Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Aerosoft's new AirbusX Extended is on short final - many pics here

Only a few are "swanning off". No one ever said that work was stopping this weekend so I'm not sure where you are getting that from. All of the testers and the developers on the project will continually be working on it, including myself, as we always have, no matter what "event" might be happening.

That's good to hear, thanks for the info. I thought the term "swanning" was appropriate given it's insinuation of flying off to a show =).

Why so upset that a few guys at Aerosoft goes to a flight sim show for the weekend? It's not like anyone has paid for the Airbus Extended.

In my heart I have paid for this addon and thus in my heart so entitled I am :LMAO

In my heart I have paid for this addon and thus in my heart so entitled I am :LMAO

^_^

That's good to hear, thanks for the info. I thought the term "swanning" was appropriate given it's insinuation of flying off to a show =).

Of course. Enjoyed that one too :lol:

It's not like anyone has paid for the Airbus Extended.

I simply was saying that I wanted to pay for a nice product... But, when a product is delayed for literally months on end, I have very little interest in investing in a development team that is likely to be delayed with other patches and future products. - I personally see it as a way to reward devs who can manage to stay on schedule and hopefully deter developers from making unrealistic release announcements that cause backlash in the community.

Yeah i guess i'm just ranting for nothing, sorry about that. It's just my way to express my feelings, but it doesn't really make much sense here, even more when i left the boat.

I'll just read from now on :ph34r:

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Any backlash from the community is minuscule at best. People will flock to this if its as good as it looks and will forget about delays. Things happen. If this was a fly by night operation then maybe being skeptical would make sense.

I simply was saying that I wanted to pay for a nice product

I hear you. I understand that. And my comment wasn't directed at you or anyone else in particular. It's just that the would be customers can't dictate what a company does on it's own time. You haven't paid for it - YET.

Everyone has a right to raise their opinion, but some of the comments I have seen regarding the release of this product, I find, are very immature and almost hysterical to some degree.

After all, we live on planet Earth, s*** happens. Software gets delayed. It snows, planes get delayed.. Hurricanes happen etc etc.

Ok, my rant is over. B)

Sheesh!.. a bunch of petulant children!

The worst posts there are jerks who keeps posting "Are we there yet" a million times.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Giving us multiple releases then saying it has "too many bugs" is a real nice way to close the door for me!

Should we be dishonest then? We think that is the release dates but we miss it. ###### happens. No offence but if the door is fully closed, you wont be replying to me anyway.

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png

I simply was saying that I wanted to pay for a nice product... But, when a product is delayed for literally months on end, I have very little interest in investing in a development team that is likely to be delayed with other patches and future products. - I personally see it as a way to reward devs who can manage to stay on schedule and hopefully deter developers from making unrealistic release announcements that cause backlash in the community.

I do see your point Ben.

I guess Aerosoft needs to convince me that they are up to making a complex add-on and can maintain it too, before I part with my cash. I have read many posts stating that the Airbus X (non-extended) was essentially un-flyable for many due to constant CTD's, so I suppose I'd like to see that they have improved their standards. This "short final" release farce is not helping to make their case.

I might wait for some detailed feedback and reviews before I purchase. Should the thing need major patching I'll wait for that the happen too. It's not just the money, it's the time too. I get so little time to fly these days, I can't be bothered with instability, and shonky coding.

If the bus lives up to the hype I'll purchase gladly though. Been waiting for one for many years, like the rest of you.

So you prefer the silence like the PMDG is doing? I think one thing is fairly sure: we simmers are never satisfied! Whatever developers do, inform us or don't inform us, we (you) nag like a little children. No report - give us reports! Reports here, release pending - waaaa!!! Bugs found, delayed - booohoooo!!! What the hell...??? Just chill, observe and post if you like, but saying "I have very little interest in investing in a development team that is likely to be delayed with other patches and future products" is just like saying you wouldn't give PMDG your money because they take long to develop! Just that they are not talking about it...

we (you) nag like a little children

I just wanted to add that with "you" I ment all who nag, not Ben directly or only.

Name one Dev who does not have patches or fixes for their software. Some are more major than others, but I seem to remember along with hundreds of others, when the PMDG NGX was actually UNFLYABLE due to panel freezes.

I like that they are not trying to push out a bedbug filled addon, but actually see, take note, and are trying to fix the systems that have issues, before releasing it and getting bad press, or more bad press that is, seeing as how they are catching hell in a hand basket now for delaying the release because they keep running into issues.

I certainly don't think the delays are for nothing. I really do believe they have had all the intentions in the world to release this plane when they said they were, only to run into something else. I don't think they are playing games, or doing this for hype, which no matter how much people want to argue, this thread and others like it on the Aerosoft forums are causing just that, one of the most talked about addons. Any press is good press.

Aerosfott could be in for a failure IF they're not able to deliver the product they promised.

This product was announced to be released as of November of last year. We are now in October of 2012, and they seem to be completely lost. They appear to know what their doing but I think their actions are speaking louder. It has been almost a year since they promised to deliver the product.

This can cause a huge impact in that customers could lose complete interest on the product and BBS manages to pull theirs together... And to kill it completely, that FSLabs comes out with their A320.