Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

Finally! DC-8 For FSX!

I love how 3D the VC is. If the AH is 2D in a model, forget it, it drives me cracked! Just Flight have done a great job with the modelling. 

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Looks great!

I'm a bit concerned about people reporting the aircraft pitching up on take-off at 25kts though..

If they've got the flight dynamics wrong on this it's a deal-breaker for me for sure.

EDIT: Correction. The pitch up issue was on landing not take-off. Sorry!

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Looks a bit too clean to me, Justflight has a habbit on making them too sterile.

The CS707 for example has way more athmosphere in the VC.

Hopefully some artist can retexture it a bit.

Usually when a video  features heavily on the exterior there's a reason.Those vids don't usually show much of the VC and if they do they show you stuff from far away so you can't judge much. 

Looks at this gorgeous detail abacus style.

nxkh.jpg

Looks great!

I'm a bit concerned about people reporting the aircraft pitching up on take-off at 25kts though..

If they've got the flight dynamics wrong on this it's a deal-breaker for me for sure.

+1. Something that basic shouldn't be overlooked. If that's the case, one could induce there might be many other flight dynamic inaccuracies. Does JF offer a 30-day trial, or is that Flight One?

Looks great!

Here it happens when you land the plane. You basically  hit the brakes and when the plane  slows down to say 25 kts , you pull the yoke back and the nose goes up and up and up till the plane sits on its tail.

Looks great!

Not sure about takeoff because i would never think to try to rotate the bird at 25kts but my experience was that I was able to hold the nose off the runway after touchdown and ride the mains down to 25kts when the nose finally started to come down.

Stall behavior- I'd like to see it done similarly to what Captain Sim did with their 757.

If you want a thrill go play around the stall speed regime with a CS 757 which I feel they've accurately portrayed aircraft behavior and needed control inputs. Great fun!

Well based on my testing if you pull up at 50 knots or so the nose will rise, however you won't get off the ground until the speed is 100+ even with no payload other than fuel. 

As long as you don't do useless stuff like trying to pull up at such a low speed I think the flight dynamics are more or less fine. Sure you can get even PMDG stuff with great FD to do ridiculous things if you go beyond normal flight operations.  

Usually when a video  features heavily on the exterior there's a reason.Those vids don't usually show much of the VC and if they do they show you stuff from far away so you can't judge much. 

Looks at this gorgeous detail abacus style.

nxkh.jpg

That looks FS2004 to me. The gray textures miss a lot af sharpness. Pitty, could be awesome.. could be.

Roll behavior is good and solid in all other flight regimes and another plus is it doesn't have the huge pitch balloon effect when you drop flaps like so many high end birds have.

They got the FDE right is most areas, just a bit of work needed on the slow speed stuff and it'll be good to go.

I might have to try my hand at making an FDE for this bird..

Well based on my testing if you pull up at 50 knots or so the nose will rise, however you won't get off the ground until the speed is 100+ even with no payload other than fuel. 

As long as you don't do useless stuff like trying to pull up at such a low speed I think the flight dynamics are more or less fine. Sure you can get even PMDG stuff with great FD to do ridiculous things if you go beyond normal flight operations.  

Its not about doing useless stuff, but that illustrates major flaws in the flight model coding.

Liftcurve seems to be way off, but again its not easy to get it perfect, but should be about right.

Here it happens when you land the plane. You basically  hit the brakes and when the plane  slows down to say 25 kts , you pull the yoke back and the nose goes up and up and up till the plane sits on its tail.

Sounds like some incorrect CoG values in the Aircraft.cfg.

They should be able to fix that up pretty easily.

Sounds like some incorrect CoG values in the Aircraft.cfg.

They should be able to fix that up pretty easily.

Even if they did .for me that VC is really too much too look at.I mean the exterior looks nice  but I sit in my vc most of the time and I honestly could not  justify paying even 2 quid for that VC. Of course  this is my opinion and other  folks will prob think  differently.

I flew the HJG DC-8s to death in FS9, some of my favourite aircraft in that sim. It's a real shame the Paul Golding/Dreamfleet DC-8 never saw the light of day.

I agree :( , but I'm now wondering what I might do with all those cockpit photos, now that there's a decent model for them to be put on B)

Cheers

Paul Golding