Sign in to follow this  
Reason

Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400

we should call the upgrade fee "the impatience fee" :)

Buying a ticket for several versions from the day one is a good idea but it has a serious drawback. The users who bought PRO and TRAINING will pressure us, the developpers, to accelerate the release of these versions. This WILL happen without any doubt. Now that nobody gave us a penny, the pressure is already very high. Imagine how it will be when hundreds or thousands of users having paid their money will be waiting for the new release!

I disagree completely. If we can fly the pilot version until the pro, there wont be as much pressure to release the other versions quicker.

I disagree completely. If we can fly the pilot version until the pro, there wont be as much pressure to release the other versions quicker.

I bet Captain Sim (with their experimental test system) and Black Box Simulations with their Airbus would disagree. Both got a lot of pressure to release their full final versions.
  • Upvote 1

Simeon,

Sorry, I don't have a Facebook account (nor will I) so I can't ask there. I'm hoping you can answer a question for me here if you don't mind. Can you tell me exactly what added functionality in the FMC there is in the PRO version over the PILOT version? I not worried about the Trainer version as I understand that is all maintenance related, but there could be a significant operational difference in the FMC from the PILOT to the PRO.

Thanks very much - really appreciate your help on this.

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Not going to go into "exactly" what is in different version, but the PILOT edition will have The Equal Time Point (ETP) and Point of No Return (PNR) calculations. Which are the advanced functions of the Performance management (PERF), used during the navigation in the deserted areas (oceanic navigation, deserts...) in order to verify that the aircraft has sufficient fuel to proceed to the selected destination in the normal and/or abnormal conditions.

Once the new website is live all of the info regarding the differences will be posted.

Simeon

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Darerm,

Calm down guy.....no one is treating you like an idiot. You asked a simple question with which a simple answer is given. Due to our systems and logic programming the aircraft is not designed to use the basic FSX code for simple issues as engine start (CTRL+E). This is no different in our older flagship the Q300. I have offered you the best solution to your question which is to configure the flight-deck to your liking, start the engines at the airport and or location of the airport of your choice and then save the flight (you can even make it your default flight if you choose to do so). The likelihood of us creating panel states is not in the plan, but things can change, however at this time panel states are not available.

respectfully.

Simeon

Simeon, this wasn't directed towards you in any way. Sorry if it sounded like it was.

Best,

Bernhard

Guest BeaverDriver

Thanks Simeon. Much appreciated! Have a good one :smile:

Glenn

Still wondering which versions feature the shared cockpit.

Shared Cockpit Variants:

The PRO and TRAINING Editions

Is the HUD in the VC or a 2D panel, wasn't sure from what I've found so far?

The HUD is in the VC

Thanks Simeon. Much appreciated! Have a good one :smile:

Glenn

No problem Glenn

Simeon, this wasn't directed towards you in any way. Sorry if it sounded like it was.

Best,

Bernhard

Bernhard, no problem I did not think that it was, but try not to let the guys get to you. Everyone has a lot of questions, some of which will not be addressed right away until the website comes live. But fear not to ask a question. We prefer if you have questions feel free to ask at the Facebook page (if you are a Facebook user).

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Thank you Simeon. I'll hold out for one of these variants then, and along with others wish to express my desire for a flat upgrade pricing structure so that I may enjoy the majority of the plane's features in the pilot version before upgrading to the pro or training version.

Seriously looking forward to this plane, I think moreso than even PMDG's 777.

• Upvote 1

we should call the upgrade fee "the impatience fee" :)

Buying a ticket for several versions from the day one is a good idea but it has a serious drawback. The users who bought PRO and TRAINING will pressure us, the developpers, to accelerate the release of these versions. This WILL happen without any doubt. Now that nobody gave us a penny, the pressure is already very high. Imagine how it will be when hundreds or thousands of users having paid their money will be waiting for the new release!

QualityWings is doing it successfully, we fly the Avros now and get the Bae 146 later.

I'm happy to be able to fly the Avro while I wait.

I won't be happy to wait for the pro version of Majestic if I can't fly the Pilot version in the meantime, unless it's released very quickly. But no one ever puts out a date so we will never know. I'd rather be able to pay up front and be done with it.

• Upvote 1

Agreed DanW...

A

Andrew Entwistle

Is the code of the pro version in alpha testing or is stil on a to do list, we are talking about month or year?

Wow, I never realized there were so many people interested in pulling switches and simulating failures, but to each his own. This discussion has got my attention. So except that it is a larger plane, will this (pilot edition) have features that are not available in the current 300 model?

Henri

Henri Arsenault