Sign in to follow this  
raymar

A2A Sims Capt of the Ship - Boeing 377 Stratocruiser w/Accusim

Ted,Excellent review. I enjoyed all the details about all the details and the bonus coverage with the many great sceenshots. I have been flying the A2A J-3 Cub with Accusim for some months now and agree with the motto - 'No two flights are the same with Accusim'. As stated in your review this moves everything to yet an even higher level of FSX enjoyment. Scott and those 3d Professional modelers are really on to something good. I hope they can just keep improving on each new release. Pretty soon all the new add-ons will be in the stratosphere.Those new voices, unexpected unique sounds, multiple working flight crew members, and astounding attention to details adds so more than most additional crew assist addons and are included in the package. That is a bonus in itself. What I like is these are not just canned speech bites, they are realistic sounding, correctly timed, statements of fact. I like one of the early ones where the 1st Officer, states, "Captain, I can't see a thing out these windows, is your side fogging up like mine? Might want to add a touch to the defroster." I actually screw up a few of the little things just to hear the well thought out verbal barbs by my crew. No two of them are the same either.My research for the 'Guppy Review' continues to reveal a tremendous amount of historical photos and articles. So much so in fact it is starting to have an impact on my flying time.Thanks for the review.Ray

Edited by raymar

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

As said elsewhere I enjoyed the read and think it's a great review.Well done Ted.

Thank you for the kind words Ray and JP.One thing I really should emphasize again would be that each leg I flew in the B377 COTS was an "event" as opposed to a "flight". And I find that simply fabulous :Love:**edit**And I should add that from a technical standpoint it was far and away the most complex review I have worked on it was also the easiest and most enjoyable to actually sit down and write.

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

An absolutely stupendously brilliant review. You wrote it in the 'ordinary' layman's terms and perspective. Seems like you and Ray have a fab knack of doing reviews. His was a pleasure to read then, and now yours too. I've been resisting wanting to go out an buy this add-on as I have generally been a 'heavy jet' man. Now............the funds ??

I must also commend you Ted. Excellent reading.Not my usual type of aircraft but i'm highly tempted to lay down the cash for this sweet aeroplane.

Great review on this great product! :-)Its one of my favorite plane all around, the feeling you get when you fly this baby is just awsome as americans would say :-)

Edited by McDaniel

Yes a wonderful detailed reviewed. I just purchased the A2A B377 and COTS.One question is that A2A lists two COTS on their site, one is called a "upgrade". I ended up purchasing the bundle which includes B377 and COTS with a seven dollar savings. I wonder what this "upgrade is all about? Is that the one in the review? Thanks.

Great Review of an spectacular aircraft simulation

I wonder what this "upgrade is all about? Is that the one in the review?
That upgrade is for folks like myself who purchased the Aircraft and Accusim package before COTS edition was available.

RE Thomason Jr.

I ended up purchasing the bundle which includes B377 and COTS with a seven dollar savings. I wonder what this "upgrade is all about? Is that the one in the review? Thanks.
As mentioned by Blaze the upgrade is for prior B377 customers. The review piece covered the B377 w/Accusim+COTS expansion (Captain of The Ship) as a whole.I hope you have as much pleasure with the model as I did.Brush up on those VOR/NDB skills....you will need them! Actually I have to say that during and since review completion I have been planning/flying more VOR/NDB routings with all the aircraft I fly as the time spent with the B377 improved that particular aspect of my navigation skillset.In addition...I think one of the more tricky aspects to learn with regard to the B377 is anticipating turns especially base-to-final. You will probably want to extend your approaches a bit more than you might be used to as she doesn't exactly turn on a dime! It took quite a few practice landings before I got the overshoots under control....but that is probably down to my usually flying aircraft such as Twin Otters and PC-12's that can perform pirouettes on demand.Let us know how you get on.Cheers and again thanks for the kind words.Ted

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

How exactly do you do a 'pirouette' on final?Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

How exactly do you do a 'pirouette' on final?Ray
LOL! By "pirouette" I mean I can dance through the tightest of approach turns.....but comparing my usual GA aircraft to the B377 with regard to manueuverability is akin to comparing a Lotus Elise to a Kenworth T700 coupled to a 100' trailer Big%20Grin.gif

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

LOL! By "pirouette" I mean I can dance through the tightest of approach turns.....but comparing my usual GA aircraft to the B377 with regard to manueuverability is akin to comparing a Lotus Elise to a Kenworth T700 coupled to a 100' trailer Big%20Grin.gif
Lovely analogy, Ted!

good review, does justice to one of the best fsx aircraft out there.i just had a note concerning this statement "There are no navigation references once out of Gander VOR range until one arrives off the coast of Ireland. "one of the users made an awesome mod for the 377 that simulates the historical weather ships which would periodically provide navigation beacons over the north atlantic. very cool and worth checking out if you're into the old-timey navigation. you can get it from the a2a forums here:http://www.a2asimula...hp?f=37&t=26003cheers,-andy crosby

Edited by spesimen

It seemed that severe turbulence on your first flight that injured passengers got you off to a bad start. This is a pretty rare event. But, I have to say that your flying was impressive to keep the cost per mile so low. This isn’t easy and scores that low are not possible unless you really know what you are doing. This is based on wear and tear and choosing the most efficient altitude for the particular flight. Over time, your reputation should eventually build up. You may even notice Heidi treats you a little better :) Great job and thank you for the review. Scott.

Nice review! This looks like a fantastic aircraft to fly, it's on my "to get" list now.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg