Sign in to follow this  
Caribpilot

Caribbean Scenery

Hi Gents,

I am looking for some really good Caribbean Scenery for FSX. Any recommendations? I am surprised no one has taken up the challenge to do a complete Caribbean scenery package. Personally, my top candidates for doing this would be Orbx or Flytampa but since that hasn't happened as yet, can anyone point me to a few good Caribbean airport sceneries?

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

The "famous" Caribbean scenery for FSX (which is truly awesome) would be FlyTampa's St. Maarten, which comes with the famous Princess Juliana intl., the famous St. Barts airport, and the famous SABA airport. All of those are credited with their insane approaches/runways/location and are truly amazingly designed and so much fun. Another great scenery by FlyTampa is the FlyTampa Grenadines, which is a collection of 6 or so islands and airports which are around 200(?) miles south of St. Maarten... I think. Payware, of course. Another GREAT payware scenery company is LatinVFR, which has multiple sceneries in the Carribbean including Trinidad, Tobago, and Jamaica to name a few. Truly amazing sceneries as well.

"Feathers shall raise men even as they do birds towards heaven :— That is by letters written with their quills."

— Leonardo da Vinci

http://www.hkspotting.com

I consider these as a must have:

FlyTamapa: St. Marteen & Grenadines (The best)

These are some other fav:

Tropicalsim: TUPJ, TIST, TAPA

Latin VFR: MDSD, TXKF

Imaginesim: TJSJ, MYNN

There are other payware sceneries, but the above should keep you busy for a while.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Taxi2Gate has many good sceneries for Caribbean too, and they are currently on sale. In my opinion they are on par with stuff from LatinVFR, I've got all their Cuba sceneries and they are awesome.

I second FlyTampa St. Martin and Grenadines, those are really awesome.

Some of the Tropical Sim and LatinVFR things do look good, too, but I don't want to comment on them, as I don't have them. But they're on sale at he moment at simmarket, so you might pick up some of them.

Tropical Sim- MDST Cibao International amazing approach flying threw the city. Great airport an Scenery around the airport.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

I would appreciate someone doing TKPK - Robert L Bradshaw Intl.

I feel like this sort of development would be straight up ORBX's alley. They specialize in Medium to small sized airports, and the landclass of the Caribbean would be sometime to behold in ORBX's quality. I live in the Caribbean and it always struck as odd why this task hasn't been undertaken yet :huh:

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

I would appreciate someone doing TKPK - Robert L Bradshaw Intl.

I feel like this sort of development would be straight up ORBX's alley. They specialize in Medium to small sized airports, and the landclass of the Caribbean would be sometime to behold in ORBX's quality. I live in the Caribbean and it always struck as odd why this task hasn't been undertaken yet :huh:

Mmm i always live in the Caribbean an i agree with you 100% why know one have done TKPK . Maybe 2013 we might get lucky Jamalje .

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz

Mmm i always live in the Caribbean an i agree with you 100% why know one have done TKPK . Maybe 2013 we might get lucky Jamalje .

I hope so Mr Leny, I hope so, -cries on your shoulder profusely.

With the advent of blooming tourism industries in each island, I hope we are recognized soon enough.

Could you imagine that American Airlines had to bring a whole two extra 737-800s to meet the supply of travelers this Christmas, just in St Kitts alone? I mean when you think about it, we are actually ahead of some American Intl airports, and that's huge considering we are just self governed tiny islands, sitting there unheard of in the talks of everyday life.

With interest from scheduled British Airlines, Air Canada, WestJet, American Airlines, Delta, U.S Airlines, even one or two United flights every other week or so. It's a wonder we are still neglected in the simming community.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

I hope so Mr Leny, I hope so, -cries on your shoulder profusely.

With the advent of blooming tourism industries in each island, I hope we are recognized soon enough.

Could you imagine that American Airlines had to bring a whole two extra 737-800s to meet the supply of travelers this Christmas, just in St Kitts alone? I mean when you think about it, we are actually ahead of some American Intl airports, and that's huge considering we are just self governed tiny islands, sitting there unheard of in the talks of everyday life.

With interest from scheduled British Airlines, Air Canada, WestJet, American Airlines, Delta, U.S Airlines, even one or two United flights every other week or so. It's a wonder we are still neglected in the simming community.

Tell me about it i live in St Thomas US Virgin island an i work at the airport . An i never in my life had to stay there so long until 3am in morning waiting on one final flight . Also this Christmas we are receiving 8 cruise ship :Shocked: . Don't worry Jamalje we are getting there every year a little more an more. It is hard to forget us when tourist visit our beautiful islands . :biggrin:

Mr Leny

If you look at freeware downloads every day on avsim and flightsim, you would notice that some guy is making freeware photoreal scenery of each of many Caribbean islands as possible as he can.

Caribbean scenery is NOT neglected. Many softwares are making lots of airport sceneries.

Payware VFR France scenery makes AMAZING Martinique and Guadalupe airports as well as two entire islands.

Tropical Sims sells lots of Caribbean airports. My particular favorite is MBPV airport and I would STRONGLY recommend buying ABC ISLANDS package too which is like buying three Dutch Caribbean airports for the price of one. This includes new version of Aruba airport.

BluePrint Simulations offers AMAZING freeware TJSJ at PAYWARE quality.

Max Kraus offers outstanding freeware Barbados airport at payware quality.

FlyTampa is of course famous for TNCM airport.

Aharon

Tell me about it i live in St Thomas US Virgin island an i work at the airport

Tropicalsim makes payware TIST airport.

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Check ou UTX Caribbean, I like it.

Me too. UTX Caribbean-Tropical Americas fixes a lot of things and makes the area look much nicer. One of the fixes is that many islands, airports and landing strips are moved to their correct geographic locations. This can create problems with other add-on scenery that fits into the stock FSX incorrect geographic locations.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.