• $31,000 to $40,000 a year or equivalent
    • $41,000 to $50,000 a year or equivalent
    • $51,000 to $60,000 a year or equivalent
    • $61,000 to $70,000 a year or equivalent
    • $71,000 to $80,000 a year or equivalent
    • $81,000 to $100,000 a year or equivalent
    • $101,000 to $120,000 a year or equivalent
    • More than $120,000 a year or equivalent
  5. 5. What is your PRIMARY flight simulator?

• FS9 or earlier
    • FSX
    • FLIGHT
    • X-PLANE
    • Prepar3D
    • Other
  6. 6. What add-on hardware do you own (multiple choice)?

• Joystick
    • Throttle
    • Yoke
    • Pedals
    • Radio / MCP / etc. modules
    • Other
    • None
  7. 7. How many hours a week do you estimate that you use your simulator?

• Less than an hour
    • 1 to 5 hours
    • 6 to 10 hours
    • 11 to 15 hours
    • 16 to 20 hours
    • More than 20 hours a week
  8. 8. Which real-time flight organization are you a member of?

• VATSIM
    • IVAO
    • Other
    • None
    • Both VATSIM and IVAO
  9. 9. Which type of flying do you do the most of?

• Low and slow - GA
    • Sport plane
    • Helicopters
    • Short haul passenger or freight - less than 2 hours
    • Medium haul passenger or freight - 2 to 4 hours
    • Long haul passenger or freight - 4 hours or more
    • Combat aircraft
    • Other
  10. 10. Which do you prefer more?

• Sushi
    • Hot dogs or Brats
    • Pizza
    • Kimchee
    • Ramen
    • Shrimp & Grits
    • Tapas
    • Stuffed Olive Leaves
    • Spotted dick
    • Pad Thai
    • Other

I am disappointed but will not take the Demographic Survey because you require an answer to income level. :mad: If you will add a "Prefer not to answer" button to the income question I will gladly complete the survey.

Just put 'Over $120,000' I thought it was only a British thing that it is rude to ask someone's income (regarded as nosey). Seems not.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

"Spotted dick" ... Good one! I chuckled at that one. Wonder how many people actually know what it is ...

I was laughing when I saw that. Had no idea what is was and just figured it was something that some women ate, lol.

I am disappointed but will not take the Demographic Survey because you require an answer to income level. :mad: If you will add a "Prefer not to answer" button to the income question I will gladly complete the survey.

Just lie if you dont want to say. Even if you put the correct figure its not like anyone knows who you are, can see the amount you put, or really cares if you make nothing or make a million a year.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Your first post? Really? It's an anonymous survey. And yes, if I worked really hard at it, I could figure out who voted what. I have neither the energy or the interest, and could really care less how much you make or not. So, please do not take the survey if you are concerned about it.

Just put 'Over $120,000' I thought it was only a British thing that it is rude to ask someone's income (regarded as nosey). Seems not.

Anonymous... Anonymous... "demographic"...

Tom, if you "could really care less how much you make or not" why ask the question at all unless you're mining financial data for advertisers. But then why would an advertiser trust the data?

I remain an avid fan of AVSIM but cannot in good conscience take the survey. Sorry...

Tom, if you "could really care less how much you make or not" why ask the question at all unless you're mining financial data for advertisers. But then why would an advertiser trust the data?

I remain an avid fan of AVSIM but cannot in good conscience take the survey. Sorry...

Mining data? Okay... I think that is funny. If we were mining data, we would make the results invisible and ask for some seriously more important information than that of your income. The data is publicly displayed, anonymously, and everyone, including vendors, see it.

I don't care what your income is, or not. The industry, in GENERAL terms does. If the community is totally unemployed and everyone makes less than $10K a year, there isn't much of a future for business in this hobby, is there? Simple solution. You made the right decision... Don't take the survey.

Pretty strong showing for FSX as being the "primary" sim at 75% compared to 21% for FS9. No wonder some devs are starting to deviate away from FS9 development. I'd do the same if I new that only 20% of the market comes from that category.

If I were you I would be more worried about using the internet, having an email account, using credit or debit cards, or having a bank account that a lot of banks share info with, than from an innocent Avsim demographic survey. Like Tom said, not participating is probably the best choice since the risk associated with surveys is not for everyone. :ph34r:

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Wow, I sure hope someone from MS doesn't read the survey results.

On the other hand the guys from Dominoes would be happy!

www.antsairplanes.com

As a Dutch man i knew what 'spotted dick" is and one day i asked my English friend why on earth a dish had such a rude name :-)

The conclusion of the survey should be to serve pizza's on short to medium flights, while at the same moment us well to do older guys do not operate any MCP's or Combo's to steer airliners on our flight for both IVAO and VATSIM 8-]

Spoted Dick may be served after the pizza for those who know what they are going to eat. I'll have a Dame Blanche after the pizza, thank you :-)

Nice survey, but I think that the financial question is perhaps not useful. I would be willing to be that very few people answer it truthfully. I would suggest that either " Prefer not to Answer" or " NOYDB" should be available. And, BTW, the message that I have to answer each question tends to turn me off in surveys; in fact, I really don't , do I?

I do think that this is an important survey which is why I did answer the questions. But I am less excited about requirements than I just to be.....

Ed

I don't mind bragging about my millions, what's the point of being rich if nobody knows?

On a more serious note I'd like to see you allow two answers to the type of flying question next time.

I must be rich or daft, I have 140GB of payware addons, I like Fish n Chips, and raw Oysters from the Southern Ocean. I am partial to "Spotted Dick" with lashings of tomato sauce (Ketchup) with a side dish of baked beans (girls just love blokes who eat baked beans, that's why I am such a babe magnet.

:dirol:

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I would like to take part in the survey but when I try I get the message that I have already voted. I have not, so what is going on?

Confused - as usual

Allan

I voted Sport Plane but what I meant is that I fly small fast planes like the legacy and turbine duke. I wouldn't exactly call those low and slow. The Legacy is faster than some small pax carriers, same goes for the T Duke.... either way I fly GA most of the time.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |