Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Windows 8 and FSX

There is no lack of start menu...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you would like me to test something in regard to FSX in Win8, just drop a reply below. :smile:

Windows 7 like its predecessors are probably going to be supported for the next 10 years... it's the most stable and advanced operating systems around... With no compelling reason to upgrade, I ain't going to win8 anytime soon... If it works don't f&&k with it...why would I want a touch screen with P3d?....just 'cause you could twiddle with every Instrument in the cockpit, soooooo...

....hmmmm

.... Didn't think about that.....

.....wellll....not today at least...

Just my two cents ...regards to y'all, and have a good day.

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Hi!

I´m not so good in english, but I´ve tried to get everything in this thread but didn´t found my issue I have with WIN8 64 and FSX/ACC.

I have a fresh installation of WIN8 64 (SSD) and a fresh installation of FSX/ACC (SSD). The following things are added: ORBX Sceneries, FSUIPC (registred) and A2A Accufeel. Not more. What happen is, that after a while my FSX looses every controllers (Saitek Yoke, Saitek Rudder, Trim Wheel, Quadrant).

I tried the SPAD (0.51) Driver for my rest of Saitek (2 radios, Multipanel, Switchpanel) With Win7, 64 never a problem. Here it didn´t changed anything. I deinstalled SPAD and flow just with Yoke, Rudder and Trimwheel ( connected to the USB Hub of the Yoke), After about 3-5 min., the controllers have gone and I can´t configure something either with FSUIPC (no reaction) nor inside FSX - there is just the mousestearing shown....

Any ideas???

I´m rather frustrated.... It took a loooooong time to install everything new... :(

My system

AMD 1090BE @ 3.9Ghz

16GB RAM

GTX 470

Win8, 64bit on SSD Crusical C300 (256Gb)

FSX, ACC, ORBX on SSD Samsung 830 (512Gb)

regards, stephan

Cheers, Stephan

i7 4790K @4,6Ghz (102x45), ASUS Maximus VII Hero, 16GB Corsair Venegance 1866, Corsair WC H100i, Gigabyte GTX 780 OC, 3x SSD (Win7, FSX, P3D), Dell UHD 27'", Saitek Homecockpit

Curious if you have your controllers plugged into a USB 3.0 or 2.0 port? If it is in a 3.0 port try using a 2.0 port instead.

- Aaron

I have a fresh installation of WIN8 64 (SSD) and a fresh installation of FSX/ACC (SSD). The following things are added: ORBX Sceneries, FSUIPC (registred) and A2A Accufeel. Not more. What happen is, that after a while my FSX looses every controllers (Saitek Yoke, Saitek Rudder, Trim Wheel, Quadrant).

I´m rather frustrated.... It took a loooooong time to install everything new... :(

Hallo Stephan,

I confirm and share both the problem and the frustration. My system is more or less like yours (one SSD with WIn8 64), another just for Prepar3D with OpusFSX, registered FSUIPC, REX, UTX.

I'm mostly flying the NGX on medium to short flights, and as a rule my MS Sidewinder disconnects after a while into most flights. There have been a couple flights so far where it did not, but there is no consistency. Same route, same aircraft, same flight time.. and yet on the next flight it disconnects again.

I have not yet found a way to get P3D to recognise it again after that point. Need to close P3D and restart which obviously kills the pleasure of using the sim altogether.

I have made sure I use the latest drivers, have run P3D in different compatibility modes, have tried switching between USB 2 and USB 3 connectors, unplugged an replugged the joystick, uninstalled FSUIPC.. nada.

It would be a major pain indeed to reformat and install Win7, and then set up the whole system from ground up again, but I'm getting closer..

Wonder how many more are having the same issue and if anybody at all found a consistent solution so far.

George

Hi!

Thanks for answering! I spent the day online to find answers... but it seems really to be a special problem of Win8, which isn´t clear to handle our fsx-stuff yet... :-(

I´ve tried many things, different USB Ports, different Controllers (also a simple Logitech Extreme 3D pro), the Saitek X52pro instead of the Homecockpitstuff... nothing - always the same and like George says, sometimes it works a bit longer, sometimes not - you can never be sure to end a flight... Nothing for me at the moment... So, I decided to make a Image of my WIN8 and FSX folder in order to reactivate it, when the times has come... ;-)

And now back to the roots... ;-)

regards, stephan

Cheers, Stephan

i7 4790K @4,6Ghz (102x45), ASUS Maximus VII Hero, 16GB Corsair Venegance 1866, Corsair WC H100i, Gigabyte GTX 780 OC, 3x SSD (Win7, FSX, P3D), Dell UHD 27'", Saitek Homecockpit

Hi there ... I upgraded to W8 from W7-64bit. On first open, FSX was choppy. I uninstalled it. But not the addons. Reinstalled it. It opens, but only in Window Mode. How do I get it in full screen. Will the menus on the top of the page be there. In window mode its all gone. Thx for your help. Warren > FSX

So hey everyone, I really hate to be that person who joins just because they are desperate and need help from a forum, but I really don't know what else to do. I have windows 8 now, and a computer that should be more than capable of running flight simulator x with very high settings. It is running great, but I don't have any idea how to install addon scenery. I have tried every tutorial I could find, and the windows 7 ones show a glitch where it is necessary to click below the two files "scenery" and "textures" in the addon file. It doesn't seem to do that, and I have no idea what to try next. Could someone throw me any ideas that they have?

Win 8 and FSX didn´t work for me. I had to completely reinstall Win 7 and throw Win 8 into the trashbin. It´s a bad operating system with a flawed UI and even worse implications for the whole PC market, meaning MS wanting to take control of the PC and it´s applications.

This is by far the worst OS from MS since Vista.

I completely dissagree. I've had Win8 pro x64 since it came out, installed on my 2 yrs old hp dv6 laptop, running fsx with pmdg, rex, gex, fsdt, aerosoft addons without any problems. I used to have issues with Saitek x52pro dissapearing in win 7, and i have no issues now. And there is a START in Win8 :P

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Is it possible to just do an upgrade to W8 without doing a re install of FSX? That would mean a week of work for me (yuck)

LOL it took me 2 months and still installing drivers every day it seems.

Cheers

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Well those were my experiences with Win 8. There seem to be some lucky few where FSX works without a hitch, but I believe that it´s just not worth the hassle. Win 8 is a bad OS, in terms of UI and what it means for the pc market, so I think everyone should just boycott this blatant attempt from MS to control the pc market.

When I try to change the hour in a flight, FSX crash, I run the simulator with compatibility mode and crash too... so I think microsoft needs to create an special update for FSX!

Guess the FSX future doesn't look good. I predicted the point of incompatible OS's and I turned out to be right. Joysticks disconnecting, FSX crashing.

Unfortunately Microsoft will retain the crappy metro UI. Why? Because if they would change back to Windows 7 style interface, they are basically showing that they failed with Windows 8. And of course, they don't wanna lose face.