Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerad

KPHX FlightBeam is amazing.

I know this isn't the flightbeam forum....
But this airport is extremely impressive, and I was just curious about how you turn on the static Aircraft?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

PHX is amazing, but IAD kills it. IAD is just unbelievable. I hope they update SFO to IAD standards

PHX is amazing, but IAD kills it. IAD is just unbelievable. I hope they update SFO to IAD standards

I checked out the demo for IAD and it was quite impressive. I just flew out of PHX in real life yesterday on a 737-800, so now I am kinda torn about which of the two to get first. 

I checked out the demo for IAD and it was quite impressive. I just flew out of PHX in real life yesterday on a 737-800, so now I am kinda torn about which of the two to get first.

You're just going to have to buy both!

I'd be happy if the blithering jetways moved LIKE THEY DO IN 7 Y/O DEFAULT airports!  Sorry I had to get that off my chest!  This is my default bigger terminal and it is really bad that they put dead jetways in!

I'd be happy if the blithering jetways moved LIKE THEY DO IN 7 Y/O DEFAULT airports!  Sorry I had to get that off my chest!  This is my default bigger terminal and it is really bad that they put dead jetways in!

I thought they did move at PHX and I know they do at IAD, nontheless you can always get AES from Aerosoft.

IMHO, KPHX is their flagship product, a real crowd pleaser. 

KIAD is decent and ceretainly far better than the default, but nothing remarkable. They have really progressed since they released KSFO!!!  I'd love to see them do a new version of KSFO, as IMHO it's not nearly as good as KPHX but it has the potential too be. 

DIRT, OIL and soot needled at all the Flightbeam airports.  On of the things I loved about ISD and SunSkyJet is that added these things everywhere and it was well worth them doing so!  Gives them that used/lived in feeling, if you know what I mean.

Dave

They will be upgrading their KSFO to todays standards. It will cost existing owners a few more $ but will be worth it!

Here is the exact quote from Mir himself:

"After getting a lot of opinions on this, we'll be going with a full blown new version with a small update cost.

The whole airport will be revamped and brought up to KIAD standards, along with many new features. For those who wish to keep their version, they will still receive a smaller update which contains fixes to current KSFO issues (static jetways, approach lights, etc)

Just a heads up to Aerosoft CD owners of KSFO, this update is considered a "new product" and will not be made available to Aerosoft CD customers at the discounted price. It will be a Flightbeam Exclusive. HOWEVER.. the Aerosoft CD owners will still be able to get the minor update as well, which fixes the current issues as described above. 
KSFO was our last boxed product, which introduced piracy, terrible cross-company-activation systems, support issues finger-pointing and a host of other big problems I will not bring into light in this forum." "Mostly likely Q1-Q2 2014"

I thought they did move at PHX and I know they do at IAD, nontheless you can always get AES from Aerosoft.

I was responding to your prior comment:  ' I hope they update SFO to IAD standards',  re SFO.

They will be upgrading their KSFO to todays standards. It will cost existing owners a few more $ but will be worth it!

That's good news and reasonable charge a small fee for an upgrade, though I don't consider static jetways something that is being upgraded beyond what should have been present in the first offering.  This is why the upgrade price really needs to be small IMO, especially since the rest of SFO is quite decent.

I know this isn't the flightbeam forum....

But this airport is extremely impressive, and I was just curious about how you turn on the static Aircraft?

What do you mean, 'turn on the static aircraft'?

I never really fly to KIAD, but KPHX is my main airport. Us Airways & SouthWest have bases at KPHX which makes KPHX my most important airport!

Plus I get the 1 Hr flights from KPHX to KLAX, and KPHX to KLAS. 2 hr flights from KPHX to KDEN.

Honestly, if you like flying on the west, then get KPHX. If you like Southwest or Us Airways then get KPHX. Plus British Airways, United, and Delta fly there.

Oyy, they both look like massive frame rate sponges.

Kphx is actually a lot easier on frames than I expected. The new graphics these days, they are better looking and better on performance.

What do you mean, 'turn on the static aircraft'?

On the website there is screenshots of Us airways and Southwest Airline planes parked at the gates. And one of the listed features is tht you can have Static aircraft parked at the gates.

I don't have an option in the addon manager for static aircraft...

KIAD is decent and ceretainly far better than the default, but nothing remarkable

Are you talking about KIAD HD? Are you kidding?

+1

Sales page says "KPHX was designed for FSX and Lockheed Martin's"

Does its installer automatically install to both FSX and P3D?

On the website there is screenshots of Us airways and Southwest Airline planes parked at the gates. And one of the listed features is tht you can have Static aircraft parked at the gates.

I don't have an option in the addon manager for static aircraft...

from web site "Static aircrafts with realistic shadows"

You are correct, I'd be interested to hear the answer also.

I never really fly to KIAD, but KPHX is my main airport. Us Airways & SouthWest have bases at KPHX which makes KPHX my most important airport!

You are missing a treat. Look at my gallery and images uploaded today. UAL at C2 and departures from KIAD galore. They did a good job on it.

Yes PHX has active jetways--it's SFO that doesn't.

OK,

Tthanks for the info.

Sales page says "KPHX was designed for FSX and Lockheed Martin's"

Does its installer automatically install to both FSX and P3D?

I purchased KPHX ..and:

The installer will see you have P3D and ask to install it there ...

Say NO and it will install to FSX

Run the installer a second time and say YES to P3D to automatically install it there also .... fully automatic ... love that!

I may have to look at Tom's screenshots later today ... maybe I will end up with KIAD also.

Was the original post ever answered?

"...But this airport is extremely impressive, and I was just curious about how you turn on the static Aircraft?..."

KIAD is a masterpiece and great on frames, KPHX is also great on the frames.

No issues with any FB gear.

Oyy, they both look like massive frame rate sponges.

It's fantastic on frames. For being so detailed, it runs VERY well.

Was the original post ever answered?

I don't think so but it has been covered in the Flightbeam forums.