Sign in to follow this  
TheDanger

ORBX 33% off sale

Get a life people, you don't build a relationship with anything/anyone over the internet.
I can honestly say that I consider a couple of flightsim developers as more than just names on my PC monitor, and I race classic cars online (GT Legends) with people that are now my friends. Online relationships can be worth a lot more than you think.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Utter garbage. I can honestly say that I consider a couple of flightsim developers as more than just names on my PC monitor, and I race classic cars online (GT Legends) with people that I now my friends. Online relationships can be worth a lot more than you think.
Sorry, how many people do you think though they knew the ORBX boss and his thoughts about his customers. They did not really know him at all, hence why many of them are so hurt by his actions. Such is the disadvantage of the internet medium.Bryan.

The vast majority of people affected by ORBX's pricing decisions, despite threatening withdrawal of custom and other direconsequences will soon get over their hurt and come running back to ORBX
I don't know about you Bryan, but that is definitely not the case with me: I can't buy again from a company that apparently seems to have manipulated their customers, knowingly or unknowingly, and further bad-mouthed them for raising the issue. Even if the products are of high quality, I can do without them and as I mentioned in a deleted thread on their forum, I have lost better things in life.

I don't know about you Bryan, but that is definitely not the case with me: I can't buy again from a company that apparently seems to have manipulated their customers, knowingly or unknowingly, and further bad-mouthed them for raising the issue. Even if the products are of high quality, I can do without them and as I mentioned in a deleted thread on their forum, I have lost better things in life.
Oh, I will buy from them again, but not at full price. I have had to reavaluate my flight sim spending habits because I've reallised I am not really using products to their full simply because I have too many of them. I suspect I am not alone in that regards.The only way I will buy from ORBX again is when their products are at least 50% off, they will be to good to resist at that price.Bryan.

Why in the world would ANYONE pay 18% more by pre-purchasing a product?.
In the past, Orbx pre-payers paid the full price for a scenery but got to install it 24 hours before the rest, thereby getting the advantage of enjoying it early, but everybody paid the full price.Whereas now, especially with the last two releases, Ketchikan and Jerfferson Co, pre-payers and the rest got all to fly the sceneries within 3-5 days of each other, with the big and unfair difference that new customers are paying even less (getting double the discount) than those who paid two months ago.Normally an error such as this by a great company like Orbx is overlooked and brushed aside if proper corrective action is taken. Unfortunately their action was far from this, adding insult to unfair tactics.

I see now that several groupies that were up in arms today have now come back to the forum and of all things apologized for their outbursts. Obviously they cant live without JV and his antics.Unbelieveable. Don't these people have any sense of pride or self worth? I just don't get it. Stunned is an understatement.I suppose once a groupie always a groupie.

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

Jeroen (J van E) whose posts in Orbx forums I always admired and which have been quite enthusiastic, is demonstrating strength of character by apologizing for what Orbx thinks was harsh outburst on his part.It is worth seeing if Orbx would step up and do the same for what some customers, me included, saw as insulting response to all who participated in that thread.

I can honestly say that I consider a couple of flightsim developers as more than just names on my PC monitor...
HiFi and FSPS are two shining examples that come to mind. Kudos to developers who treat customers with respect. Given the choice between similar products, it is their goodwill and professionalism that will always win them customers over their competitors. I have never purchased from Orbx, and given the way I see their customers treated, I know what to expect should I require after-market services. Its worrying.

I see now that several groupies that were up in arms today have now come back to the forum and of all things apologized for their outbursts.Obviously they cant live without JV and his antics.Unbelieveable. Don't these people have any sense of pride or self worth?I just don't get it. Stunned is an understatement.I suppose once a groupie always a groupie.
+1absolute no backbone..!

It didn't take very long to realize that this is all about money, "the root of all evil." Maybe some just feel betrayed by a company they trusted. It's almost like your friend has been lying to you for years.I've always been amazed by how some successful people find ways to sabotage their own success. It's truly amazing!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

It didn't take very long to realize that this is all about money, "the root of all evil." Maybe some just feel betrayed by a company they trusted. It's almost like your friend has been lying to you for years.I've always been amazed by how some successful people find ways to sabotage their own success. It's truly amazing!
I don't think JV has sabotaged his own sucess at all, this is in my opinion nothing but a storm in a teacup as evidenced by J van E's posts on the ORBX forums today.Bryan.

+1

Joe Lorenc

Now let me get this straight, Customer(s), lots of them, complain to company, company goes on the attack with a PR disaster statement (twice) , customer ends up apologizing? :(

because it's all blown out of proportiion. OMG, they had a Christmas sale dudes. That's all. Relax... You didn't get the discount that we got, too bad. I'm really having a hard time feeling sorry for you. Stop the whining and enjoy the scenery....
I suggest you re-read this thread and the other one about this matter before you venture an opinion. Then you will see it is not the discount and the money that are the issue. It is the backstabbing and the bad-mouthing. If you should feel sorry for anyone, it is for a company that treats long-term customers like that without the bat of an eye; feel sorry for them for their short-sightedness.

In my opinion Orbx cooked their pre-order business by design. The decision to milk it for all it was worth prior to said cooking was also done by design. The resultant backlash was clearly anticipated and it was deemed to be manageable. Simple as that.Anyone expecting anything else from a business entity simply fails to understand what a business entity actually is.

Konrad