Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Aerosoft's new AirbusX Extended is on short final - many pics here

newlandinglights.jpg

That actually looks superb. Looking forward to this.

yes now that I can see them they look pretty good I agree...but on the aerosoft forum one of the devs stated that they didnt bother with the reflective lights since they thought it would effect frames too much...dunno but he just made the post either today or yesterday i believe. Perhaps I misunderstood or maybe he was speaking only of the nav lights not being reflective?

Yes, the poster was referring to the NAV and Strobe lights will not be reflected on the ground, which PMDG have done. The landing lights though will be hard coded, just like the Airbus X earlier and PMDG.

Dinshaw.

The forward lighting here is good, as in the NGX, but the NGX strobe effect at night is amazing. Seeing those flashes "over the shoulder" when touching down is quite realistic, as far as my limited experience of night flying in the real world goes...

A

Did you just make the alpha all white?

Yup that's all it is =). Cheap and nasty but gets the job done.

- This one is probably a no go for me. Seems they left out a few details that seem part of the ' day -to-day ' operations-

1. No Alieron/ Elevator droop when the Hyd. are off.

2. No realistic apu start up, or fuel consumtion.

These seem rather simple details that could and should be simulated.

ps- Im wondering if the fuel ECAM page tank/pumps are simulated accuratley? The Automated Fuel sytem on the bus is extrodinary. If that is modelled correctly, then i will reconsider.

Peter Osborn

In Aerosoft's defense, there are hundreds of 'rather simple details' that could be added. At the price point they've set, they have to draw the line somewhere...

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

- This one is probably a no go for me. Seems they left out a few details that seem part of the ' day -to-day ' operations-

1. No Alieron/ Elevator droop when the Hyd. are off.

2. No realistic apu start up, or fuel consumtion.

These seem rather simple details that could and should be simulated.

ps- Im wondering if the fuel ECAM page tank/pumps are simulated accuratley? The Automated Fuel sytem on the bus is extrodinary. If that is modelled correctly, then i will reconsider.

I am sorry but if you need all this details that much, I think FSL can satisfy your needs. The Aerosoft Airbus is clearly not aimed at you if you need such detailed details.

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png

Indeed, details are always simple when you aren't responsible for implementing them.

- Aaron

Okay, but freeware developers can make Aileron and elevator droop. Then Aerosoft could make two version. One addon at the 40€ costs and the other at the 60-70€. And there is is modeled and maybe the topic about wingflex and the A318 and A319.

I would pay more because the Airbus X looks very good but the small things are going to make it not that good.

It sound like the FSLabs version will be for you....is it a deal breaker that the IAE version does not have correct gauges either?

In Aerosoft's defense, there are hundreds of 'rather simple details' that could be added. At the price point they've set, they have to draw the line somewhere...

It doesn't stop to amaze me how many people will ask for almost everything on an airplane, and come to find out they only use a few things or simply don't need it. One time I read about someone complaining about the pilot's eyes not blinking,so they refused to purchase the a/c add-on. He%20He.gif

What is elevator droop????

Isn't that when the elevator drops due to lack of hydraulic pressure, for example when engines off...? PMDG have that simulated, I find it realistic, since it simulates well the external look while in cold and dark.