Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

Refuelling the new 777 and 747

I liked it in the MD-11 as well and it would be good to see it in the T7. In conjunction with GSX, it would fit in nicely.

Greg B

I am also for the slow realistic refueling but an instant fuel should also exist since it can be quite annoying for those who just want to takeoff.

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

I agree, I miss this on the NGX and hope its bought back in the NGX SP2 (If there is one coming), 777, 747 v2.0

I am also for the slow realistic refueling but an instant fuel should also exist since it can be quite annoying for those who just want to takeoff.

I havent flown the MD-11 on FS9 in a while, but im pretty sure if you want to lower the amount of fuel in the tanks, that aspect is instant.

mitch bowman

I havent flown the MD-11 on FS9 in a while, but im pretty sure if you want to lower the amount of fuel in the tanks, that aspect is instant.

mitch bowman

Ok.....

Manfred G.

Ok.....

So if you "just want to takeoff" you can lower the fuel instantly not having to wait around while it unloads. In case you haven't noticed when you load a pmdg plane it's always full of fuel so you would either just take off wih a full load or instantly lower it. I thought you'd be able to read between the lines but I guess I was wrong.

Mitch Bowman

It's funny that people come here trying to tell others what MSFS should and shouldn't be used for.

Okay so you don't appreciate the extra level of realism slow fuel loading adds.

fine, but don't tell others how they should use their Sim.that's just rude.

+1 for md11 style fuel loading in the ngx

For the record, I would like to have this feature, and I don't give a rat's [rear] how you choose to use the sim. For those who don't like/want it, they should have the instant feature. People have their reasons.

I like the sensation of it, but to be honest, when I worked at IAD, a lot of the crews were in getting coffee/paperwork/food while it was being fueled, so it's not like showing up to a fueled aircraft is a huge leap of un-realism.

Kyle Rodgers

So if you "just want to takeoff" you can lower the fuel instantly not having to wait around while it unloads. In case you haven't noticed when you load a pmdg plane it's always full of fuel so you would either just take off wih a full load or instantly lower it. I thought you'd be able to read between the lines but I guess I was wrong.

Mitch Bowman

I understood what you said. You can also simply chose an amount of fuel with the slider of the MD11 load manager and transfer the fuel directly. Then you get the same effect. I know how it works. The question is, why are you telling me?

Manfred G.

I understood what you said. You can also simply chose an amount of fuel with the slider of the MD11 load manager and transfer the fuel directly. Then you get the same effect. I know how it works. The question is, why are you telling me?

I was telling you because you originally said you wanted an instant fueling option. I was simply saying that there probably will be an instant refueling option because the Md-11 featured one.

Mitch bowman

As I use FS2Crew's Button Control to set up my flight which takes around 35-40mins, I prefer to load the fuel from within the FMS, so waiting 35-45 mins is no big deal and additionally, IMHO, adds realism just as setting the IRS to realistic is. I too am hoping that this feature will be available in the-to-come T7 and 747 v2.

I was telling you because you originally said you wanted an instant fueling option. I was simply saying that there probably will be an instant refueling option because the Md-11 featured one.

Mitch bowman

ahh. ok :) , now I am nitpicking but I wrote "instant fuel should also exist since it can be quite annoying for those who just want to takeoff." meaning that it wasn't me who wanted it This made me wonder why you would answer the non existent question. Anyway, the reason I included it is because PMDG decided to remove the slow fueling for the NGX (at least for now) but I don't want the opposite effect that they only model the slow fueling because that would be annoying for the other simmers.

I hope this clears it up

Manfred

Manfred G.

Has the team decided which method it will utilize for refueling these aircraft? I know the NGX has the instant fueling, where we just type in how much we want, but I personally prefer the method that the MD-11 utilizes where it fuels the tanks over time rather than just popping it into the tanks.

Which method do you all prefer?

mitch bowman

I also like the MD-11 method.

David DD

Yep, I also miss this addition.

Would be also very nice for the NGX ... ?

Agreed!