Sign in to follow this  
MikeT707

Will You Purchase Flight?

I will certainly give it a try, it's free after all.

I'll be upgrading from FS9 to FSX when I get some time and a new computer. Flight is a no go for me...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I see, you are just another one saying X-Plane is better..
You just can't win !!!!Both MS and Laminar are delivering partial babies. What is this ? A race to the bottom ?Looks like MS is laying an egg !

Not on day one. BUT I hear after hawaii they will be releasing the Vatican soaring scenery followed by the eastern Iraq area addon. Oh yeah baby, then I'm getting it for sure!

Not on day one. BUT I hear after hawaii they will be releasing the Vatican soaring scenery followed by the eastern Iraq area addon. Oh yeah baby, then I'm getting it for sure!
:(

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Placed my order for XP10 the day the "flight news update" stated that it will be a "fun flying game etc." and showed Hawaii all over again. It came clear to me that this will be not what we all hoped for.I have to admit that I'm tired of tuning FSX over and over again, tired of launching, updating, patching 10+ Addons to make FSX feel good (and I´m nowhere near moving to prepar 3D - It seems and expensive and finally dead end to me). It was dropping flightsim or moving to XP10 for me.I´m not saying I'm all happy with XP10 right now, but progress is there (updates every week) and there are a lot of interesting planes to come within the next month (check IXEG´s 737 classic). Next-Gen GPUs will push XP10´s visuals to the next level and there is a lot to discover for 3PDs.I went with MSFS for a very long time, but I think time is with XP10 now and so am I.

I bought FSX a few months back for something around $20-$30 on Amazon, and have it dialed in to the point where I can enjoy all the latest and greatest add-on sceneries, planes, environment packs, RW weather, etc. To have to add incremental pieces of the world for the opportunity (and dollars) to then purchase and use Flight add-ons (if those developers are going to create such products) is disappointing. I don't know how much the other parts of the world are going to cost, but I am probably going to pay closer attention to P3D V2.0 given what has been said about that platform's potential.

I will give it a try, just like I did Age of Empires, up to the point where I have to pay to move up to the next level/mission, then it will be deleted from my HD.Prepar3D, hhmm, I'm afraid it will be the same old FSX on steroids with more eye-candy, nothing more, nothing less and for $499 you'll get additional missions with the some old blurries we could not get rid off. (just speculating)I rather buy XP10 and spend the rest of the $499 on add-ons.

Edited by zPirata

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I wonder, how long will it take before there are enough add-ons to fly anywhere in the world and how much will that all cost?I am sure Hawaii is a lovely place (although webisode 5 shows blurry ground textures) but it will soon get boring flying round there after a while. Also I am sure there aren't many international flights from Hawaii to Hawaii (same airport), lol.Also, what about freeware? Thanks to the community there are some great free add-ons. Will be be allowed to easily install freeware and/or modify existing stuff as we do now? Or will there be some sort of mechanism to stop all of that.

No MS Flight for me. Let's watch how Prepare3D develops, and if it doesn't develops really well, let's go for X-Plane

:(

I have a feeling Prepar3D version 2 will blow everyone away. My only concern is the price of entry.

I have a feeling Prepar3D version 2 will blow everyone away. My only concern is the price of entry.
Compared to having to buy lots of add-ons for Flight to see the whole world it could end up being cheaper :(. Edited by Marith

I'm actually re-downloading Prepar3d now. I'm gonna give it another shot.On Topic: I probably won't buy all regions for Flight. Just North & South America if it comes that way. I don't really travel to Europe and the other countries.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

I would go for Flight if the next island they do is Vancouver Island.

Compared to having to buy lots of add-ons for Flight to see the whole world it could end up being cheaper :(.
very true indeed

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.