Sign in to follow this  
T_Fleck

Tri-star coming soon

Hi all,

Just been catching up on the thread here,

I love your Delta repaint Todd, going to download that when I'm on the PC next, thanks, and mighty quick too. I reckon that's one of the smartest L1011 liveries in my opinion!

Happy flying,

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Glad you like it! The Delta TriStar holds a special place in my heart, flown on many of them. I am working on an updated version that will take more time, just wanted to get something out there for people.

If anyone is interested in domestic TriStar routes that Delta flew (not all 385-3(500)), here's what I can remember.

KATL-KMCO

KATL-KPHL

KATL-KDEN

KATL-KMEM

KATL-KDAY

KATL-KTPA

KATL-KMIA

KATL-KORD

KATL-KMCO

KATL-KJAX

KATL-KBL

KATL-KEWR

KBDL-KBOS

KBDA-KBOS

KBOS-KFLL

KBOS-KMCO

KBOS-KPBI

KDAY-KATL

KDFW-KLAS

KDFW-KATL

KDFW-KSFO

KDFW-KSAN

KDFW-KMCO

KDTW-KATL

KFLL-KEWR

KJFK-KATL

KMCO-KEWR

LMCO-KATL

KMCO-KLAX

KMSY-KDFW

KMSY-KLAX

KLGA-KATL

KLAX-KDFW

KLAX-KATL

KORD-KFLL

KPBI-KATL

KPBI-KMIA

KPHL-KATL

KSEA-KATL

KSFO-KATL

KSFO-KLAX

KSFO-KDFW

KTPA-KMSY

KTPA-KATL

KTPA-KORD

Todd,

Just curious...

As a repainter of the JF L1011, didn't you notice something peculiar regarding the fuselage textures ?....

Jan

Not sure what you are referring to. My paint or the kit in general? I noticed several issues I am working in with a new version. The kit is really not the best I have used.

I started playing around with this bird tonight and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I like the cockpit even though the textures are not as good as I was hoping they would be. I like the wear in the cockpit though, makes the cockpit feel really used. I like the wind shear warning every time REX injects weather, that's really cool and a welcome change from some of my other add-on's immediately screaming "overspeed". The FDE seems a bit strange. When taking off, it feels like I'm flying something much smaller. I'm not a pilot nor have I ever flown in an L1011 but it doesn't 'feel' like a tubeliner. It's a little weird tbh but maybe I'll like it more after getting more time in it.

Not sure what you are referring to. My paint or the kit in general? I noticed several issues I am working in with a new version. The kit is really not the best I have used.

Well, i love aircraft for their looks in the first place ( oh,yeah, and because they can fly.. B)   ). Countless times i have been feasting my eyes on the arrival of the Royal Jordanian L1011 from EHAM's Promenade deck as she comes taxiïng in all gleaming and glistening in the sun. In my aircraft spotters book one of the most beautiful and spectacular liveries that could be seen at Schiphol around those days. Also one of the reasons i like the L1011 so much.

Goes without saying that i was one of the first to buy the JF L1011 although some of the screenshots left me with some sort of uncanning feeling.... What it was revealed itself after i first loaded the Royal Jordanian L1011 in FSX : no specular light mapping has been applied to the fuselage textures, i.e. no gleaming and glistening in the sun....  :Shocked:

A.o. the abbility to apply a specular map to external aircraft textures ( along with a reflectivity map, naturally ) is what makes FS9 and FSX stand out from all its predecessors ( although it really came to fruitation in FSX, in FS9 one did not have much control over it ) and is one of the main reasons that makes viewing external aircraft models such a treat in FSX.

The JF L1011 is the first FSX aircraft model that i have come across that has no specular lighting applied to its fuselage ( there are specular maps for the fuselage textures alright but the're all black.... ), certainly for an airliner that's a big negative for me.

No idea what the reason behind this 'glaring omission' is but i've told JF about it and hope for a high polished solution one of these days.

Thanks a lot for your Delta repaint, Todd, it too is one of great liveries i remember the L1011 so much by. 

Jan

Ah, I hadn't even looked at the spec map yet. Easy enough fix though to create new ones.

The JF L1011 is the first FSX aircraft model that i have come across that has no specular lighting applied to its fuselage ( there are specular maps for the fuselage textures alright but the're all black.... ), certainly for an airliner that's a big negative for me.

Jan, thanks for pointing this out.

John

Hi all,

Downloaded your Delta livery this morning Todd, just wanted to say thanks, it's a real cracker, all of a sudden Delta are operating internal domestic flights using an L1011 in the UK, whatever next!!!!!!!!

I hadn't noticed the lack of shine in the external views until it was pointed out above, wow would that go down as an error or omission on Just Flights part?  I'm not sure but doesn't the RAF grey livery have a shine to it? or did I just dream it!

I have a problem trying to take off with this aircraft, there doesn't seem to be any elevator trim settings anywhere in the manual and if you set the trim wheel to "Take-off" setting then you seem to be manning a rocket not a plane. I tried lowering the trim setting to 2 but then the plane stayed firmly glued to the runway. Has anyone else had similar trouble?

So I then set up the INS for a quick test flight, lol, you really have to watch the input of numbers in that system, as i thought I had input everything correctly but half way through my flight found myself going off in a different direction. Turns out I had put one digit in the latitude on one way point wrong! Ended up 1 degree further south than I should have, lol.

Anyway going to persevere with this one, it's turning out to be one I am sure is going to get many miles in my sim, if Just flight get round to fixing the bugs. Which I'm sure they will do soon.

Happy Flying. 

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

I am playing around with the specs; they certainly are different.  It has spec mapping but the way it is implemented is strange.  They are not the normal transparent (unless direct sunlight is applied), they actually overlay the textures even in the shade.  If they are not very, very dark it does not look good at all.

Anyway going to persevere with this one, it's turning out to be one I am sure is going to get many miles in my sim, if Just flight get round to fixing the bugs. Which I'm sure they will do soon.

Happy Flying. 

Keep reporting any bugs that you find to support@justflight.com and we will get them fixed.

Does the JF L1011 simulate the flying tail well, or at all? When you pull back fully on the yoke, does the entire horizontal stabilizer move, not just the elevators as would on a normal jetliner?

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Hi,

Thanks JF_Rich I will post any bugs I notice of the Just Flight support page you mentioned, although I have a feeling others might have spotted them first and posted them before me.

Thanks again for your support.

Happy flying.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Does the JF L1011 simulate the flying tail well, or at all? When you pull back fully on the yoke, does the entire horizontal stabilizer move, not just the elevators as would on a normal jetliner?

I don't know if it affects the flight characteristics any or not, but it is modeled.