Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GSproson

Taxi issues really annoying me

I have tried 10+ flights in this aircraft now, and while I have not encountered any issues in the air, getting to and from the runway itself is a complete nightmare! Every time I try to taxi the aircraft will either pull full left of full right with full rudder deflection. I know this isnt due to the weather in FSx and it always results in me having to slam on the brakes and put the rudders full left and right a few time before it will center, then it happens all over again within a few seconds, Any knowledge on a resolution for this would be great.

Thanks.

Grant Sproson

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Calibrate your joystick/rudder pedals.

Adjust the sensitivity of the rudder in FSX..

Yea, I agree with this. I don't have this issue with the taxi. It is a huge plane but I have managed to make very sharp turns on taxi and keep it straight without much effort. 

... and add a small null zone to your rudder axis.

It's gonna be tough to steer her with the keyboard; the bare minimum, IMO, would be either car racing pedals (can be inexpensive, no toe brakes) or a rudder 'twist' on your joystick.

In case you're using a keyboard.. Buy a $25 joystick with a twist rudder function. Profit.

If you're using a joystick w/ twist rudder, recalibration is in order. Art thou a user of FSUIPC? 

Thanks for the reply's here.

I have 2 options for taxiing, both of which have the same issue, I have my Saitek rudder pedals or I use a joystick which I have modified into a steering tiller (this is what I normally use on every other aircraft I own without issue) I have tried calibrating both of these several time to no avail, tried the Null Zone as well with no luck. Any other options? (All controls are routed through FSUIPC due to the steering tiller.)

Please refer to the introduction document page 0.00.26 regarding calibrating controllers through FSUIPC.

Also try using the "Center Ailerons and Rudder" button which is default NUMPAD5 and hold that to keep you straight, I know its not realistic but it will prevent you from pulling, I use it all the time.

I'm finding the 777 easier to taxi than the 737NGX oddly. (Though this may be due to my habit of taxying too fast on the NGX, and the 777 just feeling heavier and bigger so I let it roll along at 10 knots happily instead of speed demoning at 20+).

Big sweeping turns, slow lumbering straights.

It's OK to use FSUIPC.  Make sure you don't have any controls in FSX assigned to your rudder pedals.  If you do, that might be the cause of your problem.  You can also adjust the calibration of the rudder in FSUIPC, so that might be worth looking at.  MAke sure you have Axis not processed in Calibration and have not checked set.

Rob

I'm also seeing this kind of uncommanded "rudder drift". Similarly, the rudder significantly lags the pedals position, i.e. fully deflected rudder will only slooooowly return to neutral. It happens on all aircraft.

Calibration helps for a while, it seems, but doesn't hold for long. I'm using CH PRO pedals.

For me the sensitivity in fsx has to be at 100%, or I don't get full rudder throw.

Check your flight control page,as per the pre taxi checklist.

Hi Guys,

Sounds to me like a calibration issue and perhaps having the controls set in two different places.  Make sure you set you controls in only one place - FSX OR FSUIPC, OR your control software but not more than one.

Rob

No problems here, probably the most intuitively easy plane to taxi by my experience

Yes! The aircraft is beautiful to taxi. A lot more 'feel' than any other FSX product i've flown. Good work PMDG. ^_^

Hi Guys,

Sounds to me like a calibration issue and perhaps having the controls set in two different places.  Make sure you set you controls in only one place - FSX OR FSUIPC, OR your control software but not more than one.

Rob

Ditto......

You probably have a keystroke, or other input clashing with the control you're attempting to use.

Cheers