Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Weekend Update 09DEC11: NGX SP1b Updates Available

From the notes: "The inclusion of terminal procedures in a COROUTE is quite unrealistic and PMDG recommends that the authors of these programs ammend their .rte export processes to include only the route of flight without runway/SID/STAR information in order to make the compliant with real-world operations."Thanks PMDG! A critisism of Ideal Flight's planner is that it does not include SID/STAR's. However with IF you can generate plans with computed approaches for fun, and also choose runways and input SID/STAR's, but in the real world we don't know the approach until we get there!Best regards;Steve

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Is this a another new update? I thought I got this a couple of weeks ago (I have SP1b for both 800/900 and for 600/700), now I am getting emails yesterday pointing to update, and also on the front page of AVSIM it indicates this is a new thing? confused :)

lol Ben why did you quote the entire thing? :(
Was thinking the same thing!
What are you all talking about?!!

+1? So is there an update to Sp1b like SP1b a :)
No !The email was mainly to remind people that the special offer on the 600/700 is about to run out.Sp1b.......................ver 1.0.3118 is the very latest version of the NGX.Fred.

Thanks Fred, 3118 is what I have, I only brought this up as it is confusing to someone who does not lurk these parts much, and also considering as there was not much fanfare in my inbox at the time it was released a few weeks ago

4) You will need to reinstall liveries after this update. We have improved the livery installer, however so it is not necessary to worry about uninstalling the liveries first. When you run the updated livery installer, it will prompt you for permission to delete outdated livery texture directories. (say yes!) Then just reinstall the liveries as before and you will be back to normal ops!
OK I managed to reinstall the liveries but not like the directions. I did not get asked for permission to delete ***** but got messgae saying Texture.** directory already exists and to point to new directory. Using win7. Had to delete old Texture directories manually and livery installed ok after that.Maybe an administrator thing?

Ben quoted the entire original post.
Ben, any more of that and Tom will start charging you rent LOL.
Sorry guys.... :( :(

Hi All!I'm new to this forum but been enjoying PMDG's aircraft since 737 NG for FS9 came out. First of all I would say thanks to PMDG for the amazing aircrafts they making. It smells quality all the way. Now that I bought THE 737 NGX yesterday (01-03-2012) and I got 1 simple question.......yet. And the question r. Do I have to install the SP1b for the 800/900 when my aircraft.cfg says "Current with Build: 1.00.3118". Or does the installer that I d/l yesterday (01-03-2012) includes the updates. I also bought 737 -600/700 NGX Expansion Package. This I havent yet installed while I'll wait for the answer. Hope someone could help me out with this. At this moment I believe I do not need the SP1b's but to be sure I just waitt to install NGX 600/700. P.S. This question might have been answered before but bare with me for asking this again. I coudnt find it when searching or I'm just plain stupid at searching :-).Thanks in advancedSincelyJan-Erik Samuelsen

Edited by Micro2k3

CPU: Intel Core i5-11400 CPU Tray 2.6 GHz/4.4 GHz | RAM: Kingston FURY Beast RGB DDR4 2666 MHz 16GB | GPU: Gainward GeForce RTX 3060 Ghost | HD: Kingston NV1 NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB x2 | Skjerm: Samsung 32" Odyssey G5 Curved | OS: Windows 11 Home

The point 2 on the initial post has the answer:

2) Simply download and run these update installers. These are cumulative update installers, so they will update any previous version of the NGX to the most current build 3118. You no longer need the SP1 installers. (You can verify the update version by watching the installation (it will tell you) and after installation by looking at your various aircraft.cfg files you will note that they read 1.00.3118 at the top....
If your version is 1.00.3118 your plane is fully updated.And remember that buying it now, it has all previous patches in it.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

If your version is 1.00.3118 your plane is fully updated.And remember that buying it now, it has all previous patches in it.
Ok.Thanks for your quick reply. And sorry for this post. I guess I'm not good at reading post careful enough. Now I'm good to go and fly this lovely bird. Thanks again.RegardsJan-Erik Samuelsen

CPU: Intel Core i5-11400 CPU Tray 2.6 GHz/4.4 GHz | RAM: Kingston FURY Beast RGB DDR4 2666 MHz 16GB | GPU: Gainward GeForce RTX 3060 Ghost | HD: Kingston NV1 NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB x2 | Skjerm: Samsung 32" Odyssey G5 Curved | OS: Windows 11 Home

First of all I will agree with all the thanks and roses given above!When I downloaded my (first) 737-800 on 2012-01-09, WAS SP1b then INCLUDED? (Since this was after the release date of SP1b)RegardsCarl Michael

I am old enough to be your father. And i dont calm down. I´m sick of waiting. Look in the FS2Crew Forum. Even Bryan York seems to be al little bit confused about the long time.
With a response like that, I sincerley hope you are not a father. jeesh.