Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Don't Panic! (This is a planned outage...)

I hope you'll know anyone can edit that Wiki?

I hope you'll know anyone can edit that Wiki?

BTW Luke........ I hate to say it but........... I think I know the individual who put that release date on that Wiki page.

It's pretty much straight forward, just signup for Wiki and edit anything you want. You can even make yourself your own Wiki page.

BTW Luke........ I hate to say it but........... I think I know the individual who put that release date on that Wiki page.

The person that last changed it is from Cardiff, United Kingdom. So I can hope you're not trying to imply something towards myself..

So I can hope you're not trying to imply something towards myself..

lol! Why would I suspect you of doing it?

What I meant was that I personally know the person who edited the Wiki page. He told me prior of editing it as a joke(He's a member of Avsim as well). So anyone who thinks that the T7 will arrive in march....just think twice and remember that Wiki can be edited by anyone... Even Obama's Wiki page.

Bring on the T7 and take my money already!

lol! Why would I suspect you of doing it?

What I meant was that I personally know the person who edited the Wiki page. He told me prior of editing it as a joke(He's a member of Avsim as well). So anyone who thinks that the T7 will arrive in march....just think twice and remember that Wiki can be edited by anyone... Even Obama's Wiki page.

They watch that stuff prett closely too. I remember back in high school some friends and I thought it was funny to include remarks on the page of Charles Lindbergh about his alleged affiliation with a really bad dude (we would insert "Also, Charles Lindbergh was a huge ######." Randomly into the article). We learned how quickly they'll permanently ban an entire IP network...

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR

Guys, just to keep the kids cool.

This doesn't mean the 777 is close. Getting ready for 777 release could mean getting the servers ready for winter or next year. ;)

Alex

I agree,

The same happened with the ngx,

We had wait 2 years untill release of the ngx so....

We could guess all day, but we are just wasting heartbeats doing so.

Just think positive and it will be here before we know it!

Adam

Please explain, how can the 777 be released in March when it's not even in beta yet?

Usually a PMDG development looks like this:

1. Product announcement

2. Few development updates during 1 or 2 years

3. First preview pictures

4. First preview video(s)

5. Beta announced and executed (takes around 2 - 3 months)

6. release

We are barely in nr. 3...

My guess is Q4 2013. Don't keep your hopes high for next month, you are going to be bitterly disappointed. The final product is going to be outstanding, but just be patient...

Please explain, how can the 777 be released in March when it's not even in beta yet?

1. Product announcement

6. release

My guess is Q4 2013. Don't keep your hopes high for next month, you are going to be bitterly disappointed. The final product is going to be outstanding, but just be patient...

How could you possibly know if it's in beta? IIRC, Captain Robert said they weren't going to tell us when the beta started... I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that.

1. Product announcement

6. release

You must remember that PMDG is far different from your usual developers i.e Captainsim, Aerosim, Wilco pub, Level-D etc..

just because these developers announce when they're in BETA doesn't mean that PMDG has to follow the same route other developers do. From my point of view PMDG is a unique developer that strive for realism unlike others and likes to be different. They are on a different level. The release of their 777 will be like a nuke blowing up in the middle of the ocean and surprise everyone with its shock waves of anticipation, hype and eager.

You never know! It could be released tomorrow, next week or even early March.

How could you possibly know if it's in beta? IIRC, Captain Robert said they weren't going to tell us when the beta started... I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that.

They did mention something at one point about not hinting as to what stage of the development the 777 is in.

Didnt PMDG once say that their Beta is more of an "advanced" Beta? In other words, by the time they get to "Beta" testing, most of the bugs have been worked out, and only the minor issues (if found by the testers) are worked on.

How would we even know if it was in beta? The NGX had been in beta for a month and we only heard about that when ifly announced the release of their 737