Sign in to follow this  
SimBrief

SimBrief - Advanced Flight Planning

I would like to add my thanks to the others; incredible piece of work, easy to use, and accurate. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

Thanks for the report, it was very helpful. I have applied a fix to the SimBrief system, let me know how it works during your next flight!

Hey, I forgot to say I tried it few days ago, it's fixed I think. I'll try few more routes with sid/star and some crazy transitions, and report if I find another problem.

Tnx for fix.

One more question: Do you take in account CI for ECON cruise calculations? In PMDG case (both NGX and 777) when I enter calculated CI, FMC econ mach no. is about .02 lower than one calculated by simbrief. Should I fly with correct CI or with correct econ mach no. for accurate fuel prediction?

One more question: Do you take in account CI for ECON cruise calculations? In PMDG case (both NGX and 777) when I enter calculated CI, FMC econ mach no. is about .02 lower than one calculated by simbrief. Should I fly with correct CI or with correct econ mach no. for accurate fuel prediction?

Correct mach number. The SimBrief CI is more or less useless right now unfortunately.

It's on my list of things to improve but I haven't built up the courage to do it yet. So many things affect it and so little data is available on it that it might be impossible to do. Still looking into it though.

Correct mach number. The SimBrief CI is more or less useless right now unfortunately.

It's on my list of things to improve but I haven't built up the courage to do it yet. So many things affect it and so little data is available on it that it might be impossible to do. Still looking into it though.

Take your time. For flight simulation CI is useless anyway. I mean, what costs are really involved in virtual flight? :lol:  

Take your time. For flight simulation CI is useless anyway. I mean, what costs are really involved in virtual flight? :lol:

The costs of appeasing a significant other. High CI=happier spouse! (I think lol)

The costs of appeasing a significant other. High CI=happier spouse! (I think lol)

That's my argument too, as fuel cost is 0, and cost of my freetime is infinitely high, I prefer CI999  :lol:

New update:

I recently added an "Interactive Route Map" feature which allows you to view your route in greater detail by zooming in and moving around. Available overlays include winds aloft for a wide range of altitudes, NAT tracks, satellite clouds, and more.

Read more on my Facebook post here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1437105966522618.1073741831.1392527470980468&type=1

Thanks,

Is there a vatsim Link?  I dont see one

ZORAN

Is there a vatsim Link? I dont see one

After you generate the flight plan, there is a "Prefile on Vatsim" option, but I'm not sure if thats what you're talking about.

Ryan , I have some problems prefiling with Vatsim in the past but was always able to upload a plan saved in my squawkbox folder and loaded within the sim.

I will try the pre file tab from simbrief again and see how it goes

cheers

ZORAN

Been a while since my last update. Over the past few months, the following updates have occurred:

• The Interactive Route Map now includes much more data, such as airports, VORs, NDBs, airways, and more!
  • The "Analyze Route" feature has been added to the Dispatch Options page. This allows you to check your entered route and display it on the Route Map for inspection before generating your flight plan.
  • The following new flight plan formats have been added over the past months: Air Berlin, Jazz Aviation, United Airlines (the new Sabre layout), American Airlines, US Airways, and JetBlue.
  • Users can now choose to include a TLR (Takeoff and Landing Report) on certain flight plan formats (JZA and JBU for now).
  • The default AIRAC cycle has been updated to 1303, this greatly improves results for those who choose not to purchase Navigraph AIRAC cycles.

In addition, there is now an API available which allows Virtual Airlines to create their own Dispatch System! Please see this link for more info: http://www.simbrief.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243

Thanks,

I cannot believe that I did not know about SimBrief earlier!

I love the PMDG wind uplink download option. Great work!!!