Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adamski_NZ

V1/V2/Vr callouts?

Does the Dash8 do the V1/V2/Vr "rotate" call outs? It's hard to see those little tick marks when you're concentrating hard on the runway in front of you!

Adam.

Negative. That would be a good feature at some point to add.

+1!

My eyesight is quite good, but those digits are really small! Since the bird is hard to keep on the centerline anyway it would take away some pressure...

I am postponing buying this plane until the Pro version comes out, but I'm very interested in how it continues to develop, and am looking forward to getting it when the time comes.  I have no doubt that this is one of the most awesome airplanes, but not providing some basic callouts as an option sounds like a lame omission  :P !  Not all of us will be running FS2Crew or other third party crew programs, so please Majestic, add some little immersive touches like this!

Folks this is one of the main reason that I made sure that we made pop-up screens available, they are also resizable.  Regarding callouts.....this may be looked at later...no promises :D

It does seem an oddity that you have a plane that models everything but the kitchen sink and spent years in development, but something as simple as "rotate" is not included. Maybe I'm one of the few who don't use fs2crew, but when I pass V1 or Vr (in other planes, 'cause I don't have the Q400 yet) and don't hear anything from a copilot, it really seems like something is missing. It isn't about eyesight, or not being able to see the bug clearly enough and reverting to a Popup, it is a matter of expecting to hear something being said, in the standalone product.

One must remember that in real life your copilot will be calling out the necessary speeds etc...

I am postponing buying this plane until the Pro version comes out...

I'm not sure there's much reason to wait at this time. At least JustFlight have said the upgrade price will only be the cost difference between versions. So no reason not to learn the plane and start enjoying her now! I don't believe there are any critical ommisions that would give you bad habits learning from the Piilot version.

Folks this is one of the main reason that I made sure that we made pop-up screens available, they are also resizable.  Regarding callouts.....this may be looked at later...no promises :D

Great! Thanks for at least "taking it on board". I though it was me, forgetting to flip some switch or other!

Though annoying, it's not enough to put me off this aircraft - there's so much to enjoy. I have other issues with it, but I'd expect that with an add-on of such complexity. It only takes a few positive noises from the developers to turn my 99% recommendation to 100%. Get it - you won't be disappointed!

Adam.

Could I, in theory at least, write a script that would do that?

I have no doubt that this is one of the most awesome airplanes, but not providing some basic callouts as an option sounds like a lame omission :P !

It does seem an oddity that you have a plane that models everything but the kitchen sink and spent years in development, but something as simple as "rotate" is not included. Maybe I'm one of the few who don't use fs2crew, but when I pass V1 or Vr (in other planes, 'cause I don't have the Q400 yet) and don't hear anything from a copilot, it really seems like something is missing. It isn't about eyesight, or not being able to see the bug clearly enough and reverting to a Popup, it is a matter of expecting to hear something being said, in the standalone product.

My goodness you are spoiled. Here we have one of the best addons ever designed for MSFS, and you are complaining that some callouts (that are made by the FO) aren't modeled.

There are some of you in here that could be given a Ferrari, and you'd gripe about the color.

Forget callouts, work on the Pro version so we can have a real-life copilot call them out! ^_^

My goodness you are spoiled. Here we have one of the best addons ever designed for MSFS, and you are complaining that some callouts (that are made by the FO) aren't modeled.

There are some of you in here that could be given a Ferrari, and you'd gripe about the color.

Sorry you think that, but yes it matters to me.  I haven't bought this plane yet, but I can tell you that if I went to buy a Ferrari and it didn't come with something as standard as a spare tire or a jack, I would certainly raise an eyebrow in puzzlement.  Asking, pre-purchase, for the inclusion of a standard feature, common to every other good airliner for FSX, seems like one of the fundamental reasons for having a forum about it in the first place.

Forget callouts, work on the Pro version so we can have a real-life copilot call them out! ^_^

No Majestic, Please don't forget them.  Take 10 minutes to get somebody to say "Rotate" and just do it, because not all of us have a real-life copilot, or will necessarily have FS2Crew or MCE with an expensive noisecancelling microphone to get this basic immersion feature.

Sorry you think that, but yes it matters to me.  I haven't bought this plane yet, but I can tell you that if I went to buy a Ferrari and it didn't come with something as standard as a spare tire or a jack, I would certainly raise an eyebrow in puzzlement.  Asking, pre-purchase, for the inclusion of a standard feature, common to every other good airliner for FSX, seems like one of the fundamental reasons for having a forum about it in the first place.

It wouldn't be a spare tire or a jack...more like a GPS.  It isn't like Majestic forgot a propeller.  Anyways...to each their own.  I can tell you that you are sorely missing out if that is the only reason not to buy the plane.

No Majestic, Please don't forget them.  Take 10 minutes to get somebody to say "Rotate" and just do it, because not all of us have a real-life copilot, or will necessarily have FS2Crew or MCE with an expensive noisecancelling microphone to get this basic immersion feature.

As I mentioned before.......this may be looked at later...no promises :D.  You are asking for an item that does not prevent the operation of the aircraft (these items come first and foremost) - all others are determined by practicality.  This is a feature that would "give an additional level of realism", but at the same time there other issues to be addressed for those that actually alerady have the product. 

Could I, in theory at least, write a script that would do that?

Yes you can.

Thank you Sim, if I can, then I shall. IIRC scripts have to be signed for Pilot version? Should I contact you then?

I find that the callout gauges based on Doug Dawson's

work appear to function.

I have added Vspeed without any apparent

adverse effects on any of the built in systems.

if I went to buy a Ferrari and it didn't come with something as standard as a spare tire or a jack, I would certainly raise an eyebrow in puzzlement.

Err...

Actually, many top of the range Ferrari's are bereft of the basics, to save weight.

No central locking. No air con. Not even interior trim, just rough carbon fibre.

Many modern cars don't have a spare tyre either, just run flat tyres.

Peter,

Send an email to our support department.

Thanks

Will do. Thanks for the support.

Err...

Actually, many top of the range Ferrari's are bereft of the basics, to save weight.

No central locking. No air con. Not even interior trim, just rough carbon fibre.

Many modern cars don't have a spare tyre either, just run flat tyres.

The developer has spoken, the different points of view have been expressed, and we'll see what happens.  Do you really need to come in at the last moment just to be a smart aleck or did you just miss the whole point of the discussion?   Geeez.

The developer has spoken, the different points of view have been expressed, and we'll see what happens. Do you really need to come in at the last moment just to be a smart aleck or did you just miss the whole point of the discussion? Geeez.

Have a sense of humour.

We are not curing world hunger or fixing global warming. This is about discussing a mutual interest in a friendly manner.

If my emoticons were functioning in IE10, I would have given you the appropriate one. May be you would have cottoned on then.

We don't have to behave like oversensitive, prepubescent school girls.

Seriously though, there is a point. Software, as a product, is not akin to a posh car. They are entirely different consumer products. Thus your analogy is flawed. You don't get thousands of Ferrari fans on forums, pressurizing the maker to release the next Ferrari ASAP. In regard to add-on's you do!

Developers are also small teams with financial constraints. It is often "imperative" for their own survival that a new product is released as soon as possible.

The icing on the cake, in terms of your V speed callouts and other less important features, are often left to a later update. This is common practice and we as flight sim fans should be very, very, used to this and, importantly, cognizant of why it is done. I have numerous add-on's with no callouts, not even after updates.

It's not new!

Don't mind if you want to debate this in a friendly way. If not, if no sense of humour, patience, tolerance, I'm not interested.

The view out the back window of a 358 Italia is crap, just sayin'. No, I don't have one, shucks. :D

All said in mild jest, no criticisms intended. Otherwise, it's a beautiful-looking and -sounding car.

martin-w, you're trying to convince me that my point of view is "wrong", when in fact, it is nothing more than a very reasonable, easy to do, feature request, and the developer has already kindly, and very respectfully, responded to my current satisfaction. Amazing how some of you guys, whose opinions were not solicited in the first place, throw around terms like "spoiled brat" and "oversensitized, prepubescent girls" and then act amazed and shocked that somebody could possibly find your words patronizing.   If you don't think it is important, that is ok by me, and I'm glad that you enjoy your new, Pilots-version, airplane without further critique or input.  I didn't start this thread (someone who owns the product did), nor did I create the strawman of a Ferrari. I will buy the Q400 when and if it meets my requirements, but at this early stage, it does not. I already have several addon airplanes of comparable complexity that do satisfy my needs and wants, currently, so there is no rush for me. Thanks for your point of view, I'll file it away in case I need it for future reference, however, I should note, that it is not a high probability.