Sign in to follow this  
TheDanger

ORBX 33% off sale

Bryan I've already asked very gently to stop personnal attacks but you don't seem to understand.So now please leave this thread.Thanks.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

John said, "these policy changes have been planned for quite some time" but it is this group of Orbx "######" who hastened (imo) these changes bringing them to fruition. This is what leaves a sour taste in my mouth and a great big sarcastic "Thanks" to all you all who could not act more like adults and less like infatuated teens.Again I say... all you all who say you are such big supporters of Orbx and so loyal... who support them "full price pre-pay"... you can't keep your mouths shut... or if you do open them, you do it in a respectful and thoughtful manner... and maybe in a more appropriate medium... say... I don't know... in a PM to the CEO rather than whining and commiserating with each other at another forum (which "absolutely, positively" does no real good)... all because you got 15% off and not 33%??? Where is the loyalty you proclaim? The "shared friendship"... friends don't run around backbiting each other... at least not friends of mine. They have a problem with me (or me with them) then we work it out "face to face" as adults should.
Rob, in the initial thread at Orbx where the complaints started, you are right: there were a few emotional outbursts. But the majority of the posters were putting forward legitimate and calm complaints. Then Mr Venema, instead of calming the many complainants and trying to see their point of view, dropped among other things his "selfish and ungrateful" attack. And he locks the thread without giving fair chance of response. I opened a new thread titled with these two words to answer him on that, but it got deleted. I tried to keep this on Orbx forum but every thread dealing with the issue was getting torpedoed. When I started the same thread here at avsim with the same title, I said in the beginning of the thread that I regret having to do that but there was no other option to vent unfairness.Again you are right that loyalty should have kept some emotions in check, but it is equally right that loyalty shouldn't be taken advantage of, which in this pre-pay instance happened, wittingly or unwittingly.I think Mr Venema knows now that some unfairness was dealt to those pre-payers, but it seems he cannot get himself to admit it in public.In spite of all this, Orbx and its highly talented developers (some of whom are friends) will always be highly appreciated, because they have set a major milestone in FSX full-terrain scenery.

Bryan I've already asked very gently to stop personnal attacks but you don't seem to understand.So now please leave this thread.Thanks.
Sorry David, didn't see your post or receive PM, my apologies, your point is noted.Bryan.

I don't get it. Why couldn't the sale be for only older airports and regions? ORBX could have avoided all the drama if they would have excluded the latest releases. Maybe they thought all this drama was good for business?I will continue to buy ORBX because their sceneries are worth the price. Like Stephen, I get value, but I'm also disappointed because their are so many unhappy loyal customers whom I believe wanted only the best for ORBX. That's what bothered me.Update: According to the banner 2012 will have only one sale. After that NO more sales, ever. :(

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

yeah the no more sales, is actually a very good "move" on JV's part. Nicely done actually. It will teach us whiners to think twice before whining about something like this again. Now we will get to pay full price or do without.

Ciao!

I really have no dog in this hunt, as I have never purchased a product to date from ORBX, except to say I have recently started enhancing my FSX experience with some good quality add ons, and was taking a look at their offerings, but with what I have seen from the reactions so far from them, I will choose to stay away myself.I am sure they are very good based on what I have read - however I put a lot of stock into how customers are treated.

Took me 3 minutes to register at ozx forum to get the extra 5% at fsstore.Interesting reading about the incidents around the nation of huge throngs of Xmas shoppers jostling and fighting each other for sale items. Of course the huge number of messages in this thread is totaly unrelated to Xmas shopping mobs ;-/Maybe the wisemen and shepherds were squabling for best viewing space around the manger...

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Update: According to the banner 2012 will have only one sale. After that NO more sales, ever. :(
We will see about that. I dont believe them. Just another ploy to make everyone scramble now for getting every item they could lay their hands on. Still brilliant business practise for them.. How many of you are not tempted to just get one more product before it is too late.. Ahh they milking you big time and you dont even realise it.'ever' is a very long time.. we will see.

and was taking a look at their offerings, but with what I have seen from the reactions so far from them, I will choose to stay away myself.
Hi, Don. I am sorry that our discussion in this thread has affected your decision to buy from Orbx. I would urge you to reconsider and load up what you can in this sale, especially the regions like PNW and NZSI, as your experience in FSX will increase dramatically.I myself have all their products, down to the tiniest utility FSX Go, which is a gem, but I won't be buying from them again because I and others were recently on the receiving end of a scathing rebuke. But you however are just stepping in, and who knows, maybe Orbx will change a bit their attitude toward customers.

yeah the no more sales, is actually a very good "move" on JV's part. Nicely done actually. It will teach us whiners to think twice before whining about something like this again. Now we will get to pay full price or do without.
Brian my friend, I feel for you mate.. How can you use this episode as "teaching us whiners a lesson"The point is, if too many have to do without it at some point they will have to bring in a sale trying to draw back some old customers. It's all about "supply and demand" and making the books balance.. and in current financial environment I would be tempted to say, you better look after the customers you have and that is willing to lay out cash on a HOBBY in these dire times. In the future people might not be willing to spend anymore on a HOBBY. When you need to start cutting back that is the first place people stop spending.I will not feel bad being labeled a whiner who stood up for fellow simmers that has been milked by ORBX and if the result is no more sales then so be it. This whole episode is not about the sale but about HOW the sale was orchastrated and deliberatly manupulated to make the most money and even now they still manulpulating people to hop in and get that extra item with a threat of "no more sales" that hang in the air. The fact that ORBX trying to throw "no more sale" against us is just another ploy taking the spotlight of the real issue and that is the "HOW" they have had their sale.ORBX was wrong in the way they handled the sale. POINT. Nobody ever said the "sale" itself was wrong.We all knew the sale was comming and infact I have not lost a thing as I was waiting for the sale (pity it was not the 40% like last year though) but I seriously feel sorry for those that have been taken advantage of, by trusting their "developer". I however was amazed to see I can get the latest offerings at a massive 33% discount and I have made good use of it and actually thinking about getting another one or two items.So no matter how you put it, me as a whiner will not feel sorry if someone else now have to pay full price. If you looking for a stick to hit a dog you will find one.. ORBX have to find that stick now and instead of acknowledging the fact that they have operated in bad faith, they now just push the excuse over to "us whiners"Proudly a whiner rather then to suck up to imoralities.
Hi, Don. I am sorry that our discussion in this thread has affected your decision to buy from Orbx. I would urge you to reconsider and load up what you can in this sale, especially the regions like PNW and NZSI, as your experience in FSX will increase dramatically.I myself have all their products, down to the tiniest utility FSX Go, which is a gem, but I won't be buying from them again because I and others were recently on the receiving end of a scathing rebuke. But you however are just stepping in, and who knows, maybe Orbx will change a bit their attitude toward customers.
have to agree with Naji that their work is very good (read between the lines "the best" but I did not say so), so grab what you can. Miracles can still happen and we do not know what the future hold.

I have to be honest here and say that I am not impressed by the casually dismissive attitude that has been expressed by a certain individual at Orbx. I have never purchased an Orbx product, and at this moment in time I am rather glad about that. Some people may not care about the "relationship" that they have with their customers, but I sure as hell do. It makes a big difference to me when I feel that I can genuinely talk to a developer, and be honest with my opinions. One way communication serves no purpose whatsoever.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Brian my friend, I feel for you mate.. How can you use this episode as "teaching us whiners a lesson"[...]
Erm, I think Brian was being sarcastic, so no need to take it so seriously...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

bump. 224!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I have to be honest here and say that I am not impressed by the casually dismissive attitude that has been expressed by a certain individual at Orbx. I have never purchased an Orbx product, and at this moment in time I am rather glad about that. Some people may not care about the "relationship" that they have with their customers, but I sure as hell do. It makes a big difference to me when I feel that I can genuinely talk to a developer, and be honest with my opinions. One way communication serves no purpose whatsoever.
I agree with you. I've been reading through the various threads relating to this and it's all really unpleasant. There have been hysterical postings on both sides, but I've come away with the overall impression that the person at the helm is rather unlikeable.There are plenty of other ways to spend my money, and I'd prefer it to go to someone who doesn't appear to thrive quite so much on being combatative towards his own customers.Ian