Sign in to follow this  
sjed

DX10 Fixer finally released.

Am I the only one with external light problems?

Tested with default C172, Grand Caravan, 737 and they all have external lighting issues.

Can someone please help me with respect to the AF? It was suggested that I set Nvidia Inspector to "BioShock" mode, and I suspect that it helped slightly. However, it is still nowhere near as good as that in DX9 mode. Airport runways shimmer when I am on final approach, and that was not the case with DX9. AF is set to 16x in Nvidia Inspector, and "User Defined/Off". Transparency is set to 4xSGSS.

I am also suffering from "purple" reflections on the water (as opposed to white).

I need to sort these two issues before I am completely satisfied. I really want to use DX10 mode because of the benefits with respect to VAS, but I need the graphics to be good enough!

EDIT: I have just noticed that Nvidia Inspector resets itself to Global Base Profile when I load it, even though I changed it to BioShock, and then applied the changes. How do I save it in "BioShock" mode?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Can someone please help me with respect to the AF? It was suggested that I set Nvidia Inspector to "BioShock" mode, and I suspect that it helped slightly. However, it is still nowhere near as good as that in DX9 mode. Airport runways shimmer when I am on final approach, and that was not the case with DX9. AF is set to 16x in Nvidia Inspector, and "User Defined/Off". Transparency is set to 4xSGSS.

I am also suffering from "purple" reflections on the water (as opposed to white).

I need to sort these two issues before I am completely satisfied. I really want to use DX10 mode because of the benefits with respect to VAS, but I need the graphics to be good enough!

EDIT: I have just noticed that Nvidia Inspector resets itself to Global Base Profile when I load it, even though I changed it to BioShock, and then applied the changes. How do I save it in "BioShock" mode?

NV always defaults to global mode, that is normal. At the top,Profiles box, type in ms, and the box will show a list, select fsx and you will see the settings you need to change will be right in front of you.

I suspect you have been loading Bioshock in the profile selection box instead of FSX, and that is why your fsx looks like FS95.

Now that you can see your settings page for fsx, at the top, you will see Anti aliasing compatibility (DX1x) just to the right of that change the setting to (Bio Shock, Bio Shock2)

IMPORTANT: Press apply at the top right after each change.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The profile is connected to the fsx.exe and you always have to open the right profile whenever you open nVidia Inspector again. There's a drop down menu with lots of profiles, look for "MS Flight Simulator X" or use the home icon. Don't forget to click "apply" after each change.

Spirit

These settings work for me with FSX in DX10 Preview and the new Fixer installed:

Thank you!  This is exactly what I was trying to find :-)

Now that you can see your settings page for fsx, at the top, you will see Anti aliasing compatibility (DX1x) just to the right of that change the setting to (Bio Shock, Bio Shock2)

I'm shocked!!!!  I was never aware of this setting? Where is this documented?

Guys, I've been following this thread since post #1. I confess I didn't buy the DX10 Fixer yet because I have just spent a lot this month in flight simulation, but I plan to buy it.

I did test DX10 mode, following the precious guide at this forum, and Steve's notes. I liked it, but then I uninstalled FSX to move to P3D.

My latest FSX install, now about 1 month old, was meant to be a base for the PMDG 777. I confess I am convinced FSX Gold never worked so smoothly and stutter free for me. I haven't installed FTX Global because I want it minimal, and save all of my CPU cycles for the complex aircraft and also the excellent weather injector I am using right now.

I am really tempted to try this fix.

There are only two problems:

1) One was kind of solved with Rudi's post, with attached NI settings he is using, the other is...

2) What shall I set inside FSX.CFG for GRAPHICS? I thought the Fixer would do it for me, so, I already made a backup of all my FSX settings and am readdy to install it, and revert beack should anything go wrong.

My main purpose for getting this fixer would be to be able to get an even more than the usual between 15 and 29.9 FPS I am seeing, stutter free, and, the eveident graphical benefits of running in DX10-compatible mode.

Thank you all for the excellent posts!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

i have installed the stock shaderfolder but only have Legacy and Cloud. All other is greyt out in the DX10 Controller after a reinstall. Thats not what to expect right ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Thanks, Julian. I was indeed selecting BioShock from the drop down menu, and assuming that this would change the setting in FSX! I have done as you suggested, so I will test this now.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

i have installed the stock shaderfolder but only have Legacy and Cloud. All other is greyt out in the DX10 Controller after a reinstall. Thats not what to expect right ?

Michael Moe

i reinstalled in the default directory and everything seems fine know :-) GREAT  :P

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Graphics quality is now pretty good in DX10 mode on my PC, although I still have to check to see whether there is any shimmering of water textures, and also whether I still have the "purple reflections" problem. Other minor issues that I have noted include.......

Flashing white dots now and again (presumably a texture issue)

AI plane navigation lights switching on and off in flight, which makes it look like they are appearing and disappearing every couple of seconds or so.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My apologies, guys.  I was complaining about the external lights earlier.

Looks like it was my fault. 

After installation, when running the fixer, I didn't know it already fixed the lights.  I went ahead and clicked on the tab which made the fixer restore the previous light files.

I just opened the fixer and pressed the tab for the lights again and this time all lights are working.

Will definitely be staying with DX10.  The light bloom is amazing.

Looks like a useful tool. Is just the manual available for download? 

I've looked around but haven't found a download link for it yet.

Thanks

Hans

Hans Hjorth

Hello guys,

some questions (excuse me if already answered but I probably missed them) to evalute the purchase:

1. Will it work with the PMDG 737NGX in all situations (day/night, dawn/dusk) without any problem?

2. The same as 1. but for the PMXG 777X, because I have seen a screenshot with a strange effect at night.

3. Could the AA e transparency filter settings still be set in nVidia Inspector or I must use the DX10 fixer control panel? I am mainly interested to the transparency filter (2xSGSS) to reduce/erase shimmering boring effects.

4. Will it work in all situations (day/night, dawn/dusk) with all these sceneries: FsDreamteam (in particular CYVR which has dynamic shadows) & Flightbeam?

5. Did you experience an increase of (avg) fps or a smoother (no stutters) behaviour?

Finally, a suggestion. Why don't create a database list of addons (aircrafts, sceneries...) giving information about work YES or NOT?

Thanks. Bye.

Hello,

any chance to get a response to my questions? :rolleyes:

Hello,

any chance to get a response to my questions? :rolleyes:

Yeah, try buying it and finding out for yourself  :rolleyes:

I am aware of one installation issue.  

If your user doesn't have administrator rights  then post install one of the two users may be missing the

<username>\AppData\Local\DX10SceneryFixer\Working directory  [CORRECTED]

This can impact the conversion of effects. 

I will work on a solution but if you experience this problem you can for now just create the missing directory

Edited by stevejp

I don't seem to have a DX10SceneryFixer\Working directory in the AppData folder. I will add this, but which options are affected?

EDIT: I have just noticed that the DX10 Compatible Lights were disabled. I am sure that I enabled them at the start, but I will check on my next flight to see if certain issues have vanished.

By the way, Steve......my water reflections (the light parts that give the impression of waves) are purple in colour at the moment, rather than white. Is there something that I can do to fix that?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png