Sign in to follow this  
Reason

Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400

Thanks...tried to clear the air regarding start up concerns

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

You're probably going to explain everything on the upcoming website for the Dash 8, but I'm curious, is the ground handling physics also done outside of FSX?

Alexis Mefano

You're probably going to explain everything on the upcoming website for the Dash 8, but I'm curious, is the ground handling physics also done outside of FSX?

Yes

Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip

Wow! Can't wait for this one!

Alexis Mefano

Guest Mik75

That all sounds very promising. Seems as if the wait for a proper turboprop simulation was finally over... (nearly)

As much as I I think the Dash 8 is a cool plane, I can only dream of this same team doing a proper King Air Simulation! Wow

Alexis Mefano

Not likely at this time.

Banner_MJC8.png

So what is wrong with the Dash 8 model that Majestic is already selling? (Yes it is a smaller plane, but anything else?).

Henri

Henri Arsenault

Nothing really, it's just graphically not even near as good as this one will be and also I don't think it has this advanced outside FSX flight model system that this one has.

Not likely at this time.

Yeah, I know! Waiting for the Dash credit card ready!

Alexis Mefano

In my opinion 20 euros upgrade fee is completely reasonable when we are talking about probably the best airliner simulation ever made for FSX.

Well I waited long enough for this one and I will NOT wait a day longer, :dance: :dance: so I will have no problem paying the "impatience fee" for the upgrade to PRO once available and even more. At least I know what I will be getting extra, going on what we got in FS9, where they also have had the same structure.

To all those "I will wait for the Pro version", I bet 95% of you guys will anyway buy this on release of pilot version. :P (just wait and see...)

The majestic dash is one of the top two developers in respect of tubes/large twins, (and we all know who the other one is). On release day you just going to drool so much, that by the end of the week most of you will anyway say, "stuff that I want this and will pay the "impatience" fee". So I really don't know why you still trying and refuse the next best thing on release date. This Pilot version is going to come visit you at night and you will ask yourself is it really worth making your life so miserable when you see all your fellow flight simmers enjoying the Pilot version.

Come on guys.... we all know better..! To those that want to riot.. U want it, get it, if not happy dont buy that. Whats easier then that. but if you dont get it, you will loose out big time..

majestic is a business who can surely set a price they think is worth their effort and it's up to the customer to take it or leave it.. One thing I do know is that a LOT of time and effort went into this plane. This is NOT just a set of pretty flying textures being quickly assembled in 3 months. :Peace:

The majestic dash is one of the top two developers in respect of tubes/large twins, (and we all know who the other one is).

Errrrr....no, who is the other one? You don't mean PMDG do you? Capt. Sim? Level D?

Henri

Henri Arsenault

To all those "I will wait for the Pro version", I bet 95% of you guys will anyway buy this on release of pilot version. :P (just wait and see...)

Sorry If I'm asking a 'noobish' question here....but....what is the difference between the Pilot/Pro Version compared to the normal (cheaper) version?

Sorry If I'm asking a 'noobish' question here....but....what is the difference between the Pilot/Pro Version compared to the normal (cheaper) version?

From their Facebook page:

PRO version will add 2D panels, Head-up guiding system, working circuit breakers, more FMS functions, scenario based failures, scripting and some abnormal procedure features like alternate gear extension.

TRAINING will add a system control application, a cockpit hardware interface (a network adaptor), panels as separate executables, even more FMS functions (like maintenance functions) and a custom flight data recorder.

Every version will be supplied with an appropriated documentation set. Pilot version docs will contain only normal operations, Pro docs - will add abnormal procedures, Training docs will be worth for preparing a type rating on a Q400.

We are still unsure wether there will be one more version for home cockpit builders or the Training will suffice.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Majestic-Software-Dash-8-Q400/249628718485404