Sign in to follow this  
Reason

Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400

That is not an issue to me. The polypropolene props totally detract from an otherwise awesome offering. I bring guests into my "flying" room to see what advanced flight simulaton looks like. I would be embarassed to have them see the props I see in the video linked above. My grandson has a (1) D-cell battery powered 6" airplane with identical prop blades, Black. Plastic. Unrealistic. But they are flexible, gentle, and do not injure the young pilot!

Thank you for your insight. Unfortunately we will not be able to please everyone. That's just the nature of the business. We do hope you enjoy the product if you plan to purchase

• Upvote 1

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

I am absolutely exited about this aircraft coming out soon and having been following the project for several years now. I have absolutely no problems shelling out $100 USD for this aircraft, even though it would be the most I've ever spent on an FS addon.

I don't understand the additonal fee for a "cross version upgrade." If I purchase the Pilot edition and then choose to upgrade to the Pro edition, I have to pay the difference and then 20 euro (~$35 USD)? If so, why? I was going to buy the pilot version then upgrade, but I can't justify this additional expense.

it looks terrific! Great to see developers bringing us more and more wonderful add ons to choose from.

Based on the music theme, will the Basic version include Christian Bale in the left seat, or is that feature for the Pro version only? :P

Hi there,

Looking forward to this product. However the pilot (cheapest) version will be released first. I want to buy the pro version. Yet will have to wait, because if I buy the pilot version and then upgrade to pro when it is released I will have to pay the difference +20 euro!!

Please explain why upgrades have an additional charge. I can see no reson for this cost. Surely if people like the pilot or pro then they will be happy to pay the difference to upgrade. You seem to be penalising anyone who wants to upgrade. I'm afraid unless this is looked at I will not be purchasing.

This pricing stratagey seems similar to a certain low cost blue and yellow liveried airline flying in europe. Seems cheap, but get stung for any changes.

Cheers

Neil

• Upvote 3

@FP..... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: dear me..

Moving on...

The only thing I would like you to consider is a lot of people like myself will buy this the day it comes out, but I would buy the PRO version if it's out then, if only the PILOT version is available on release I think it's unfair to then pay the 20e on top of the upgrade price as that version is not available on release.

Chop Chop can not wait for it :P

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I cant wait for this to be released, i mainly fly the jets but i do have a soft spot for the turbo-props :wub: and this one is a must!

Chris Howard

HGS not available in the pilot version? oh well, still worth it to buy the pro. My card is ready!

I want that HUD!!!

So Pro it is for me.

But an extra 20 Euro if you upgrade to pro... Huh! Good way to deter less well off customers me thinks.

With an extra charge to pay, those wanting the Pro will be less likely to jump on the band waggon for the pilot version, thus.... Majestic sales are lower on release day.

With no extra charge, those wanting the Pro will jump on the band waggon and buy the pilot version on release day. Thus... Majestic sales are better on release day.

Or is my logic fundamentally flawed?

• Upvote 3

I HOPE they let us buy the Pro version at day1, and let us fly the Basic version while waiting for our Pro.

Otherwise we'll have a riot

"Everything that has been shown on preview videos and screenshots concerns PILOT version. (except, one old video of the 2D panel). All exclusive features like external FDE, weather radar, 3D sound, passenger announcements, 3D props, icing etc - are included into the basic version. While a detailed description of features will be available on our product web page, here is a brief overview of differences between the versions :

PRO version will add 2D panels, Head-up guiding system, working circuit breakers, more FMS functions, scenario based failures, scripting and some abnormal procedure features like alternate gear extension.

TRAINING will add a system control application, a cockpit hardware interface (a network adaptor), panels as separate executables, even more FMS functions (like maintenance functions) and a custom flight data recorder.

Every version will be supplied with an appropriated documentation set. Pilot version docs will contain only normal operations, Pro docs - will add abnormal procedures, Training docs will be worth for preparing a type rating on a Q400.

We are still unsure wether there will be one more version for home cockpit builders or the Training will suffice."

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Rónán, unless you want type-rate for a Q400 (which I doubt it a lot!), you won't need a training version, the pro will be sufficient.

Well, if you just want to pay 150€ you are very welcome :)

• Upvote 2

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

I don't do things in halves, type rating it is... B)

And I'd be more than happy to pay the €150 if it does what is says on the tin... ^_^

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Which version has shared cockpit?

I think I will first buy the pilot version and then later upgrade to pro, that should be good enough for me then.