Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

Finally! DC-8 For FSX!

I still can't change a Comm or VOR frequency with the knob. I get the hand when moused over, the fist when I click but nothing moves or changes. Main batteries and internal battery is on ( up position). Am I missing something? Also, with the Volt/ Frequency knob not rotating, the tutorial clearly states  "Rotate the VOLT & FREQ knob to verify that the battery is supplying voltage." And then a pic of it is shown. Look at pg. 36 of the manual.

Aside from that, I'm starting to think I hit the "buy" button to fast on this one, for all the reasons mentioned above.

man oh man, this is getting a bit dicey.  Here I was already to buy this plane, but now second thought about hearing all the criticism, on EPR, and stuttering, frames fluctuating, I might just have to hold back.

Of course with any new release we are going to here some criticsm, comes with the territory, but when I hear stuttering and frames fluctuationg that does scare me off.  All these years flying fsx, and finally in the last year have the smoothness of the sim, including with recent purchases of PMDG T7, and Realair Duke.

The opportunity and the market for this hobby is definitely for a decent dc-8. hope this thread turns positive.

I still can't change a Comm or VOR frequency with the knob. I get the hand when moused over, the fist when I click but nothing moves or changes. Main batteries and internal battery is on ( up position). Am I missing something? Also, with the Volt/ Frequency knob not rotating, the tutorial clearly states  "Rotate the VOLT & FREQ knob to verify that the battery is supplying voltage." And then a pic of it is shown. Look at pg. 36 of the manual.

Aside from that, I'm starting to think I hit the "buy" button to fast on this one, for all the reasons mentioned above.

Can I suggest you get in touch with our tech support team and see if they can help you out, Brian?

Yeah, I get the obvious. My point was that it's a shame that AH were the design house tasked with this as this is very much their standard offering. Since it's the only FSX-specific DC-8 and that in itself is such a rarity, it's seems such a missed opportunity.  

Andy

Andy, please claim your refund from us if you're not happy.

Don't agree that it's AH's standard offering, we think they've done a great job and I think many other people would agree. Lots of people really enjoying this one but of course you're entitled to your opinion.  If you're struggling with any specific why not get in touch with our support team and see if they can help you out?

Is there an option to return this product and get money refund ?

Yes, if you're not happy get in touch with our support team and request your refund.

man oh man, this is getting a bit dicey.  Here I was already to buy this plane, but now second thought about hearing all the criticism, on EPR, and stuttering, frames fluctuating, I might just have to hold back.

Of course with any new release we are going to here some criticsm, comes with the territory, but when I hear stuttering and frames fluctuationg that does scare me off.  All these years flying fsx, and finally in the last year have the smoothness of the sim, including with recent purchases of PMDG T7, and Realair Duke.

The opportunity and the market for this hobby is definitely for a decent dc-8. hope this thread turns positive.

Hi there

Remember if you purchase and then you're not happy you can claim your refund from us.

Product has been on sale for three days and we've had only a handful of customers asking about stuttering and fluctuating frames and in most cases the problem has been solved fairly easily.

Entirely your call of course though.

Brian, try the mouse wheel. This product has no consistency with knobs; +/-, drag, mousewheel ..... all work, in different places. I have certainly been tuning both navs with the mousewheel.

Cheers

Paul Golding

Yep, I've been using mouse wheel and no problems either.

want to like this product, and even the EPR I could live with, but getting a stuttery experience from a plane of this type is just not acceptable to me personally.     It's not 'low frames' per se, it's something causing a nasty drop every second or so (and I'd bet it's ATI users seeing it).

Paul- thanks. Yes it was the mouse wheel that got the COMM and VOR's moving. You're right, it is all over the board. Glad I got that solved.

And thanks Scott. I did contact support prior to your note. I'm still getting no movement on the VOLT/FREQUENCY knob. Your manual states otherwise. (page 36)

I'm very much suffering from FPS depletion and stuttering though. Moving around KSEA with 50% traffic, autogen to dense and some weather, I'm in the low teens and very choppy. Immediately switching to the Coolsky DC-9 (which used to be my biggest resource consumer), and doing the same exercise under the same conditions, I'm in the low 20's with no stuttering. Something is definitely up here.
Approaching KSEA, I'm down 10 FPS on the DC-8 compared with the DC-9 , same conditions and approach for both. Not good. Everyone's system is different of course. Mine certain doesn't like this plane.

Another thing must be fixed in the future patch is the inclusion of the Cubana livery in the aircraft.cfg file, not a big deal but could be people that don't know how to modify aircraft.cfg files.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Alexander Colka

Wow, this plane has a lot of serious problems.

After one day of testing i can make a list of things which are compulsory items for service pack, to mention a few:

1. FDE - i do not believe that real plane behave like that

- try to make stall - not possible

- u can take off regardless of trim setting

- easily u can take off with plane 12878 pounds over gross weight

- DC8 with power back ? - yes she can even just with 2 engines started ...

2. autopilot and autothrottle - sometimes working sometimes not, usually autopilot does not work

3. smoke is coming from engine even when engine is not started

4. pressurization system is fake

5. can operate plane normally even without switching battery on

6. already pointed - many knobs do not operate, even manual says they operate

I am absolutely sure that list is longer, only i gave up.

It's a pity that such interesting project was done so ... CS style

Artur 

Its so strange, I wonder why the outside textures takes so long to load, (even the VC sometimes) I mean its not an high end aircraft, we all know that by now. even PMDG and other much more demanding aircrafts regarding texture loading time is faster... (I have Nvidia GTX550Ti card) Is there a tweak for this or maybe I have to wait for a servicepack/SP... like Dave said, I WANT to like this brid... but right now, I dont know.

I have been tweaking with Nvidia insp. and FSX cfg to get some preformance increase in texture loading, but so far no sucsess, and I fly from default ESSA with no ground movemnt cars, sparase default AI and UTX Europe, REX OD FTX Global... It SHOULD not be a problem get this bird to load faster, PMDG is faster, Milviz 737 is faster Flight1 B200 is faster, everthing else I have is faster...

Please JF fix this ASAP (and some other stuff aslo...) regarding this flying ledgend.

...Oh how I wish she could bring me that feeling You get when You first load up a newley bought aircraft... And You just go like WOW, this is it!!!

Best Regards

Per

Did anyone else experience extremely slow download speeds? I've been sitting here a few hours only getting around 15-20K/sec with an estimated 8 hours left to finish! Ouch! Im eagerly waiting to fly this bird but it's looking like it won't happen today.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Did anyone else experience extremely slow download speeds? I've been sitting here a few hours only getting around 15-20K/sec with an estimated 8 hours left to finish! Ouch! Im eagerly waiting to fly this bird but it's looking like it won't happen today.

Hi there

Everything seems ok at this end. Has the download speed improved? Something's not right if it's suggesting 8 hours left to download.

No nothing has improved. It is very weird. Any other downloads I do at this moment for example a livery or any miscelanous files from other sites seem to work just fine and a speed test shows my download speeds running at their levels they should be. I have tried other web browsers other than Firefox that I am currently using and get the same results of an average of 15kb/sec from your server. Seems to be just an isolated issue between myself and JustFlight. I suppose it gets done when it gets done.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Ummm, I wish they'd came out with the "Vintage Convair Jetliner" 880 , instead of the DC-8.

Just my preference of course.  

this is not the DC-8 below, but the Convair 880, from HJG group, tho they look somewhat similar.

I repainted in the ELVIS theme !

Thank Ya, Thank Ya, vurry Much !

fsx2013-03-0402-52-19-08_zps3d1fdd9b.jpg

61c1a66e-74de-4cde-ac70-108c6ff1aaaa_zps

I've been sitting here a few hours only getting around 15-20K/sec with an estimated 8 hours left to finish!

I had that same issue on Friday. The first download was normal 30 min. Thought I had a corrupted installer and went to try again. That's when I got the 8 hr. notice with 15-20k/sec. Ended up using the first installer once more as there was nothing wrong with it.