Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spilok

How are your frames with Milviz Baron 55?

Love this Milviz bird. I'm flying it just about every day. However, I notice that, compared to many other planes in my stable, that the VC seems to have a pretty strong impact on frame rates. Do any of you notice the same thing? I've compared it to the Milviz Cessna 310, and others. I'm seeing about a 20% or more decrease in overall smoothness. Hope it's not the new Nvidia drivers I just bragged about on this forum. I'll keep checking, but I'm interested in what others think about the overall performance of this great plane.

Stan

Runs pretty well on my I7.

Al

And someone else said to try reinstalling the aircraft if you have bad frames.

I've had no issues with frame rates. Perhaps that's because I have a 1 gb nVidia 560ti card with an i7 2600K, and I've implemented probably all of the tweaks we've discussed on Avsim (Bojote's fsx.cfg tweak, Word Not Allowed's nVidia Inspector's tweaks, etc.).

I've found the Baron to be one of the easiest aircraft on frame rates, actually.

No issues with frame rates here. It's on par with most other GA on my fleet.

I'm not having frame rate problems, one of the picture set I posted shows high 40's and into the 50's with my settings.

Guest Mik75

Slightly less than with default planes. Approximately the same as the newer Carenado releases. No problems at all

even over demanding and dense sceneries.

I try re-installing to see if that helps.

Stan

No problems with the FPS on my system, but FPS are indeed somewhat lower than the C310 from the same developer. Lots of 3D knobs and details in the VC.

<p>Somewhat lower rates here too, but then again I've been flying in heavier than normal (whatever that is) cloud cover and rain.  But nothing to get weepy over by any means.  Really nice sim for the price indeed :-)   Computer specs in my membership details.</p>

The Milviz B55 and the Carenado 182T are both planes that give me a bad FPS performance in the VC. In the 182 it is clearly related to the G1000 map (there will come a patch someday according to Carendao).

In the Milviz B55 it is clearly related to the GPS. When I turn off the upper GPS I get a HUGE boost in FPS. Performance is like the RA Duke then (in the Duke and more or less all my other planes there is only maybe 1 FPS difference between GPS on and off).

Shortly after release there was a discussion about this FPS issue in the Milviz support forum here.. Some have that problem, some not. Just strange.

The Milviz B55 and the Carenado 182T are both planes that give me a bad FPS performance in the VC. In the 182 it is clearly related to the G1000 map (there will come a patch someday according to Carendao).

In the Milviz B55 it is clearly related to the GPS. When I turn off the upper GPS I get a HUGE boost in FPS. Performance is like the RA Duke then (in the Duke and more or less all my other planes there is only maybe 1 FPS difference between GPS on and off).

Shortly after release there was a discussion about this FPS issue in the Milviz support forum here.. Some have that problem, some not. Just strange.

Interesting. I put RXP GPS in immediately and I have not experienced frame rate issues with the B55. Wonder if that is in any way consistent among other customers for the B55.

Stan,

Colin from Milviz posted a link to lower res textures which could help you improve your frame-rates in another thread. I haven't tried them yet.

I couldn't get them to work despite much communication with MilViz.  I'd love to hear if anyone has had success with the lower res textures.

How are your frames with Milviz Baron 55?

Considerably heavier than in their divine C310R.... which caused me to return the B55 under the Flight 1 guarantee.   I also thought the cockpit ambience felt quite sterile compared to the C310, mainly because the 310 has those lovely whirring sounds when I switch the batteries on, whereas the B55 is as dead as a dodo.

Have my rig set at 30fps max and generally am achieving 29-30 fps with the B55 over ORBX England, Wales and Scotland.  Have an i5 3570 @ 3.4 GHz

I get better FPS in the NGX then I do the Baron.  It seems related to the GPS units.