Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ppo

FTX Global Patch 1.10 out

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Standby, there is a problem with the installer.

Downloading again from the cloud this time. will report back.

Where's the link? I don't see it on their site in the support section?

But what are the Anti-ORBX guys going to complain about now? But seriously. Good on them to get it addressed. They fixed the desert colors too. The new NA region OpenLC is in development as are free airport upgrade packs.

Charles.

I'll be interested to see how it looks. I'm probably alone in this  :smile:  but I'm a little concerned to see that they are increasing the size of the lights by 40%. Lovely lights, and they look great from the air, but they already look enormous at ground level e.g where the FTXG urban scenery borders an airport.

(Just goes to show you can't please everybody !)

its looks yellowish everywhere. sorry not trying to be contemptuous but shouldnt it be a bit orangish .. 

I'm probably alone in this    but I'm a little concerned to see that they are increasing the size of the lights by 40%.

Oh no!  That seems weird to me too--pretty much the way UTX's lighting was which I never cared for.  

Does this update make it disply porperly in DX10? Look forward to downloading it when I get home.

Does this update make it disply porperly in DX10?

No, you will need Steve's DX10 fixer for that.

Does this product covers South America, Central America, and Mexico as well?

Yes, it does. The whole world.

Does this product covers South America, Central America, and Mexico as well?

The WORLD chico and everything in it. LOL

No, you will need Steve's DX10 fixer for that.

I downloaded Steve's DX tweaks a while back. Has there been an update since then? Before FTX Global, all my ORBX regions worked in DX10.

I downloaded Steve's DX tweaks a while back. Has there been an update since then? Before FTX Global, all my ORBX regions worked in DX10.

AFAIK no updates since shader_release_v3.2.2.

Nowadays, we all have to wait for Steve's DX10 Fixer release.

It will be payware, and IMHO very much deserved.

I guess I'm running out of excuses to not buy this add-on. :rolleyes:

I'm a totally Orbx newbie. Never owned or installed anything of their's. What's the procedure to purchase (link?) and install FTX Global with patches? Do I install the base and then the patch on top? The patch says FTX Central should be set to Global - Does FTX Central come with the Global install?

AFAIK no updates since shader_release_v3.2.2.

Nowadays, we all have to wait for Steve's DX10 Fixer release.

It will be payware, and IMHO very much deserved.

Thanks for the info. That will definitley be worth the $$$

I guess I'm running out of excuses to not buy this add-on. :rolleyes:

I'm a totally Orbx newbie. Never owned or installed anything of their's. What's the procedure to purchase (link?) and install FTX Global with patches? Do I install the base and then the patch on top? The patch says FTX Central should be set to Global - Does FTX Central come with the Global install?

Warning, it can become addictive =)

To select a product go here: Enter a whole new world.

Click on whatever you want to buy and it will take you the product page, all info is there.Note that there are also some Demos (PNW, etc), and freebies.

(If you install a demo like PNW and then decide to buy it, make sure you run their demo uninstaller first)

Patches are here Support

You can buy from different sources, I use FlightSimStore Online

If you decide to buy, installing is pretty straight forward.

Regions come first (+patches), then airports (+patches) for specific regions.

(Select and Apply region before installing airports)

Installers come with FTX Central and ORBX Libs

(current as for their release date)

About FTX Global, or if you buy/install it before any regions and airports then just reinstall latest ORBX Libraries (found in support page) after installing those.

Make sure you allways unzip to a temp folder and run installers from there, using “Run as Administrator”.

(Note: Downloading stuff to your PC onto the User\Downloads folder marks the zip with some attributes (OS Security). So before you unzip it and if you trust the source. Select the file -> Right Click and Select Properties -> if you see an “Unblock” button click on it.

(It will remove some security attributes and especially the read only attribute from the zip and its content.)

Lastly: Register onto their forums. They have top class support.

I'm probably alone in this but I'm a little concerned to see that they are increasing the size of the lights by 40%. Lovely lights, and they look great from the air, but they already look enormous at ground level e.g where the FTXG urban scenery borders an airport.

(Just goes to show you can't please everybody !)

It's hard to please everybody, that's probably the reason they are working on a "3D lights tuning app" so everyone can fine tune the lights too how they want them :wink:

I think you need the patch even if you buy today(not 100% sure though). Atleast it's how it have been done with the regions. E.g if you buy PNW region today you still need the patches.

With the freeware it has been different, no patches needed, only have to download the latest Version...

The WORLD chico and everything in it. LOL

I see; sounds good. I hope it actually shows you at least  the major scenries like mountians, hills, lakes, buildings (not a bunch of a-like generic squared buildings).

Will this work with Megascenry 2.0, will it merge with megascenery? Or is this totally not working with PC Aviator Megascenery ?