Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Weekend Update 09DEC11: NGX SP1b Updates Available

uno1.jpguno.jpgthis was my first test with sp1b all the problems mentioned above the paint job was done by none other Rich Sennett leaving out of Las Vegas flying to lax. PMDG you rock

Unfortunately, I can't download using IE 9 either.Chris Stumbles
no troubles here downloading it with ie9

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Installing SP1b over the top of my NGX introduced a couple of new problems for me. A yaw damper oscillation and an offset between track and the F/D vector in HGS. As Y/D and HGS were not listed as part of the update I decided to uninstall and reinstall the NGX and the problems disappeared. Although PMDG have said a full reinstall is not necessary, I'd suggest that anyone installing SP1b should consider doing it anyway as a precaution as it doesn't take much extra time. Especially as you have to reinstall liveries anyway.It's great to see the spoilers working properly (well almost). The problem with roll spoilers while speedbrake is extended remains, but it's a minor issue.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

Although PMDG have said a full reinstall is not necessary, I'd suggest that anyone installing SP1b should consider doing it anyway as a precaution as it doesn't take much extra time. Especially as you have to reinstall liveries anyway.
In this case the installation sequence is 737 initial release + SP1b + liveries, isn't it?

James Goggi

Unfortunately, I can't download using IE 9 either.Chris Stumbles
Upgraded to EI9. Didn't like it. Downgraded back to EI8.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Just install Goggle Chrome chaps. It'll take you a few minutes. Works fine with Chrome for me.It's always good to have two browsers anyway. If you have an issue with one, you have a backup to access the net.

Upgraded to EI9. Didn't like it. Downgraded back to EI8.
I have the same problem with EI9 ... my work around that works for me is to right click file to downland and click "save target as..."

This is why I love PMDG. You guys stand behind a product, help us personally, listen to feedback, and continuously improve your products. You don't just release something and say, " its done, deal with the problems". Thanks PMDG. You rock.
+1Thanks PMDG.Proud to fly and reccommend your products!!

Hi RyanI made this little video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1ajQQ3tGWw&feature=youtu.be

It's just a small annoyance.
Hello,I annotated some time ago a couple of fixes posted by Ryan and someone other, with a way to fix this.>Go to the FSXPMDGPMDG 737 NGXPanelSate folder - open each one of the NGX*.sav files in notepad or a similar plaintext editor - find >the line under [CDU.0] that says "2DOpen=1" - set it to 0 and the problem will be fixed.or>I solved in a simplest way:> Loaded NGX> clicked on the VC CDU1 display to open 2d panel, clicked again and restored VC CDU> Saved panel state (C&D) with the same cold&dark name. (same thing if saving as another name and then loading it by default)> No need to edit the files :)Hope it helps.

I have the same problem with EI9 ... my work around that works for me is to right click file to downland and click "save target as..."
That didn't work for me unfortunately.

In this case the installation sequence is 737 initial release + SP1b + liveries, isn't it?
Yes, just remember to install and update the 8900 version to SP1b first, then install and update the 6700 if you have it. The 6700 installer won't run unless you have SP1 or higher already.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

Special thanks for Robert his hard work with the team and Ryan Martinez,Once again a special thanks to Robert to his dedication upon rising the bar and Ryan Martinez
Martinez??Ryan....You live in Arizona, correct? You might want to make sure you have your US passport (and other papers) in order.....just in case!! tongue.png

Hi,I've just downloaded and set up Google Chrome as suggested and successfully downloaded both update files. (yipee!)Thanks for the advice.Chris Stumbles

chrome is awsome i use it all the time as my main browser