Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

General Update: 07JUL12

Amazing news Randazzo ! Glad to see you among us !

Thank you Robert for this update!!! I can't wait for those previews. I only saw this update now, 11:36PM, as I don't have 3G access here in Brazil. Lol.

Thanks for the update captain! I enjoy reading stuff like that every time.

Now, I still have a few questions regarding the 747V2.0

• The 747-400 v2.0 will have an all new VC at the detail level of the 777 but the external model will stay the "old" one, right?
  • As far as I undestood, the 747-8i/f will have a completely new external model, just like the 777 in addition to the VC with its systems, am I correct?

Would be cool if someone could answer me that few questions. :smile:

Take care!

Bogdan-

No... None of the information in your post is accurate!

The 747-400 is a clean sheet development cycle that will produce a 747-400 using the technology engine we have created for the NGX and the 777. Everything about the product will be new...

When the 747-8i expansion is released it will work only with the *new* 747-400v2.0 and it will also be an "all new" exercise. We have learne quite a bit over the past few years and have eliminated a number of very resource hungry processes- so using the old models is not an option.

Guys. Don't believe Robert about the deer. It wasn't a suicide.

The deer stopped him and asked for a release date and to be a beta tester.

See what happens?

Bob-

I will neither confirm nor deny that the deer previously mentioned in the post above was or was not involved in a request for release date information regarding the previously described 777.

That doe might have been one of Santa's reindeer tho- because it soared right over the roof of the truck... Ugly...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Concerning your move-Will you still be at the Reno Air races?

Peter-

In June of '11 we decided that 2011 would be our last year racing the airplane due to a combination of factors. First- there are certain risks that come with racing 50' above the desert floor. Our counsel felt that even though we have a significant amount of liability protection and routinely carried a $10M liability policy for that week- there were simply no guarantees that we would be shielded from massive litigation costs in the event of an accident.

Second- The more we raced the less comfortable I became with the risk components vs. the safety mechanisms in place for the aircraft and pilots on the course.

Third- This particular aircraft is a bit of a historic artifact in that she is the only (known) surviving SNJ-6/T-6 type airplane that is (known) to have served with a forward deployed combat unit of the US Marines during WWII. (Marshall Islands campaign- for those interested... she served in the same squadron as John Glenn... Although there is no record of him flying the airplane- the whole story itself is pretty neat and as such I feel like we have a resonsibiliy to ensure she survives to help tell the story of that generation...)

Fourth- A sizable portion of our race team works in the airline industry- and more than half the team has been scattered to the wind by changing employment requirements. In 2011 it was primarly me, Paul Gollnick, Chuck (hey chuck!) and Ken, the race jockey.... It was a HUGE amount of work for such a small team...

So- when we evaluated things in 2011, we decided it was time to call it quits. Losing Jimmy Leeward during the '11 races didn't factor in directly- but it did reinforce the decision. Jimmy was a good friend to all of us and his accident drove home the risk factors without much subtlety....

That being said- I am currently planning to attend the races- but not to race...

And I found this hilarious. I've never seen someone get slammed by the filter as hard as you do hahaha. It took me a second to think of what it filtered, but when I saw it, I had a pretty good laugh.

Gee whiz.....

I'm beginning to think Tom has it set to randomly blank words in my posts... :ph34r:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

YeaH! I am also looking forward to flying the B777! Just got the JustPlanes B777-200LR and B777-300ER videos and hope to replicate those flights once the PMDG B777 is released!

With regards to the 747-8 v2.0 expansion can you please not make it like the old way where we have to use an external configuration program in order to switch between the 747-400 and the 747-8?

With regards to the 747-8 v2.0 expansion can you please not make it like the old way where we have to use an external configuration program in order to switch between the 747-400 and the 747-8?

I think it's been mentioned a few times here that the 744 and 748 are two different aircraft. I don't think you'll need to use any manager. Think the NGX, 744 and 744F (old), and the MD-11 an MD-11F.

I think it's been mentioned a few times here that the 744 and 748 are two different aircraft. I don't think you'll need to use any manager. Think the NGX, 744 and 744F (old), and the MD-11 and MD-11F.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

YeaH! I am also looking forward to flying the B777! Just got the JustPlanes B777-200LR and B777-300ER videos and hope to replicate those flights once the PMDG B777 is released!

Bad idea, will make the wait longer.. ha! I've seen them stupid amounts of times. I wasn't a massive fan of the Polar DVD as it had MUCH less detail. I've only watched it twice since having it for months. The 77L to Aus & 77W are my favourite.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the update. Does the latest news regards the 777 mean you still anticipate release this year?

Duncan

Robert, I've asked this question before but I never received an answer (that I saw). While I am sure it will not make any difference to us - your loyal customers - I was just curious as to why the PMDG office has moved from one side of the US of A to the other???

Bogdan-

No... None of the information in your post is accurate!

The 747-400 is a clean sheet development cycle that will produce a 747-400 using the technology engine we have created for the NGX and the 777. Everything about the product will be new...

When the 747-8i expansion is released it will work only with the *new* 747-400v2.0 and it will also be an "all new" exercise. We have learne quite a bit over the past few years and have eliminated a number of very resource hungry processes- so using the old models is not an option.

Allright, awesome! :smile: I just thought you said in Munich that the -400 will stay the old model. Anyway, now I got 3 nice airliners I can look forward to. I love you guys! :biggrin:

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the update. Does the latest news regards the 777 mean you still anticipate release this year?

Duncan

You know he won't answer this kind of question, don't you ? ;p

Thanks for those many updates Mr. Randazzo.

Always a very interesting read while we have to wait!