

So what da ya guys think now? 6 months testing? A summer 2012 release?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I don't think they will acept anyone who has posted in this forum Loser.gif
Criteria will be how long have you had your hotmail and Live ID Praying.gif

m_av,There is something wrong with your S key. You should have that looked into. CC,No, I suggest that it will take longer than that and still be a Fall release.

Microsoft Flight – Terms of Use and Nondisclosure AgreementBy playing the Microsoft® Flight beta, you acknowledge that everything related to this beta is confidential and should be treated as confidential. Please keep in mind that features you see in this beta may change or be removed in the final version and those features should always remain confidential.1. Do not take photos, videos, or audio recordings of the beta software.2. Do not post photos, videos, or audio recordings of the beta software on any venue.3. Do not describe any part of the beta software on any venue except the official Flight Beta Connect website.4. Do not allow others to play or watch you play the beta software.5. Do not leave the beta software running unattended.6. Do not leave the official Flight Beta Connect website running unattended.7. Do not threaten or abuse other participants in the beta software or on the official Flight Beta Connect website.8. Do not attempt to hack, modify, decompile, reverse engineer, or otherwise tamper with the beta software.9. Do not attempt to hack or otherwise interrupt the official Flight Beta Connect website.10. Do not attempt to copy or redistribute the beta software.11. Do not provide your download token to someone else. It is meant for you only.12. ALL content related to this beta, including beta announcements and other e-mails, screenshots taken by yourself or other beta participants, Microsoft surveys related to Microsoft Flight, forum posts, bugs, the game itself, and any other content or communications related to the beta are confidential and not to be shared with any other person or venue outside of this beta.13. You understand that you will be using beta software which, while unlikely, may cause crashes or other errors on your PC, and agree to use the software at your own risk. Microsoft will not be responsible for repairing or replacing personal equipment that may be damaged as a result of using beta software.By submitting the application survey below, you are giving your consent to receive e-mails from Microsoft that are related to this beta and agreeing to maintain confidentiality. Violations of these Terms of Use and Nondisclosure Agreement may result in being banned from the beta and/or legal action.

m_av,There is something wrong with your S key. You should have that looked into.
Absolutely positively nothing wrong except the hardware age ! And, I am a M$ stockholder - a partner in the words of a colleague !
But not because of X-Plane.
Absolutely because of X-plane.At the same time ......X-planers' cannot use the large M$ user base against Microsoft, just as they can't use the smallness of Laminar Research as an excuse to not compare M$ Flight Sim products with Laminar's or give Laminar a sort of free pass on some things. If you are charging US $60 to $80 for a supposedly fully functional product, you can't deliver a product that is perhaps a tad more polished than say a freeware product or get by without providing adequate manuals and documentation.I hope I am making sense here - but do welcome other views.

I don't understand why people seem to have so much trouble with XPlane's GUI. Maybe it's because i've been using XPlane for a while now, but i have no problems getting what i want out of XPlane.. i mean it's not that hard is it? Most things are a lot faster in XPlane than they are in FSX too.. for example changing my plane can take several minutes in FSX, whereas it's more like secoinds in XP. Same thing goes for changing the weather, time of day (you can do that on the fly in XP) or location.You get what you pay for in both FSX and XPlane. They are different products, and it helps to familiarize yourself with the specs of each product before you buy it. If you want FSX-like AI traffic out of XP10, i'm afraid you're in for a disappointing experience.. AI traffic is still rather limited in XP10. Also there aren't any PMDG-like products for it yet (there are some interesting products in the works though, among which the IXEG 737, which looks very promising), while other things are also different.. whether they are better or worse is a matter of taste i think.Anyway just saying that ther is a lot to be enjoyed in XP10, as long as you take it on it's own merit.

Yes, there is still somthing wrong with that one key, so you are not making any sense here.

Which are the criteria that will be used by MS to choose a beta tester ????????

Seeing there has been a leakproof crawl to this point, they have some means to silence the flock

Which are the criteria that will be used by MS to choose a beta tester ????????
Check their Facebook page.Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Check their Facebook page.Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
I am not a member of Facebook and it asks me to login before proceeding. I gave up.Would you be so kind to maybe copy and paste the criteria ?Much appreciated.

the type that would never use XP
You mean all the people who dont have a PHD in advanced UI logic understanding?

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

I am not a member of Facebook and it asks me to login before proceeding. I gave up.Would you be so kind to maybe copy and paste the criteria ?Much appreciated.
Which one? There are 5... ;)
It's on the official Microsoft Flight Facebookpage;https://www.facebook.com/#!/msflightThe message is:We're excited to announce that we are now accepting beta applications! Please apply by following this link (you will need a Windows Live ID). We are completing our beta program in phases throughout January 2012 and will get back to all of our qualifying participants at that time.When someone asked what is considered 'qualifying' the answer was:Great question. We do have limitations with how many users can join the beta so we will be accepting qualifying applicants who match the demographic we're targeting for launch.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.