Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

New post from Steve on his WordPress site...

Fly Tampa scenery will not work in DX10 fix or not, only works in day time, few others from other developers will not either, if this is not correct please let me know.

Rich Sennett

Almost all other sceneries will work, Richard, and it's likely that all of FT will work - certainly St. Maartens does - I've tested it a long time ago and published pics, but as long as their attitude is 180 degrees from that of FSDT, et al, I won't be buying..

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Anybody know if this will fix the nav, strobe and beacon lights on some planes?  This is the only thing preventing me from using DX10.  On most of the aircrafts (including default), the nav and strobe lights only appear from certain camera angles.

Yup, if you scroll down to the bottom of his post here, the fixer is intended to fix the nav and strobe lights as well: http://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/2013/06/21/dx10-scenery-fixer/

Paul hope all is well, Get FT KBOS to work I'm in can you test that if you have it, thanks.

Rich Sennett

Paul, I understand you have been doing a lot of testing with Steve P on his soon to be released Product. Last year when I first started on AVSIM I was working with Steve on the Nav Light issues. One issue which was left is; if nav lights are not visiable from the cockpit view, BUT are visiable in all exterior views, THEN that means lights are controlled in the model NOT in the aircraft.cfg. Am I correct in assuming that Steve's Product will NOT be able to address this issue. The problem occurred on the default King Air with Friendly Panels installed in DX10. Thanks

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

So even with Steve upcoming fix, FT stuff will still have issues?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

"FT stuff will still have issues? "

I believe so because the dx10 fix is not to fix developers scenery it fixes the basic function of a stock fsx pretty much but someone needs to confirm this, before they sell it they should let people know what to expect.

Rich Sennett

i have fiddled about with the shader foldlers and tried DX10 preview mode in the past and again recently. I have once again returned to DX9.. It always comes back to anti-aliasing for me. Various entries to the config file and various settings in NvidiaInspector , while they help, they don't remove the shimmering and jaggies enough for me to consider a wholesale move across

If the above are true then Steve must make a developer (or scenery) catalogue that can't be fixed. 

If the above are true then Steve must make a developer (or scenery) catalogue that can't be fixed. 

Must !!??  Do you really mean that Steve by releasing his software is responsible to Which add-ons YOU installed in FSX ?

I will just be glad to use FSX in DX10 with most issues fixed, the most important benefit for me is no more OOM, if say, 5 % of my add-ons do not work properly, I will gladly stop using them...

Alain from Montreal

I have once again returned to DX9.. It always comes back to anti-aliasing for me. Various entries to the config file and various settings in NvidiaInspector , while they help, they don't remove the shimmering and jaggies enough for me to consider a wholesale move across

No shimmering or jaggies for me in DX10, I made a quick video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laG5VpFYcpk - no post production modification either - just raw and compressed for YouTube.

My FSX.CFG settings:

Mode=2560x1600x32
AntiAlias=1
Anisotropic=1

MultiSampleQuality=4
MultiSamplesPerPixel=16

NVidia Inspector:

I use these: http://www.robainscough.com/images/056a6299317d9f42bc6d2ff0dd06e115.jpg

??????

I will guarantee that Steve is not about to create a "catalogue", folks. There is a thread at the top of this forum that was intended as a list of airports/scenerys that are non-compliant with the existing patch - but remember - the patch is not the DX10 Fixer application which is now in its final stages of development. It does fix everything - every airport - that I've tested it against.

I have no desire to go back to a DX9, with it's much poorer textures, it's unrealistic water - even with Shader v3.0 and Bojote's suggestions - DX9 water is not as breathtaking as DX10 water: FlightSimmers have complained about DX9 shimmering and jaggies since forever. Maybe we should accept OOM's as "normal", too, huh? I don't think so.

AA? Shimmering? AA progression with different settings here, ground shadows here, cockpit shadows here, Odd PNW here. No shimmering & no jaggies.

Fiddle with? It takes a bunch of things coming together - and work and lots of patience, too, to configure, setup and run FSX as one would like: it demands high-end hardware, and it demands a working knowledge of the pc, the operating system and how to optimize the whole kit and kaboodle. It's never been the case of running it like a normal game, Far Cry, Battlefield or Call of Duty, whether DX9 or DX10.

I run a 2600K at 5-gig - not 4.3 or 4.5 - on "proper" water, with the best GPU I can buy, and with some pretty good memory. It's all priorities - it hasn't been easy for an old guy, and it certainly hasn't been cheap - but do I have that "As real as it gets" experience every time I lift off. Aviation - flying, working as an avionics guy, simulation, R/C - it's been my hobby since I was five years old and I'm now sixty-eight.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Ha old man! :P

Well it's great to see someone at your age (I certainly don't mean old, that is subjective) still passionate about his hobby, and willing to learn and use the latest technology.

By the way Paul, somebody asked -either on AVSim or on the FTX forums- if the FTX Global patch was delaying the DX10 Fixer.

Because a couple of days ago Steve said a release was very close/imminent and now the fix for the Global 3D lights is going to take a minimum of 4 weeks. So I really couldn't tell him anything.

Do you know if it will come in one package of will they be released separately (Shader patch 3.2.3 with FTX fix +  DX10 Fixer)?

Maybe it has been said already somewhere, but with all these forums I'm reading, my memory could be letting me down :Hypnotized:

I believe that the Shader Patch will be updated, Mark, such that the lights/black squares issue is gone, (to satisfy the Orbx) but the piece that won't be in it, is the "grey box" scenery part.

So Patch v3.2.3, (or even 3.3). 

The scenery fixer is the biggee, as it has to address a considerable array of airports (and aircraft) that are not DX10 compatible, and so it will be introduced as the major part of the application, with the individual DX10 "repairs" included.

As an aside - there are already a number of extra betas because of the lights fix impacting other parts of the scenery (in my case - the PNW airports).

ATB 

I do not post often as I use to, but I must say Paul J. you really impress me as one top notch guy. You keep the excitement going in a positive refreshing way. With regards to FSX. For that I Thank You!