Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

What I expect/Hope to see from the PMDG 777, feel free to add agree/disagree

I have AivlaSoft EFB "D:Program Files (x86)AivlaSoft" so that's not a priority.I run it on the same computer as FSX and haven't seen a performance hit.I just hope to see the T7 this year.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't and never have owned any of the 737s by PMDG as I'm a long haul guy! Sounds great, yes I meant the check-list which is on the screen. We know Captain Sim has one so I don't doubt PMDG wont. Not going for any release dates but I just hope it's some time this year! All us 777 fans will FINALLY be gifted! Until then I shall keep my hours on the PMDG b744 and LDS 767.

When I'd written that I'd forgotten about that feature, and it only started to come back to me when he mentioned the position reports feature. Good point.That being said, I don't see why not, though I'm not sure what the best way to implement the mouse feature would be. Direct mouse click probably. Even the old PSS had a basic version of this, right?
For the Position Reports I didn't mean it to do anything within FSX ATC or VATSIM just be there to fill in to add to the realism! The Check-List should be in there, PSS got it good don't see why PMDG can't. Also CS have confirmed one for their's. EFB wise I only meant the EFB for Performance Calculations not Charts etc. Please I stress again this is just a wish list :) Edited by LukePabari

The 777's FBW in most modes doesn't "augment" the way that the Airbus's does - in general it flies like a normal plane. There's a few protections for various things, but it doesn't override or modify pilot inputs like the Airbus.
please can you include a 2D panel? My processor is only 2.0 and i run vista 32 (im gonna get a new pc in 7 months if i can)

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

First, I expect full 2d panel, without little tricks we saw at NGX.Second, EFB. they can make external application to allow us to update database with our charts.Third, CPDLC.This is actually ngx quality with some new features that makes 777 what it is.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't and never have owned any of the 737s by PMDG as I'm a long haul guy! Sounds great, yes I meant the check-list which is on the screen. We know Captain Sim has one so I don't doubt PMDG wont. Not going for any release dates but I just hope it's some time this year! All us 777 fans will FINALLY be gifted! Until then I shall keep my hours on the PMDG b744 and LDS 767.For the Position Reports I didn't mean it to do anything within FSX ATC or VATSIM just be there to fill in to add to the realism! The Check-List should be in there, PSS got it good don't see why PMDG can't. Also CS have confirmed one for their's. EFB wise I only meant the EFB for Performance Calculations not Charts etc. Please I stress again this is just a wish list :)
I suggest you get the NGX! When the ER comes out you can do plenty of long hauls with a range of over 5,000nm. It's an amazing plane, best FSX add on is fs history. As for the the 777, as long as its NGX quality plus a bit more I will be happy. Edited by miami747

I suggest you get the NGX! When the ER comes out you can do plenty of long hauls with a range of over 5,000nm. It's an amazing plane, best FSX add on is fs history.As for the the 777, as long as its NGX quality plus a bit more I will be happy.
Once I decide what PC to get I'll buy it :D The PFD and ND are almost exactly the same to the 777 so I doubt we will see much of a change there. Just watched Air Canada 77L DVD.. Got me more excited! Yes NGX Quality or even MORE! :)

First, I expect full 2d panel, without little tricks we saw at NGX.Second, EFB. they can make external application to allow us to update database with our charts.Third, CPDLC.This is actually ngx quality with some new features that makes 777 what it is.
I am sure PMDG have said they will be moving away from 2D panels after the 737.

I'm not sure why one would wish for there to be no 2D panel. If you don't want it, don't use it. Quite a few of us still like to use 2D you know! :)Cheers,Rudy

Ezca + vc = 2d panel equivalent, so all is not lost.And to the poster who called the airbus flight model 'weird', I get what he/she was saying. It is a different design philosophy, even if md and boeing have incorporated parts of it into their more recent models. To be honest, the reaction from the airbus fans did seem a bit hostile.It would be great to see a real airbus sim, but am looking forward to the 777 even more. It was default in fs2002, wasn't it? (my pre-fsx memory is a bit hazy) :)Seem to remember it as my go-to sim plane back in the day, but have't flown a 777 in fs since early last decade. Strange no one has made a decent T7 in all that time. I've got 707, 727, 737*2, 747, 757 and 767*2 payware.PMDG - I think you can see there is actually three gaps there. Happy coding! :)

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I just checked out the NGX, looks amazing. The PFD,ND and FMC are pretty much the same as the 777! The FMC Lay out a little different though but still VERY similar. Can't wait :(

Also regarding the 2-D Panel, I do actually use them most when being Vectored in at Heathrow or something. A lot of instructions that need to be met asap and the 2-D I feel everything is in one place and makes it easy, I'd use the VC Most of the Flight though. Either way I'd be happy with or without one, I just want my 777 hehe!

I'm not sure why one would wish for there to be no 2D panel. If you don't want it, don't use it. Quite a few of us still like to use 2D you know! :)Cheers,Rudy
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/360403-pmdg-please-reconsider/page__view__findpost__p__2233734

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

As long as it has a sweet VC and great sounds like the NGX does I am happy. Oh yea I am sure it will have the 'immersive' feeling like they captured on the NGX. Would love raindrops or an option to add them, but pretty sure it can't be done right in FSX.

Simon