Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

Question for the Beta´s: How much passengers can the PMDG 777LR carry?

Kyle, or any other beta tester, may I repeat my 2 questions:

1) Even though the number of maximum pax is quite low, I assume we can still fill up the aircraft all the way up to its Maximum Zero Fuel Weight with freight, right?

The 777 I am familiar with have:

MZFM 195.044 KG (430000 lbs)

MTOM 294.835 KG (650000 lbs)

or

MZFM 199.580 KG (440000 lbs)

2) I see 768.000lbs as max TO weight in your FMC!

Thats a lot!

Is this with 90.000lbs engines or 110.000?

thx.

Rob Robson

Sounds like 777-200ER. The PMDG one is the 777-200LR

thus

I see 768.000lbs as max TO weight in your FMC!
Thats a lot!
Is this with 90.000lbs engines or 110.000?

It is a lot, it is correct, and it is with GE90-110Bs. The ER has 90ish kilopounds.

Incorrect way of averaging for this context - I just did a weighted average calculation (which takes into account how many actual airplanes of each configuration exist in service) and it comes out to pretty much exactly 270, which seems to be much more in line with what I'd expect. 300+ in this airplane is cattle-car with no lie-flat seats etc. All the airlines who are using this thing for constant mainline service on ultra longhaul routes (Delta, Emirates, Qatar, Air India etc) are much closer to the weighted average value, which treats the ultra high capacity ones like Air Austral as the outliers they are.

Also - Boeing's config is assuming no lie-flat I'm pretty sure - that pic looks like the business seats are packed in pretty tightly.

Dear PMDG, 

is it possible to change the seating capacity up to 270 passengers? Or maybe you can add three configs: One with 301 (can call it single class config), 270 (Two class config) and 234 (three class config) seats? 

It would be so cool!

But even if you don´t change these values, i will love this aircraft! But it would be just awesome if you make it possible to choose between these configurations. 

Have a nice day! 

You know nothing of flight planning if you think full fuel is needed.

Wow.  So, let me try and process that thought.

You're telling me that if I wanted to push the limits of the endurance of the plane, I would want to depart with less than full fuel in the plane?  What flight school did you go to, because I think I need to have words with them.

You'll note my last post didn't reference a route pairing.  I wasn't fueling with a specific number of NM in my route; rather, I was referring to being able to achieve the max possible range of the plane (better given in hours).  If my want was to simply fly the plane until I had about 5 left in the tanks, and then land, I'd want full tanks.

If you can show me any POH or FCOM that tells you to depart with less than full tanks for max endurance/range, I'll retract my statement.  To be honest, I'm not quite sure I'm the one proving that I know nothing of fuel planning.

Then you would probably sacrifice cargo.

Bingo!  Too many people here don't realize that every passenger flight has some cargo component to it with the majors (and often regionals by contract).  Granted, it isn't significant until you get to the mainline-sized planes, but there's definitely profit being brought in from cargo.

To add, cargo is also very important on long-haul sectors for urgent deliveries. I don't know what Johannesburg or Atlanta has but here in Canada we've got a lot of fresh produce and fish heading over to Asia.

Exactly!

Okay, back to exercising my lack of knowledge in route and fuel planning...

Kyle Rodgers

why does it always have to come to this.

If the number of passengers bug you so much, then try to ignore the issue until the 300ER is out, simple!

It would just be awesome if there are two or three configuration options in the PMDG 777LR. 234 Seats (First/Business/Economy) and 301 Seats (Business/Economy). So everyone can load the nedded passenger capacity. Is it possible to put these option into the aircraft, PMDG? 

For what it's worth, on the 77W, it is quite ordinary to have the weight of freight equal the weight of passengers with baggage. Cargo plays a MAJOR role for revenue.

Just click 'max' and move on. Life is too short.

whilst I'm really looking forward to this amazing addon, as mentioned above, 'it's only a game'

If there isn't an option for 271 pax or more I won't buy it! J/K. As Kyle has said, weight is weight. Would it be nice if they added the same feature the NGX had? Yes. Maybe there is a reason they can't. I know I don't want to have to wait longer so they can get the pax set to every possible config. Maybe it's something they would consider with the release of the 300ER. I just want to fly this beauty. I don't care if I am carrying 106 tons of feathers or 106 tons of lead.

Richie Walsh

100, 200, 300 PAX, so what, does it really matter?! Ok I do like to make my flights as real as possible, but does the amount of PAX really matter as to how you fly your aircraft? 

At the end of the day, what has been said above, just enter extra weights in to act as more passengers. Same thing. 

100, 200, 300 PAX, so what, does it really matter?! Ok I do like to make my flights as real as possible, but does the amount of PAX really matter as to how you fly your aircraft? 

At the end of the day, what has been said above, just enter extra weights in to act as more passengers. Same thing. 

It is important for me. Ok, maybe i could add more cargo to act like i carry more passengers, but it would be awesome if PMDG add more passenger capacity because then i know that PMDG allow to to carry 301 or so passengers. Maybe it´s not hard for PMDG to change/add these configurations. And i don´t tnink that someone would not like this higher capacity...

It is important for me. Ok, maybe i could add more cargo to act like i carry more passengers, but it would be awesome if PMDG add more passenger capacity because then i know that PMDG allow to to carry 301 or so passengers. Maybe it´s not hard for PMDG to change/add these configurations. And i don´t tnink that someone would not like this higher capacity...

I understand why you may want the passenger load capacity to be the most accurate to the RW, heck, it bothers me sometimes when developers don't add in things that add up to the right capacity of the real world, or parts may look wrong. In the ten years I have been purchasing from PMDG, I have never had an issue such as that.

I understand why you may want the passenger load capacity to be the most accurate to the RW, heck, it bothers me sometimes when developers don't add in things that add up to the right capacity of the real world, or parts may look wrong. In the ten years I have been purchasing from PMDG, I have never had an issue such as that.

You´re right! PMDG is just outstanding and i will love the PMDG T7. But its right what you said: I would feel better if i could know that i´m able to load any real passenger capacity i want. I don´t mean the 20First/80Busines/100Economy thing (i don´t mean the configuration!). I just want a higher total capacity of 301. So everyone can choose the best capacity. You want the full capacity of 301? Oh, Ok: Just add 262 of 301 possible passengers, just for example! So you have to add 263 into the fmc payload settings and you get 263 of 301 passengers. 

I think that this would be the better solution!? It would be awesome. 

:wub:

Well, then you'd be bouncing against another peculiarity... Not every passenger weighs the same. First Class passengers are allowed to take more and heavier luggage than Business pax. And they are in turn allowed to carry more than economy passengers. So where would you draw the line about which pax you'd put where?

Just add them as weight onto your EOW figure, and Bob's your uncle.

Just a thought, but would putting extra PAX in as cargo weight affect the loading times on the turn feature unrealistically?

Would it be possible to just have a PAX weight and Cargo Weight set of entry's, with a guide to standard PAX weights for various classes. User's could then add up the values on their own calculator and add the weight equivalent of any config they wish in the cabin. It could be advanced mode or something, and then have what's there now as the standard way of entry for those of us who cant be bothered manually adding up weights for various configurations.