Sign in to follow this  
sjed

DX10 Fixer finally released.

Who says the T7 doesnt work? I'm flying it right now and it works perfectly

I should have clarified that statement a little more: One of DX10's biggest selling points is the cockpit shadows right? (Just look at @Paul J 's signature) Now I know that it's PMDG's not supporting DX10 that causes these shadows not to work and that it has been said in this thread that from now on everyone should only buy DX10 compatible addons. However, I have just waited 18 months for what many would agree is one of the most highly anticipated addons ever released for FSX. (the 777) So, while the gains made by switching to DX10 are well documented and I fully understand why people are excited about the expensive Dx10 fixer, what used to be a tweaking debate and a community of people assisting others to make DX10 work has now become a product with a $ in front of it. So what I meant is that I'm not going to pay $32.00 for a product that, has as one of it's selling points, making VC shadows work when it is not compatible with my other $90 product.

Well, this sucks.  Installed, configured...FSX no longer starts.  Nothing in the event log other than a message that says "The Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because composition was disabled by a running application."  All I get is the splash screen.  Rebooted, no change.

Hi Greg: Do you have ENBSeries loaded, or any left-over files from a previous ENB install?

I would also (temporarily) remove SweetFX - these two being the #1 culprits for DX10 starting issues. Let me know how you fare, please.

FTU - SweetFX and Shade both work very well in DX10, but ENB does not.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Greg: Do you have ENBSeries loaded, or any left-over files from a previous ENB install?

I would also (temporarily) remove SweetFX - these two being the #1 culprits for DX10 starting issues. Let me know how you fare, please.

FTU - SweetFX and Shade both work very well in DX10, but ENB does not.

Sigh...yeah, I was hoping not to have to uninstall ENB in order to make this work just in case I want to switch back.  I moved all the enb files to a backup directory.  Now when I run FSX it creates a new enbseries.ini file.  Anybody know what does that?  FSX still doesn't start.

EDIT:  Ok, looks like the d3d9.dll I had was creating it.  I replaced it with the one from the System32 directory and it doesn't create it any more.  Also updated my nVidea drivers to the latest.  Had it build an new FSX.CFG.  Still, FSX won't start.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I have enbseries installed, and it didn't cause any problems for me. Maybe it is something else?

Regards,

Patrick Krolzik

I have enbseries installed, and it didn't cause any problems for me. Maybe it is something else?

Yeah, I was wondering that myself.  ENB uses DX9 so why would it have an effect on FSX when you're running DX10?  I have no idea what to do other than revert back.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Hi again, Greg; There are a number of versions of this product, but here are the troublemakers:

Ok - jump into the FSX root folder, and look for any of these:-

d3d9.dll     enbseries.ini    d3dx9_26.dll   d3dx9_40.dll     d3d10.dll

Just rename them by changing the ".dll" to .ddl_OFF" (same with the ini file).

This should allow FSX to start, we can figure out wher to go from there. OK!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

OK, I have installed the DX10 Fixer, and enabled the various elements.....

I have set the AA to 8xCS....is this the same as 8xS for Nvidia cards?

Do I keep the Super Sampling and AF values in Nvidia Inspector as they are?

Do I need AA in Nvidia Inspector to be set to "Application Controlled"?

Do I need to add those two statements listed further back in this thread to the [sCENERY] section of the fsx.cfg file?

Am I good to go when I have done all of this?

Is it going to rain tomorrow? :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi again, Greg; There are a number of versions of this product, but here are the troublemakers:

Ok - jump into the FSX root folder, and look for any of these:-

d3d9.dll     enbseries.ini    d3dx9_26.dll   d3dx9_40.dll     d3d10.dll

Just rename them by changing the ".dll" to .ddl_OFF" (same with the ini file).

This should allow FSX to start, we can figure out wher to go from there. OK!

Ok, did that...still fails.  I also deleted my FSX.CFG one more time and disabled most of the addons. 

Gregg Seipp

Ok, did that...still fails.  I also deleted my FSX.CFG one more time and disabled most of the addons. 

Did you ever install sweetfx?

hello 

should i set the filtering in fsx to trilinear or what ?

Regards

Leave it as trilinear.

Zicheng Cai

Set it to Aniso or Trilinear, Faisal (but Aniso is better looking) - and then User-defined/Off or Application-controlled and 16x, in Inspector. This will work just fine. 16x is a "must".

Caveat:-

You might find Aniso a little tough with a 4.2-gig proc and a 560Ti, so Trilinear may be the best option.

All the Best,

I should have clarified that statement a little more: One of DX10's biggest selling points is the cockpit shadows right? (Just look at @Paul J 's signature) Now I know that it's PMDG's not supporting DX10 that causes these shadows not to work and that it has been said in this thread that from now on everyone should only buy DX10 compatible addons. However, I have just waited 18 months for what many would agree is one of the most highly anticipated addons ever released for FSX. (the 777) So, while the gains made by switching to DX10 are well documented and I fully understand why people are excited about the expensive Dx10 fixer, what used to be a tweaking debate and a community of people assisting others to make DX10 work has now become a product with a $ in front of it. So what I meant is that I'm not going to pay $32.00 for a product that, has as one of it's selling points, making VC shadows work when it is not compatible with my other $90 product.

Shadows do not work in dx9 you you wont be messing anything. Like some mentioned we may not all be on the same level money wise but I think its fare that Steve be compensated for all the hrs it took him to get this up and running. I spend more than $40 if I go drinking with my buddies so spending the $32 for a smooth running sim is a no brainer. FSX is running so smooth no. Not an ounce of stuttering

16x AF in DX9 mode is no problem for my 4.3Ghz i5 2500k and 560Ti, and I run at very high detail levels. Thanks for the clarification regarding AF in Nvidia Inspector.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just want to give a BIG thank you to Steve and all that worked on this project which has truly given us FSX2013. Well worth the wait. Gosh!I was so excited I took a gamble and just went ahead and installed without reading the manual, which is usually a No! No! but the program installed flawlessly. So far all the ghost planes are no longer, I am now even able to fly the ported over simmer's sky 777 so I can fly with the big boys with the super machines (LOL). Although I really want the PMDG T7 I still not sure if my 4 year old computer will handle it.

Thanks Paul for always spurring us on to stick with DX10 and your keeping the DX10 manual up to date.

Now I guess it is time to read the manual and probably do a little tweaking here and there and enjoy my new flight sim.

Best regards,

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________