Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

Do you run FSX in fullscreen mode?

Fullscreen Mode  

335 members have voted

1. 1. Do you run FSX in fullscreen mode?

• Yes
    • No

I do because:

- of the immersion factor

+1

I run approach charts on my netbook and MET info on my smartphone. Just like I do in a real aeroplane. Although you could argue that runs in "windowed mode" :)

Some of you are really rich!!!

hello

My networked laptop is an old IBM thinkpad P4 @1.8ghz

This runs AS2012 via simconnect and FSCommander via WideFS, also running will be a browser and PDF viewer plus showtext or remotetext for RC4 or PFE.

I Run Dexpot multiple desktop software to give each of these their own desktop so no alt/tabbing

It easily copes with all of these so you really do not have to spend a lot, any old laptop from Ebay will suffice.

Full Screen and nothing else.

personally don't because I would constantly have to keep switching to Chrome to get my route, and then back to FSX to import it into the FMC. What about you?

I have a little sheet of paper for each flight where everything is written onto: Route, load and everything else so I don´t need any browser then.

I run mine both ways depending on what I am doing, and usually the FPS and performance is about the same no matter which way I select. Reading some of the above posts, I don't seem to have and issue running seperate panels on my 2nd display when I am in full screen mode. In window mode I might take a panel, say my GPS, right-click, and make it a seperate window. I then move it over to my 2nd display. I then go to full screen mode and the GPS is still there inside a big, black screen. In fact, I get better perromance once I do that.

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Triplehead2go so yes, full screen with a fourth monitor for panel. Alt-enter to switch out but have to resize the panel

ASUS P8Z68, Intel core I7 2600K, EVGA GTX 580, Matrox Triple head2go, GSkill 4x 4G, Windows 7 64bit

3x Samsung 24" Dell Touch screen (panel), Saitek yoke, 2x throttle quadrant, multipanel, radio panel, swicth panel,

Is there a DOCUMENTED performance boost with running in full screen opposed to running in windowed mode?

No, FSX is not going to perform better in full screen due to more pixels it needs to render. There is virtually no performance difference between the two, except the pixeldifferential-performance.

You can do the same test by lowering the full screen resolution to the desktop one. Performance is going to be the same due to similar number of pixels.

No, FSX is not going to perform better in full screen due to more pixels it needs to render. There is virtually no performance difference between the two, except the pixeldifferential-performance.

You can do the same test by lowering the full screen resolution to the desktop one. Performance is going to be the same due to similar number of pixels.

Lol are you kidding me?

Windowed

fsx%202012-04-17%2020-48-49-01.png

Fullscreen

fsx%202012-04-17%2020-48-57-74.png

Thaks for your reply Word Not Allowed...I have had FF2 in my old Fs9 installtion and was very happy with it. Then I downloaded the trial for FSX to test...Made an unforgettable mistake, I started my sim with my default to try to test and the software goofed it all up. Ithne tried to uninstall it using the uninstaller, after it run it had taken away the FSX.cfg file and some.dll which I didn't identify... I had to reinstall the whole sim ( The apple was sour) But my fault.

I am now running without...BUt I was recommended to run FSX with AlacrityPC profiled to FSX with the help from Paul J and I get very descent FPS now.

Squishy, there is something else wrong here. I never ever saw something like that. Not over past 5-6 machines I exchanged, going over FS9 and FSX.

Squishy, there is something else wrong here. I never ever saw something like that. Not over past 5-6 machines I exchanged, going over FS9 and FSX.

that's funny because I had it on all my 3 systems :)

that's funny because I had it on all my 3 systems :)

Any Vsync tweaks in your fsx.cfg?