Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Which ORBX products do you own?

Have to confess I do like the sound of the forthcoming SAK. But then have been a fan of Holger's work for many years.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

AustraliaAU BLUE Temperate SouthAU GOLD Central AustraliaAU GREEN Tropical NorthAU RED OutbackNorth AmericaNA PNW Pacific North WestW52 GoheenNew ZealandNZSI South IslandThat's all I have now. NZSI is awesome and I have been flying there so much since I bought it. OH, and all the freeware airports that are in the regions that I have.

Edited by Clem Wu

Everything.And if i could,i would sell even everything.I know,i cannot sell downloads.I haven`t touched any of their products since december.Michael

Everything.And if i could,i would sell even everything.I know,i cannot sell downloads.I haven`t touched any of their products since December.Michael
I'm sure they'd be gutted! We have a saying "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face"

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

All of PNW and NRM, including the freebees, but excepting Gosheen, and I haven't purchased a thing since December.It's the greatest place on earth to fly, whether VFR or IFR, lots of very unique airfields, lots of navigation beacons, different topographies - just luverly!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Until mid-2011 I bought every product that ORBX released. My signature over at their forums isn't complete - I stopped updating at some point. It's a pretty comprehensive list.At mid-year last year, I started slowing down a bit on Australia airports, good as they are - I just don't find myself getting there that often. Then, when the late-2011 products came along, I basically opted out. Wasn't feeling any animosity at that point (animosity came later) - it was just too much to absorb, from the standpoint of budget and also just keep track of the pipeline, updates, etc. Felt like drinking from the firehose. I've sometimes wondered if others had the same reaction, and if the big flood of products was maybe not the world's best strategy - driven by development but not necessarily market need or capacity.Just before the December/January blowups, I bought NZSI, and since then, I've bought only one product - Jefferson County, which is quite nice. But I'm not spending that much time in the ORBX territories these days and I'm not all that up on what's coming out. Mostly I like to fly my local area in real weather. If ORBX was ever to come out with Mid-Atlantic or northeastern US, I'd take a look at it, assuming I haven't gone over to X-Plane or some other alternative at that point.I'm planning a new system build for midyear and am wondering if I'll transfer all my ORBX products over, or just the most used ones.Bottom line: I have quite a lot of money and hard disk capacity sunk in ORBX sceneries.

I own all North American ORBX Scenery as well as all of the Airports from 7S3 in the South to to PAKT in Alaska. I also own a Lancair although it does not do much for me. I followed J van E in purchasing the RV7 from Baytower. It is a souped up version of the Katana and is simply great for VFR flying in ORBX country.

Edited by Rolfspan

I followed J van E in purchasing the RV7 from Baytower. It is a souped up version of the Katana and is simply great for VFR flying in ORBX country.
Aaaaah, yes, the RV-7! Still my favorite GA!!! The official final version is going to be released pretty soon now. Last weekend I had the honor of giving the latest (yet unreleased) beta a try and it's awesome. (And the previous beta already was awesome :( ) Some people didn't dare to purchase the beta: I hope they all will buy the final version. It's worth every cent! And the support from the dev is first class!BTW It's not really a souped up Katana but I know what you mean. :( It has the same great view out of the VC that made me love the Katana, but a lot more speed and IFR capablity. It simply is the best.

Bottom line: I have quite a lot of money and hard disk capacity sunk in ORBX sceneries.
Yes sir,There sure is a dollar or two spent there! To me, the question is becoming whether there is enough utilization of my ORBX regions and airports to keep them all. I have all of the Australian regions and almost all the airports, both payware and freeware (including 400+ from OZX) installed. I don't fly down under too much anymore, but still enjoy the ORBX NA regions and airports, of which the most time is spent in the PNW.My FSX dedicated 120g SSD is almost full with less than 20g left, so I have to make some rather difficult choices. As it is, I have not recently installed another 100g or so of additional FSX sceneries and aircraft that I bought over the years. Lately I have been especially missing my various UTX, GEX, landclass and mesh sets. At night silvery tubeliners call out to me from storage drives, rattling their chains like the ghosts of FSX past! Nail%20Biting.gifAnyway, I'm confidently looking ahead to the future of flight simulation while enjoying the present, and preserving the best of the past.Kind regards,

Here goes:PNWPFJCRMNRMIS22SI3W574SKHQMKORSWow, I didn't realize just how much I have bought. Will wait for the next sale before I purchase any more.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Aaaaah, yes, the RV-7! Still my favorite GA!!! The official final version is going to be released pretty soon now. Last weekend I had the honor of giving the latest (yet unreleased) beta a try and it's awesome. (And the previous beta already was awesome :( ) Some people didn't dare to purchase the beta: I hope they all will buy the final version. It's worth every cent! And the support from the dev is first class!BTW It's not really a souped up Katana but I know what you mean. :( It has the same great view out of the VC that made me love the Katana, but a lot more speed and IFR capablity. It simply is the best.
Downloading the beta right now. Will take her for a spin tonight. Thanks for the reminder Jeroen. She's been on my "must buy" list for a while.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

The RV7 is STILL my choice of weapon after nearly nine weeks! No other add on has been at the top of my list for anything like as long.EDIT: Sorry, that's got nuffin' to do with Orbx content. I did have the Lancair though. But despite many tries at trying to like something that everyone else droooooled over, I finally uninstalled it.

Edited by Ron Attwood

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I did have the Lancair though. But despite many tries at trying to like something that everyone else droooooled over, I finally uninstalled it.
Ron, I remember your waffling. :( It didn't take much more than 5 minutes for my disappointment to outweight my patience, maybe even less! :(

The RV7 is STILL my choice of weapon after nearly nine weeks! No other add on has been at the top of my list for anything like as long.EDIT: Sorry, that's got nuffin' to do with Orbx content. I did have the Lancair though. But despite many tries at trying to like something that everyone else droooooled over, I finally uninstalled it.
Which shows how good it is! :wink:BTW I also tried to like the Lancair, but I still don't know why so many people like it that much... I have to add though that one of my biggest problems with the plane is the VC that blocks the view so much... That er... thing on the left (I don't think you call it a window pane in a plane...?) is so HUGE...! But that's not Orbx fault of course :( , because (I suppose) it's like that in real life. Anyway, it was one of the first Orbx purchases I regretted. Edited by J van E

North America have all regions and airports except Diamond Point (love it all and still fly daily)Oceania have NZSI, AU Blue, AU Gold, YBBN. I got this over the holidays mostly for learning to fly the NGX, and J41 which I haven't gotten to much yet, NZSI is fun for VFR too.I also have the Lancair and I like it as a fast/high airplane, but usually end up flying the Turbine Duke or Piston Duke in those cases, mostly because the Lancair is so sensitive to fuel load balance.Offtopic but I also love the Baytower RV-7, I use it for VFR so don't think it really competes in the same use as the Lancair, one of the best planes even in "beta" mode.

--John near KPAE