Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stamoum

Airports with frequent bad weather?

Hi everyone.

I love to fly my pmdg ngx in bad weather.

Does anyone know of airports that can handle a 737-600 that often has bad weather conditions?

Staale Moum.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I haven't tried it in the sim but the scariest real-world landing I ever had was at Wellington (NZWN) on a very windy day. The crash trucks were lined-up next to the runway just waiting for those pilots who didn't have the "right stuff".

Charlie

Also, Iceland has frequent high winds depending on season. Boeing flies aircraft there to test their crosswind capabilities. (BIKF)

[media=]

[/media]

Far eastern Canada also has a few places that get hammered a lot. Places like St. Johns (CYYT), Halifax (CYHZ), and Gander (CYQX) are some of the places I've flown to and had some pretty cool experiences in.

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know of airports that can handle a 737-600 that often has bad weather conditions?

Staale Moum.

Hi Staale,

Or you can try Deadhorse in Alaska. (yeah it really exist) It is always!!! bad weather. But in winter it is extreme...

Eric

Hi Staale,

Or you can try Deadhorse in Alaska. (yeah it really exist) It is always!!! bad weather. But in winter it is extreme...

Eric

I've done Deadhorse about 15 times. It's cold, but I've never been up there with anything I'd call extreme, luckily. Day to day, Fairbanks is colder and foggier. Juneau is rainy and cloudy and turbulent. Although, my last landing at Deadhorse was a bit of a trip with a HW shearing to a quarting TW on short final. . . good times. :)

I've done Deadhorse about 15 times. It's cold, but I've never been up there with anything I'd call extreme, luckily. Day to day, Fairbanks is colder and foggier. Juneau is rainy and cloudy and turbulent. Although, my last landing at Deadhorse was a bit of a trip with a HW shearing to a quarting TW on short final. . . good times. :)

15 times. Than you are an expert. But you're right. Snow and very cold weather. But the wind isn't that bad.

Eric

Hi everyone.

Staale Moum.

PAKT, ENZV(Stavanger), CYXS, CYLW etc and definetly southern Alaska airports like PAJN etc

Hope this helps - and all of them can handle a B736!!

FA Smith

Thanks for all the response. I see a lot of these airports are in canada and alaska.

I live in norway myself. Close to ENTO airport.

Try Belgium in the summer :)

LOL..I was going to suggest Bournemouth right now (and for the last three weeks!)

Anywhere in England at any time of year, but preferably summer ;)

Thanks for all the response. I see a lot of these airports are in canada and alaska.

I live in norway myself. Close to ENTO airport.

Tycker inte du att hela Vestlandet har nog med dåligt väder? :P

I love flying SAS routes. Aerosoft has ESSA and a few Norway airports. As mentioned above, ENZV is great for low vis and high winds and a great Aerosoft scenery.

there is a program out thats called fsx approach or something like that. It sets you up on approach any run way in fsx and you can set the weather how you want in fsx .

I finished flight to my home town. Oh yeah. Like the OP I too enjoy bad'ish weather. Although wind direction wasn't that bad.

peFoy.jpg

xvOit.jpg

e38A3.jpg

I did a Queenstown to Auckland yesterday afternoon and had thunderstorms in the Auckland area, gusting winds and broke visual at 600' on the 23ILS...was a great flight!

Around this time of year, fly pretty much anywhere in the middle of the US - Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri etc - bad weather galore.