Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reason

Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400

And anyway Dash 8 is very modern airliner so I would think that startup procedures should be fairly simple compared to some older generation planes like Simcheck A300 not to even mention FSLabs Concorde.

As long as it's not too much more difficult than 737NGX it should be fine for me.

I sincerely hope that there is a way to just load an FSX flight plan and hit CTRL-E to start the engines, I am a little bit tired of those planes where you have to throw 30 switches before you can taxi :-)

yeah this plane wont be what you are looking for

I am excited for a Q400, I will be buying the Majestic Q400, however I wish someone would make an ATR-72-600 as well.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

+1

David Murden.  MSFS2020   DCS  

10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E  32GB DDR4 CL14 3200MHz RTX 3080  Corsair iCUE H150i Pro XT 360mm 

Corsair HX850i Platinum Plus 2x 1TB Samsung EVO Plus M.2  Phanteks Enthoo Evolo X Case  Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & TPR 

TrackIR • Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • Internet BT 75 Mbps Unlimited 

not necessarily, Majestic on their Facebook page commented back to me that it takes less than 1 minute to start the engines, and while programming the FMC yields the best results, you can fly the aircraft with using the FMC.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

I sincerely hope that there is a way to just load an FSX flight plan and hit CTRL-E to start the engines, I am a little bit tired of those planes where you have to throw 30 switches before you can taxi :-)

Are there not plenty of "dumbed down" aircraft out there?

Looking forward to this also! I can stop pretending that my J41 is a QantasLink Dash 8 :)

You might like the Coolsky DC-9. It's very detailed, yet you can switch state to any phase of flight with a single click. Although that is a jet...

Dan.W

20.jpg

I wonder how it will compare with the J41. Someone in PMDG called the J41 a 'lite' edition. (I think he might have been cranky about people talking about an sp2, though.)

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Sorry Darem,

This aircraft does require you to start it from cold and dark, however you are able to set up whatever state you desire and save it as a scenario.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MotherBoard, 32Gigs RAM, EVGA 1080Ti, 750 Corsair PSW, 1x500Gig WD Blue SSD, 1x1TB Samsung EVO 860, 1x1TB Crucial SSD, 1x2TB Samsung QVO SSD, 1x6TB SeaGate HHD:  Win OS 10 v2004
Simulators:  Prepar3D v4.5x & v5.1x/ X-Plane 11.50/ MSFS 2020:  YouTube Videos

Why is that tiring? And besides, every complicated addon has an option to save the state you want. Even the PMDG NGX you can select engines running as the default starting point.

Are there not plenty of "dumbed down" aircraft out there?

Oh c'mon, this "dumbed down" attitude is soooo lame. When I come home from work, I want to have a plane that has a nice VC, good flight characteristics and an easy startup procedure. I want to fly, not throw virtual switches just for the sake of it. I think this is a legitimate wish. And regarding the dash 8 - no, there isn't a nice one out there yet, just a freeware one with silly flight characteristics and a horrible VC.

Oh c'mon, this "dumbed down" attitude is soooo lame. When I come home from work, I want to have a plane that has a nice VC, good flight characteristics and an easy startup procedure. I want to fly, not throw virtual switches just for the sake of it. I think this is a legitimate wish. And regarding the dash 8 - no, there isn't a nice one out there yet, just a freeware one with silly flight characteristics and a horrible VC.

So then load it with the saved state. Don't demand developers dumb down addons so you can press ctrl + e to start the engines and fly.

Each to their own. For me flicking switches on the ground and getting everything all set up is an integral and natural part of the flight. The fun starts at the gate and ends at the gate.

However, I am pretty sure you can load the plane all set and running, if you want that.

Daniel Nilsson 

1095682.png

Our decision will not change regarding this. Save the state you want to use, its not difficult. Our aim is to create a simulation as close as possible to the real aircraft. The start procedure on the Dash is quite simple, if you look at some of the early videos, you will see a few of the start up procedures (its not rocket science).

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MotherBoard, 32Gigs RAM, EVGA 1080Ti, 750 Corsair PSW, 1x500Gig WD Blue SSD, 1x1TB Samsung EVO 860, 1x1TB Crucial SSD, 1x2TB Samsung QVO SSD, 1x6TB SeaGate HHD:  Win OS 10 v2004
Simulators:  Prepar3D v4.5x & v5.1x/ X-Plane 11.50/ MSFS 2020:  YouTube Videos

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

39%
    $9,950.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now