Sign in to follow this  
Kattz

A proposal for PMDG, in case they're not doing it already!

You're right, Kyle, it's not a true EFB, which would cost too much for anyone to afford just for simming.  But the EFB program I have (it calls itself an EFB) falls on it's face often.  I think you know what I'm looking for, I just didn't know it was called that.

BTW, I can probably put a tubeliner on the ground, but everyone that survives will be very unhappy... :blink:

Kev

But the EFB program I have (it calls itself an EFB) falls on it's face often.  I think you know what I'm looking for, I just didn't know it was called that.

It probably falls on its face because of its identity crisis.

blog67.jpeg

...but I can see what you're looking for.

Kyle Rodgers

pilot.jpg

I ONLY KIND OF UNDERSTAND WHAT EFBs ARE AND DO, BUT I WANT ONE!!!

:lol:

Anyways, an EFB in PMDG quailty would be nice, but I would actually prefer the setup I have now and that I love so insanely much:

Ipad with FS Kneeboard 2 (INGENIOUS!) stacked on a Logitech dock that holds it upright like an EFB

FSX PDF Kneeboard (where I`ll get my checklists up)

And with PMDGs aircrafts (since NGX), we get a loader in the FMC and thats all i need. I shure would love a topcat-product for Ipads, but ill just do TO-calcs manually until then.

But seriously, if you have an Ipad or a tablet, FS Kneeboard 2 is a must have!

Yngve Giljebrekke
ENZV NSB

I still don't see what PMDG could actually do when it comes to making an EFB.  As pointed out charts would be too expensive.  Download your charts before your flight, put them on your iPad and voilà, you've got an EFB.  Who actually wants one modelled into the aircraft?  No-one I don't think - it would be useless.  An iPad, laptop or other monitor would serve the purpose of everything an EFB would do.  All they are is replacement for stuff that was on paper before, with the addition of perhaps doing performance calcs, but a lot of airlines here in Oz I am fairly sure still use a laptop for takeoff perf calcs and use the iPad for charts.

Cheers,

Rudy

Once PFPX is released, I need no more for flight planning tools. I don't see a need for things like AviaSoft EFB etc now. I have TopCat which is fine for performance - even then, I don't always use it because the NGX always produces near enough the same speeds. It's just good to get a flap settings & derate if past experience doesn't help. Then I have my iPad which has all my weather/charts and terminal/enroute charts - soon it will hold my Operational Flight Plans too. If PMDG could go through with the EFB one day then great- in the meantime, not a necessity for flight simulation in my eyes.

What about what the people who did the EFB for the Majestic Q400 did, I wonder if that sort of idea could be built upon. I mean there's I'd web based which isn't great, but works well on tablets. I'm just wondering if that underlying idea could work.

If you don't know what I'm talking about I don't have the time to explain it or find a link sorry

Luke I agree with what you said above, not a bug deal for me but for the T7 operators who have the EFB the performance tool would be neat, which is what the company (I forget their name ) did for the MJC Q400, and that's free

Lee, as far as I know they will try to make a 777 profile for their calculator.

Once PFPX is released, I need no more for flight planning tools. I don't see a need for things like AviaSoft EFB etc now. I have TopCat which is fine for performance - even then, I don't always use it because the NGX always produces near enough the same speeds. It's just good to get a flap settings & derate if past experience doesn't help. Then I have my iPad which has all my weather/charts and terminal/enroute charts - soon it will hold my Operational Flight Plans too. If PMDG could go through with the EFB one day then great- in the meantime, not a necessity for flight simulation in my eyes.

Agreed!

I already use Aviasoft EFB on my ipad plus PDFPen for charts.

pilot.jpg

I ONLY KIND OF UNDERSTAND WHAT EFBs ARE AND DO, BUT I WANT ONE!!!

LOL...good one Kyle.

Kev,

While the idea of a fully functional and external EFB is good in theory. PMDG has a knack for an unprecedented level of realism in all of their products. The problems involved with a fully functional EFB (mainly licensing data from my understanding) is the main reason it won't be included in the T7. (Also not standard on all T7)

I'm sure someone can either quote or post a link to the previous PMDG remarks about the limitations of an accurately modeled EFB.

Happy Flying,

Nathan

XP10 777 and Captain Sim 777 have an EFB.

XP10 777 and Captain Sim 777 have an EFB.

I thought the CS 777 had a document viewer in the shape of an EFB?