Sign in to follow this  
ilhan kesmez

AXE v 1.1 out

Instead of the usual pink circle, the newer buses have the green dot.

That is very interesting, so it works exactly the same as the standard VDEV magenta circle?

Cheers

Edit - checked above posts

Rob Prest

Doesn't EIS2 go right back to the A320-214? This sounds like some kind of new software update.

Rob Prest

Absolutely love this plane, the sterling efforts of the devs and support staff etc, but I still find it annoying to hand fly.  Its definitely smoother in the pitch with the new update but the roll rate is still frustratingly slow.  I've no idea how a real Airbus handles of course, but it still feels off to me.  A certain competitor may have got it more right, perhaps?

All the same, one of my top five aircraft to fly, at the moment or ever.  

Cheers

Richard Wells

Is anyone else have an issue with the RAAS module and the new version 1.10?

Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a thirt-party program (Add-0n)

DLL ERROR.

I've never seen this error before with the Airbus X Extended. If anyone has a fix please let me know.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Absolutely love this plane, the sterling efforts of the devs and support staff etc, but I still find it annoying to hand fly.  Its definitely smoother in the pitch with the new update but the roll rate is still frustratingly slow.  I've no idea how a real Airbus handles of course, but it still feels off to me.  A certain competitor may have got it more right, perhaps?

All the same, one of my top five aircraft to fly, at the moment or ever.  

Cheers

I've got 5 or 6 cockpit DVDs that feature the A319, A320 and A321, and in manual flying, (especially at low speeds and high angles of attack, like on approach), there is some serious sidestick deflection going on.

That makes me summise that the AXE is just about spot on now, from the hand flying / FBW perspective.

I just flew a manual visual approach into the new Skiathos scenery, and the AXE handled just divine!

Love it ........ v1.1 is a big step up IMHO .......... AXE and MJC Q400 are now my joint all time favourites.

I too will need to see if managed VNAV is fixed. It was really bad.

J.C. you are going back to FSX?

Well, I was, until yesterday I got my first CTD when programming the AXE MCDU :-/ In an instant (I'm this fast at installing / uninstalling sims...) I wipped FSX Gold from my disk (again). I never had a CTD with LM prepar3d !

Tonight I'll re-install LM P3d... I will have to stay away from using CumulusX! though, but heck! I'll have this great Airbus to play with :-), and the PMDG 737 NGX also works great!

Glad to hear your coming back! Lol

I've gotten over the no CumulusX thing too, well until you reminded me but p3d is my new baby

I'm making up for the lost time. This guy's a treat to fly now, complying with everything i ask it to do and hand flies great. Well worth the last wait, now bring on the A318s :P

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Is anyone else have an issue with the RAAS module and the new version 1.10?

Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a thirt-party program (Add-0n)

DLL ERROR.

I've never seen this error before with the Airbus X Extended. If anyone has a fix please let me know.

Jose

Hi Jose,

I was getting that same RAAS error with the LvlD 767 installed, removed the Lvld and all good. With the latest addons, the Lvld does not play nice with other addons in the DLL.xml.

You need to check your dll.xml for errors, and if you do have the 767, remove it and see what happens.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I've got 5 or 6 cockpit DVDs that feature the A319, A320 and A321, and in manual flying, (especially at low speeds and high angles of attack, like on approach), there is some serious sidestick deflection going on.

That makes me summise that the AXE is just about spot on now, from the hand flying / FBW perspective.

I just flew a manual visual approach into the new Skiathos scenery, and the AXE handled just divine!

Love it ........ v1.1 is a big step up IMHO .......... AXE and MJC Q400 are now my joint all time favourites.

This is interesting, because I pretty much chime with your thoughts on the AXE from previous posts, indeed this one in some cases.  Its an excellent simulation, the immersion is there, that alchemical quality that makes an addon...near perfect is there with this one...except..roll.  And I have umpteen World Air Routes DVDs also and I can cite minimal handling on takeoff and approach equally.  Why would Airbus program a FBW aircraft to handle heavily?  They didn't, the idea is minimal input.

I have a brand new X52 Pro stick here, and I am rolling well beyond the same limits I do with the MD-11, NGX etc.  It's excessive movement on the roll for me.  I've seen the side-stick videos etc, but the other competitor has got it right in this case I think.  Maximum sensitivity, no null zone in all cases.

Its still eminently flyable, but I am making mayonnaise on even the calmest of approaches with the roll rate as it is.

Its still a fantastic add-on though, even if the logic isn't complete (I think).

Richard Wells

...except..roll.  And I have umpteen World Air Routes DVDs also and I can cite minimal handling on takeoff and approach equally.  Why would Airbus program a FBW aircraft to handle heavily?  They didn't, the idea is minimal input.

I have a brand new X52 Pro stick here, and I am rolling well beyond the same limits I do with the MD-11, NGX etc.  It's excessive movement on the roll for me.  I've seen the side-stick videos etc, but the other competitor has got it right in this case I think.  Maximum sensitivity, no null zone in all cases.

Thank you! I was beginning to think I'm doing something wrong, this is my only major issue with the AXE, hand flying on approach is rendered extremely unrealistic for me because of the very weak and vague roll rate controls, I hope it's fixed now.

A320s fly up to 6 hour routes everyday in the real world--I don't often have the luxury of that much free time, so without the ability to speed up the cruise phase of flight I can't fly those routes. Which isn't the end of the world, but to act as though there's no drawback to not being able to speed up the sim rate is silly. Maybe you only like to fly short routes with no time compression and/or have nothing but free time to watch instruments during a 5-hour cruise segment but not everyone does.

So don't fly the routes that take 6 hours. It's not that difficult.

Guys,

Let me line up your expectation for the FBW. 

A FBW Needs to be tuned well for pilot ergonomics BUT, its a PID Controller used on the real thing as well. The aim for FBW is smoothness and stability NOT instantaneous response.

I have my own panel of real world pilots to judge the realism of the FBW, and of course they were fine with it, otherwise I would have tweaked it.

Doesn't EIS2 go right back to the A320-214? This sounds like some kind of new software update.

Do you happen to know which Airbus Standard revision this was introduced? Certainly earlier versions of EIS2 had magenta VDEV "donut".

IIRC, somewhere in 2005 when the DMC software is updated.

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png