Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jetranger

NEW Boeing 737-200 out 3/8/2012

Just Flight just announced their coming out with their Boeing 737-200 jetliner - see the video here ----}

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Looks really cool. Although your "interests" are dragging the page down... :-P

Nice one. That's the first former PSS now Black Box release, right?

Although your "interests" are dragging the page down... :-P
Haha, true! It's interests, not 'full HD forum view'. Just kidding. You can have some of my space if you like, but Will has made a point, Jetranger.

The Western logo really brings back memories. Didn't ride in the 732 in Western colors, but flew a few times as a kid in the 720. I think it is still a fantastic paint, even after all these years.

That's the first former PSS now Black Box release, right?
PSS made a 737? I remember the 777 and 767 but not the 737 from PSS. Back then, the 'God' of 737's was the Wilco PIC 737. But I have to admit this one looks nice and I will check it out for sure.Best regards,Jim

Looks great ... I will look into it some more .. thanks for the video.I went and signed up for the e-mail notification .....

Yep, I'll have that 100% for sure!I was about to buy the Just Flight DC6 tonight, but budget won't stretch to 2 addon this month, so will now wait 4 days and buy this new -200 :((I was so pleased to see it was out on 8th March and not 3rd August ........... The OP put "out on 3/8/2012" but Just Flight are a British publisher so 3/8/2012 means 3rd August not 8th March, as we write DD/MM/YYYY in the UK). :(

I am glad to find this topic and definitely looking forward to buying this 737. All the old liveries in the preview make me miss the loud and smoking jets. My primary sim is FSX, but I have also started on remodeling FS9 with retro AI flights spanning the 1980's.

Nice to see another old banger from Just Flight, although to be honest I was a little disappointed with their recent DC-4. I've been happy to fight Just Flight's comer against what I feel were unwarranted accusations of 'cartoonish' cockpits with their recent propliners such as the Connie, DC-3 and Viscount, but even I am forced to acknowledge that their DC-4 has a rather poor VC by recent FS standards. It's hard to tell if the 737 ups the game on this score based on that video promo, and of course it will be competing with the CS 737 original, but I hope it is a little better than the DC-4, which is let down by a very poor VC effort in my opinion. Just Flight are one of my favourite developers, offering great value for money, but they really do need to soup up those DC-4 cockpit visuals, which are not up to acceptable payware standards at all, and I hope their 737 is not a repeat of this.Al

Captainsim better hurry up with their 737 Pro!By the way what's up with all these see through cockpit windows? Also VC night lighting is very weak.

Justflight VCs have been a major let down for me personally, as the VC is the bit I look at 99.9999% of the time, this is still the reason I love the AirbusX so muchEdit: Their choice of aircraft however is bloody awesome!!, I just wish they would spend a bit of extra time individually mapping the parts of the cockpits on to a couple of extra texturesheets (there is no tax on amounts of texturesheets when it comes to the VC) so the fans can have a go at weathering... as has been done a few times to other aircraft

Really love the octogonal windows... so realistic... :(

Yup, that's the Black Box 732. Looking forward to it! I pretty much made my mind up on CS products; they are just not for me. I will go with the BBS 732 instead of the CS 732.

Nice to see another old banger from Just Flight, although to be honest I was a little disappointed with their recent DC-4. I've been happy to fight Just Flight's comer against what I feel were unwarranted accusations of 'cartoonish' cockpits with their recent propliners such as the Connie, DC-3 and Viscount, but even I am forced to acknowledge that their DC-4 has a rather poor VC by recent FS standards. It's hard to tell if the 737 ups the game on this score based on that video promo, and of course it will be competing with the CS 737 original, but I hope it is a little better than the DC-4, which is let down by a very poor VC effort in my opinion. Just Flight are one of my favourite developers, offering great value for money, but they really do need to soup up those DC-4 cockpit visuals, which are not up to acceptable payware standards at all, and I hope their 737 is not a repeat of this.Al
It was a DC-6 actually, and the reason the vc is cartooonish is because it was made by Aeroplane Heaven, as was the Connie, the Viscount, the DC-3 and the Comet. They just can't do texturing in the vc to make it look convincing. Why they can't hire in someone to do it for them is beyond me because they would sell many more planes if they did IMHO. The 737 is done by Black Box so I have high hopes for it!Frog.

DC-4.....? Didn't know they'd released a DC-4...... Do you mean the DC6?As TheFrog said, the 737 is by a different dev, so hopefully the recent poor VC texturing won't be evident. :smile:I've always wanted a good 737-200, and as I just can't get away with Captain Sim products, I am looking forward to this release.3 days and counting!

I am glad to find this topic and definitely looking forward to buying this 737. All the old liveries in the preview make me miss the loud and smoking jets. My primary sim is FSX, but I have also started on remodeling FS9 with retro AI flights spanning the 1980's.
What a cool project!

Thanks for posting!! This is the first I'd heard of their 732. I've been longing for an older 737 or 727 for FSX.While modern CDUs are fun to tinker with, "Flying" a CDU just doesn't hold my interest.

DC-4.....? Didn't know they'd released a DC-4...... Do you mean the DC6?
Yeah, was having a brain-fade moment lol, I assume people know what I meant, i.e. the DC-6B.Al