Sign in to follow this  
ilhan kesmez

AXE v 1.1 out

Yes, I believe there is a sound update included.  I'm downloading now and look forward to giving it a go :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Handled the SID manually silky smooth. Then when i turned the AP on, it just followed the path smoothly once again with no abrupt turns, nothing. First impressions are definitely positive. Now approaching the crucial point in the ocean where it used to drift away to neverland :)

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I think also the flight dynamics and behavior of control surfaces seems to be vastly improved too. 

When I get my 757 back from Africa I will start doing some more flights with this bird again. 

Descending on my second flight (first one has proven the oceanic drift is fixed) and i can notice it's struggling to maintain the "green dot" where it belongs even with strong 54KTS tailwind. Very very very good, this is a far cry from the initial release and exactly what i was expecting it to be back then. The top of descent is calculated properly this time around.

Now i know i can trust it if i ever need it. Good job, very good indeed.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

The only problem I had for now is that it can not handle simulation rates. For long flights it is a must

Allso after landing I didn't hear the reverse thrust

Long flights? It's a small single aisle Airbus. There's no reason to touch the simulation rate key. I've unassigned it every version of flight sim for over a decade.

No point simulating long haul if going to use simulation rates.

I'll look forward to trying this version :D

When I install this..Do I have to reinstall all my liveries all over again?

Yes Manny.

Make sure you completely remove old version. Some users ran into problems because they did not completely remove the bus from there system. Check all folders are gone in FSX, my documents and %APP% folders.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Have they changed the lower ECAM fuel readout to LBS,and can you use the tiller to steer?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Descending on my second flight (first one has proven the oceanic drift is fixed) and i can notice it's struggling to maintain the "green dot" where it belongs even with strong 54KTS tailwind. Very very very good, this is a far cry from the initial release and exactly what i was expecting it to be back then. The top of descent is calculated properly this time around.Now i know i can trust it if i ever need it. Good job, very good indeed.

You shouldn't normally be descending at Green Dot, it should be either your managed ECON speed or a selected speed. You fly green dot once you are ready to activate the approach phase.

Rob Prest

Well my first flight with this version didn't go well. After takeoff I proceeded with vectors from ATC (PFE) when cleared to resume normal navigation, I switched to LNAV, and the plane turned in the opposite direction, from the first waypoint. I'll try again later today.

Second attempt (Same flightplan) went much better, I don't know what happened the first time. Flight controls seems better, banking isn't as abrupt when LNAV is engaged. and the most important fix (atleast for me) is reversers and auto-braking, now appears to work correctly.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Descending on my second flight (first one has proven the oceanic drift is fixed) and i can notice it's struggling to maintain the "green dot" where it belongs even with strong 54KTS tailwind. Very very very good, this is a far cry from the initial release and exactly what i was expecting it to be back then. The top of descent is calculated properly this time around.Now i know i can trust it if i ever need it. Good job, very good indeed.

You shouldn't normally be descending at Green Dot, it should be either your managed ECON speed or a selected speed. You fly green dot once you are ready to activate the approach phase.

I think he meant vdev green dot.

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png

Long flights? It's a small single aisle Airbus. There's no reason to touch the simulation rate key. I've unassigned it every version of flight sim for over a decade.

A320s fly up to 6 hour routes everyday in the real world--I don't often have the luxury of that much free time, so without the ability to speed up the cruise phase of flight I can't fly those routes. Which isn't the end of the world, but to act as though there's no drawback to not being able to speed up the sim rate is silly. Maybe you only like to fly short routes with no time compression and/or have nothing but free time to watch instruments during a 5-hour cruise segment but not everyone does.

I got my fingers very very crossed... This has to be good now or i'll just give up on it.

First flight will be into Tegucigalpa ;)

I got my fingers very very crossed... This has to be good now or i'll just give up on it.

First flight will be into Tegucigalpa ;)

That airport is too easy try something more challenging. :lol:

I'll try to test it tonight :-)

Great news...

I have reverted to FSX Gold (because of incompatibility of Prepar3d with Cumulusx!) and didn't install the AXE to wait for this update. Really looking fwd to test it :-)

I too will need to see if managed VNAV is fixed.  It was really bad.

J.C.  you are going back to FSX?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020