Sign in to follow this  
Reason

Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400

Wow I never realized there were so many people interested in pulling switches and simulating failures, but to each his own.

Wow I never realized there were so many people using a flight simulator as just a toy/game. But to each his own.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Would be interested to know if it is worth owning both and also if there would be persistent state between flights like Accusim as that really adds to the immersion as opposed to getting a brand new airplane every flight.

I'm a frequent flyer for Alaska and spend a lot of time on Horizon's large fleet of these jet props (largest in the US). Is there a heads up display option? I hope so. Looking forward to some low viz approaches into Spokane, Walla Walla and Kelona in Horizon colours.

Colin

When I come home from work, I want to have a plane that has a nice VC, good flight characteristics and an easy startup procedure. I want to fly, not throw virtual switches just for the sake of it. I think this is a legitimate wish.

Best,

Bernhard

Folks,

This may not be one of the previews that you are eager to see, but there have been many questions/statements regarding having to flip a million switches before getting the aircraft to start. Well let me attempt to ease that concern for those who are interested, this has been done in several of the Alpha and Beta previews as well (some have not been correctly done - this may have a few non-standard procedures as well)

Bear in mind that the start procedure is fairly simple and straight forward, and if you don't really care to use the checklists, the start can be achieved in about 1 minute and 20 seconds. The option of FSX's default CTRL+E for engine start is not permissible.

If you have questions feel free to ask at the Facebook page.

• Upvote 1

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Nice video looks very simple to start up.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

This looks great; promises nice graphics with good depth of simulation , looking forward immensely to its release. I've enjoyed flying the ATR-72 and this Dash will be a fantastic turboprop addition to FSX, I'll be purchasing on day one for sure

Gerard Marley

Thanks for the video, its really looking great, I'm getting anxious now :wub:

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

Just a quick Question that I've got after seeing that video, I know you said that a 2D panel won't be included in the initial "pilot" version, but will 2D popups of things such as the FMGS/PFD/ND be available in that model? Or are all 2D panels reserved for the pro version?

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Rónàn, you wanted the highest end Training version, didn't you ? Everything will be in :)

Well, to reply you question, there will be pop-ups for all the EFIS screens.

• Upvote 1

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

Rónàn, you wanted the highest end Training version, didn't you ? Everything will be in :)

"Patience is a virtue, have it if you can, seldom in a woman, never in a man" - :blush:

• Upvote 2

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Rónán is going to be spoiled rotten with aircraft (he already is going off his signature :wink: )!

• Upvote 1

Rónán is going to be spoiled rotten with aircraft (he already is going off his signature :wink: )!

Not to mention I've got the real things too... :P B) ^_^

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Not to mention I've got the real things too... :P B) ^_^

I was about to edit my post and add this in but you beat me to it! :lol:

This year is looking amazing for releases. Majestic Q400, FSL A320X (hopefully), PMDG 777, PMDG 747v2 (maybe). Very exciting!

Guest Raul_Hernandez

# Start up vid on previous page....

WOW! ......... The quality looks immense, and fab to see that (just like the Majestic Q300 that I bought back in 2005), sound plays such a key part in that overall quality.... :smile:

Sounds good.

Will FMC have popup and keyboard input too?