Sign in to follow this  
sjed

DX10 Fixer finally released.

I have exactly the same Chris. in fact, and I don't wish to sound like a grumpy old man, but I was thinking after parting with my hard earned cash that I'd at least get past the initial start up! My AA sucks even set at 32, I seem unable to correct the bright blue water and I no longer have any Vsync

Howard,

I also have a slight problem with the water. The reflections are actually purple in colour, rather than white!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Not in the PMDG T7 as they did not implement shadows in the VC model.  If there is a default T7 (sorry I forget) then yes.

Are you sure? I used the toolbox tool to turn on VC shadows in the interior model file for another add-on (not the T7, but one that shall remain nameless) that didn't have them and now i have them.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Got it. :) well done Steve, Paul and all the beta testers.

As I mentioned in an earlier thread I was happy with the pre-fixer files available here that Steve posted. However, the fixer is more than worth it, and gives you options to play around with, great stuff. Also, should you wish, the comprehensive manual explains how to dig deeper and maybe fix other issues which don't get fixed for reasons the manual explains, which is a brilliant bonus. :)

I tried increasing SGSS to 8x in Nvidia Inspector, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. In fact, I remember this setting being very heavy on framerates in DX9 mode, but switching to 8x SGSS in DX10 mode does not seem to have affected the framerates at all. This is why I suspect that the changes that I am making in Nvidia Inspector are somehow not being used by FSX in DX10 mode......

Consider me perplexed :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Do we need Shade anymore with DX10 and this fixer?

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I have my AA at 8S and I use SGSS at 8x to remove the shimmers.

For me, it has been well worth the cost. Numerous 3rd party sceneries now work day and night.

Hmm, now I am completely confused. Those settings relate to Inspector or the Nvidia CP, which I thought were redundant...?? Am I not supposed to set AA and anisotropic filtering within FSX and then choose an option in the DX10 fixer panel??

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

If I have this correct Maurice, and if I am wrong, I am sure Paul will flick my ear, leave AA application controlled, in NV Insp and Steve's fixer will set it for you.

I have left this in my fsx.cfg

Graphics]

MultiSamplesPerPixel=4
MultiSampleQuality=8

Until I find out from Paul. Think he might be asleep, and i flooged a banner that's in my sig, so I might still get a flick round the ear :)

The tool switches between 2, 4 to 8xMSAA for you. No longer need to manually add those two lines. Of course, while in DX110 mode, you have to have AA enabled in game.

The default AA in FSX (as set by the tool) is indeed MS (MultiSample). If you do NOT enable supersampling, Steve's tool has another feature... No AA applied to cloud textures so another bump in performance in thick clouds.

But I need to have SS enabled personally and really still no big hit anyway. If I had an nVidia card still I would be enabling Transparency AA and setting to at least 2xSGSS.

Charles.

Thanks guys.  I figured it out last night.  I deleted the two lines I had added in the cfg and let the fixer add its own after I select 8x aa.

I haven't flown yet because it was quite late by the time I got everything up and running.  So all I've done is check out a few aircrafts and play around with some of FSX's settings.

The result in DX10?  Some extremely positive, and a quite a bit of disappointment as well.

I'll start with the positives.  For the PMDG NGX (I don't have T7 yet), I am very pleased.  All external lights work.  I kept my settings the same as DX9, but now I have light bloom enabled and the external lights of this plane looks insanely good with light bloom.  Also there is the benefits of a better looking world with light bloom enabled.

I can actually have road traffic turned on and set to around 10% with minimal impact.

Now the disappointment...  External lights on some of the default aircrafts I tested are not working properly.  I remember reading something before saying this fixer will fix all default external aircraft lights.  I'm getting the same result with external lights on this DX10 Fixer as using the free DX10 fixer available on this site.

I really don't know what's going on.  On the manual, Steve used the default Grand Caravan to show that the lights are working properly, but the Grand Caravan external lights on mine is not working properly.  Also, the lights I see on Steve's picture doesn't look like default lights.  

I deleted the DX10 Shader Cache and re-started FSX but still have problems with the lights.

I loaded up the JF L-1011 TriStar and strobe/nav lights don't work.  I'm assuming this add on uses default FSX lights?  I still haven't tested the PMDG MD-11.  I have to install it again first.

I also have a few question.  To disable AA for the clouds, the clouds shader should be checked, right?

Is it ok to use Bojote's auto tweaking tool in DX10?  I did it in DX9 recently and got a very noticeable performance gain.  Now with the DX10 fixer, I have deleted the cfg and started with a new one.  My PC is not considered modern or high end (see my PC specs).

As of now, I'm still not sure if I'm going to stay on DX10.

I'm going to do a flight with the NGX when I get home from work and check the performance.  If it's as good or better than what I was getting in DX9, I will most likely stay with DX10, but the whole external lighting situation with some planes is a major bummer :( .

Hmm, now I am completely confused. Those settings relate to Inspector or the Nvidia CP, which I thought were redundant...?? Am I not supposed to set AA and anisotropic filtering within FSX and then choose an option in the DX10 fixer panel??

Those settings are in the Nvidia Inspector and SGSS is definitely doing something by setting it in there (I've tried without and it's shimmer city!). As far as I understand it, setting AA in the DX10 fixer adds a couple of necessary entries to the fsx.cfg.

You still need to check AA and Antistropic filtering in FSX.

I tried increasing SGSS to 8x in Nvidia Inspector, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. In fact, I remember this setting being very heavy on framerates in DX9 mode, but switching to 8x SGSS in DX10 mode does not seem to have affected the framerates at all. This is why I suspect that the changes that I am making in Nvidia Inspector are somehow not being used by FSX in DX10 mode......

Consider me perplexed :huh:

Make sure Anti Aliasing compatibility (DX1X) to BioShock setting. Then the transparency AA should work!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Those settings are in the Nvidia Inspector and SGSS is definitely doing something by setting it in there (I've tried without and it's shimmer city!). As far as I understand it, setting AA in the DX10 fixer adds a couple of necessary entries to the fsx.cfg.

You still need to check AA and Antistropic filtering in FSX.

Hmm OK, but I've just run things again and it's definitely not working for me through Nvi Inspector and I can't get any good AA through the fixer CP...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

I have 5ghz system and dx9 is very good, but there always has to be some kind of sacrifice. Dx 10 is a transformation! I don't have the fixer, yet, but just with free updates it's amazing. I am running bloom, and everything maxed out and get 30fps with NGX at KIAD. Dx9 can't touch visually what this has done to FSX, period. I hope it works out for everyone that is taking the plunge, there is no going back for me.

Steve's work is worth in gold my friends.

My AA sucks even set at 32,

My gosh!! 32???  You better read PJs DX10 guide again. Thats insane unless you have a 7ghz computer no ones heard about with some killer 2000$ video card.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Do we need Shade anymore with DX10 and this fixer?

Well, Shade works in DX10 and has no performance impact, so it's really user preference. I still use it.

My gosh!! 32???  You better read PJs DX10 guide again. Thats insane unless you have a 7ghz computer no ones heard about with some killer 2000$ video card.

Hi Dave, then what is it I'm doing wrong? I thought AA doesn't work in Inspector, so where do I get the settings that allow me to get rid of the shimmers and jaggies?? I have AA ticked and anisotropic filtering in FSX.

Howard

Paul and I are working on it now.  Thanks for the tip and I'll let you know how it turns out.

Sorry for the intrusion, but does not have something to do the file from windows update that brought so many problems, perhaps you have it installed, it was the KB26838, if I remember correctly