Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Which KingAir 200 is the best for FSX?

I am not obsessed with frame rates so I keep my fps counter hidden but can say that the F1 B200 is as smooth as with any other addon on my system. Even smoother than with the F1 Mustang for me.

Yep, the glass in the king air is much much better than their mustang.  I'm on an "older" i5 2500K @ 4.4Ghz, and the fps are comparable to carenado stuff.  They really did a nice job with the glass optimizations on this one.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi

Along with several others here I also have both aircraft and although I am not normally a glass cockpit type of FS pilot I went ahead and purchased the F1 version, mainly for the systems depth, besides which it was a KIngair, and I can honestly say that I have never regretted it for a moment, and in fact the other B200 has now been uninstalled, which for a steam gauge FS pilot should day something about the F1 glass B200, now I don’t normally like to recommend anything but I will make an exception in this case.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Those sounds are from Turbine Sound Studios. First time I have ever heard that about their work.

And no one has mentioned anything about brake sensitivity to the extreme you are implying.

Sorry you feel the way you do but my guess is this there is something in the loop you have not shared with us as we are very attentive to customer concerns and problems and these two you mention are not something we are hearing from anyone else.

Ok sir maybe I'll reconsider. I'm going to reinstall and report back. Maybe it's something in my system.

Reik Namreg

Great input. Thank you.

Stan

ps had difficulty downloading the F1 plane. Keeps aborting the download near the end.

Stan,

Come on over to the Flight1 B200 support forum and let the guys who are most familiar with the installer help you out. They're not trying to hide anything, it's just easier to track issues when they're called out in their own forum.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

The F1 B200 edition is a state of the art aircraft with tons of documentation and support. Moreover, the F1 simulation represents the B200 with the highly respected Blackhawk XP52 modifications resulting in considerable performance improvements over the stock B200. This is a complex aircraft that is designed to be operated by the book resulting in a full and complete immersion experience. As one can see from this thread, there's no shortage of support for the Flight One King. The crack Flight One team is quick to respond to any issues on their dedicated forums resulting in  continuing support for the product.

Glass or Steam ? VHS or Beta, or DVD?  It's time to move with the times; that's what the real aviation industry does (or often attempts).

My Heavens, what else could one expect for such a reasonable investment.,

Les Parson

The F1 B200 edition is a state of the art aircraft with tons of documentation and support. Moreover, the F1 simulation represents the B200 with the highly respected Blackhawk XP52 modifications resulting in considerable performance improvements over the stock B200. This is a complex aircraft that is designed to be operated by the book resulting in a full and complete immersion experience. As one can see from this thread, there's no shortage of support for the Flight One King. The crack Flight One team is quick to respond to any issues on their dedicated forums resulting in  continuing support for the product.

Glass or Steam ? VHS or Beta, or DVD?  It's time to move with the times; that's what the real aviation industry does (or often attempts).

My Heavens, what else could one expect for such a reasonable investment.,

Les Parson

Les...very well said and 100% true. My hat is off to you sir.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Six weeks ago, I took delivery of my fifth BMW. I've been driving them for twelve or thirteen years now, and I feel like I know BMW pretty well. Before that, I owned a succession of Japanese cars, so I'm not unfamiliar with them. Not even remotely. What keeps me coming back...what keeps most BMW owners coming back to BMW is the quality of their products, and the quality of their service.

Now, when you compare quality of service between these two companies, one of them consistently comes up short, while the other backs its products with ongoing and regular updates, sometimes just to add a widely-requested feature for free. On that score, at least, you have the comparison reversed.

Of course, there will always be a Toyota owner out there who thinks their precious little Prius has more pizzazz than my 535i GT, and quite frankly, I don't care if they do. I think it's cute, because clearly, those people have NO IDEA what they're talking about.

Niether one of those excites like my FX4 with Borla exhaust system. LOL

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

How is the new one compared to the old Aeroworx?  I love my Aeroworx b200 with the exception that you have to drag the throttle into beta range to slow down enough to land. 

Anybody who has flown both - what would you say?

pmdg_j41_banner.jpg

The future has spoken.

Whether you lean towards the F1 B200 or the Carenado really has a lot to do with what you prefer. Glass or steam. Now having said that, I am a steam gauge snob. In my humble opinion steam is the only way to go. I'm old school. But when it comes to this Flight1, I am have second thoughts. It started with their Mustang G1000 and the B200 has pretty well sealed it for me. I still love my steam but now I also love Flight1 glass.

As for immersion level, I get full immersion with the Flight1 bird. I don't own the Carenado B200 so I can't compare them.

I agree with you on the steam.  I grew up on steam guages and could fly an airplane before I could drive a car, so it's very ingrained in me.  My question with the fancy glass, especially on a single engine prop, is what happens when the engine goes out and the generator quits working?  Pitot tube is still going to give me altitude, airspeed and VSI.  Magnetic compass tells me which direction I'm flying.  I can get home on that.  Black glass with three little steam backups down by my knee?  Seriously, is that really a good idea in a 172?  Turboprops, not so much of a problem, but I still prefer the stuff that literally works on thin air.

pmdg_j41_banner.jpg

The future has spoken.

How is the new one compared to the old Aeroworx?  I love my Aeroworx b200 with the exception that you have to drag the throttle into beta range to slow down enough to land. 

The Aeroworx was good, but the Flight1 is on another level

I agree with you on the steam.  I grew up on steam guages and could fly an airplane before I could drive a car, so it's very ingrained in me.  My question with the fancy glass, especially on a single engine prop, is what happens when the engine goes out and the generator quits working?  Pitot tube is still going to give me altitude, airspeed and VSI.  Magnetic compass tells me which direction I'm flying.  I can get home on that.  Black glass with three little steam backups down by my knee?  Seriously, is that really a good idea in a 172?  Turboprops, not so much of a problem, but I still prefer the stuff that literally works on thin air.

Well I dont know if I would consider the Carenado 200 a true "steam" aircraft, it has glass too. But I see what you are saying

The Flight1 does not require beta or any other manipulation to slow down on the approach.  Flaps full and if you want to slow down in a hurry, full forward props does a good job.  I normally land per the book, props at cruise setting to keep the noise down and full prop after touchdown...no problem to cross the threshold at 95 kts, even at almost gross.

Kdub

He means rolling out...

Yes beta is modeled....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks guys... As if I was not broke enough already! Damn!

First FTXG $90 then A2A 172. Now I think I have to get this! $200 bones in 1 month.

Grrrrrrr.

C.

I agree with you on the steam. I grew up on steam guages and could fly an airplane before I could drive a car, so it's very ingrained in me. My question with the fancy glass, especially on a single engine prop, is what happens when the engine goes out and the generator quits working? Pitot tube is still going to give me altitude, airspeed and VSI. Magnetic compass tells me which direction I'm flying. I can get home on that. Black glass with three little steam backups down by my knee? Seriously, is that really a good idea in a 172? Turboprops, not so much of a problem, but I still prefer the stuff that literally works on thin air.

Well. lets see? If the engine goes out, you might not make it home, anyway....

Other than that, there are many options for all electric planes, these days. More battery backup, as well as a second alternator, that mounts to the vacuum pump pad, since there is not vacuum pump required. This alternator produces less current, but is sufficient for the essentials.

And beyond that, just carrying a handheld battery operated GPS as a standby, does wonders. I always carry a backup. I grew up on steam gauges too. Doesn't mean I think they have much advantages. They don't.