Sign in to follow this  
Reason

Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400

From their Facebook page:

PRO version will add 2D panels, Head-up guiding system, working circuit breakers, more FMS functions, scenario based failures, scripting and some abnormal procedure features like alternate gear extension.

TRAINING will add a system control application, a cockpit hardware interface (a network adaptor), panels as separate executables, even more FMS functions (like maintenance functions) and a custom flight data recorder.

Every version will be supplied with an appropriated documentation set. Pilot version docs will contain only normal operations, Pro docs - will add abnormal procedures, Training docs will be worth for preparing a type rating on a Q400.

We are still unsure wether there will be one more version for home cockpit builders or the Training will suffice.

https://www.facebook...249628718485404

Awesome!

Pro version it is then! B)

Guys, I wanted to post a couple of screenshots from a flight I made today with the beta version of this add-on. Hopefully it will help a bit while you're waiting to have it in your own hands. :-)

Air Berlin flight from Berlin Tegel to Gdansk, Poland.

Stepping to the cold cockpit, the windows are all misty before turning the air conditioning on. :-)

The engine blades were turning as the wind blew to them - that can't be seen in this picture, though.

Taxiing towards to the departure runway.

Airborne! The engines gives a vertical speed of plus 2500 feet.

B)

Finals to runway 29. The plane is very challenging to fly manually - so don't expect to master it right away.

Edited by firehawk44
Images removed - 3 exceeded 400KB weight limit and per the info from Crosswind in Post #161.
  • Upvote 3

Thanks for the SS, where are the Yokes?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thanks for sharing, that really looks great!

Thanks for the SS, where are the Yokes?

David,

Thank you! I forgot to mention - I disabled the yokes as they intent to block the view to the displays a bit. You can do that by clicking on the lower part of the yoke. Normally they would be visible, of course! :-)

Nice pictures. You said that the aircraft is very challenging to fly manually as in real life??

Real Deraps

Will there be a tutorial writeup we can download in a pdf file or similar walking through a normal flight from cold and dark to finish for those of us unfamiliar with the systems of this airplane?

Nice pictures. You said that the aircraft is very challenging to fly manually as in real life??

Yes, the flight dynamics match the real life very precisely. :-)

Will there be a tutorial writeup we can download in a pdf file or similar walking through a normal flight from cold and dark to finish for those of us unfamiliar with the systems of this airplane?

I will be making a tutorial flight before the release!

Guys, I wanted to post a couple of screenshots from a flight I made today with the beta version of this add-on. Hopefully it will help a bit while you're waiting to have it in your own hands. :-)

Air Berlin flight from Berlin Tegel to Gdansk, Poland.

Stepping to the cold cockpit, the windows are all misty before turning the air conditioning on. :-)

1.jpg

Forums Moderator,

I know that the posting of these images is against forum policy, which I think Aleksi (one of Beta testers) was unaware of. Please feel free to remove, and we at Majestic Software apologize for the negligent posting of a product in Beta.

Respectfully,

Simeon / Kroswynd

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Forums Moderator,

I know that the posting of these images is against forum policy, which I think Aleksi (one of Beta testers) was unaware of. Please feel free to remove, and we at Majestic Software apologize for the negligent posting of a product in Beta.

Respectfully,

Simeon / Kroswynd

Feel free to negligently post a release date. :)

Feel free to negligently post a release date. :)

In due time Trevor, in due time

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Simeon, in case you haven't done so, it would be nice if you put Aleksi's shots on another page, say like your FB profile... Thanks for keeping that public, by the way... FB is not my idea of social networking... but by keeping your page publicly viewable, I don't need to be part of that...thank you for that :)

A

Thank you! I forgot to mention - I disabled the yokes as they intent to block the view to the displays a bit. You can do that by clicking on the lower part of the yoke. Normally they would be visible, of course! :-)

wow, glad you said that, for a minute I thought that this thing is flown with a joystick like the Airbus planes...

Henri

Henri Arsenault