Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fullmetal02

Turbine airplane wanted

1. Must be a turbine.

2. Must have a navigraph updatable G1000. Must have WAAS.

3. Can be a twin or single.

4. Must have interior/exterior that is as good as Carenado.

5. Propeller blades cannot be disc thin when viewed from the side.

6. Must be for GA. I do not need a transport category.

7. Completely accurate FDE.

Does this airplane exist? I have been looking for weeks at all the usual suspects and cannot find what I am looking for...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It does not exits.  Requirements 4 and 7 are subjective.  To meet them, the airplane would have to be made by Carenado and certified by a real (not virtual) pilot with actual experience on the real airplane counterpart.  

This is the kind of posting that eventually generate the "Risk of Closure" label.  

When your criteria starts to get this specific all I can suggest is learn how to make planes for FSX. That's the only way you will get exactly what you want.

Don't think you'll find anything that fulfills all those criteria. For example, I'm pretty sure Carenado are the ones who invented the 3D propeller tech. Seriously though, how often to you fire up FS just to view the propeller from the side?

The only one that comes close is the Flight1 King Air B200. Updateble Navigraph G1000 with WAAS, realistic FDE, excellent model and textures, and realistic systems including penalties for not operating it correctly.

The prop thingy has been bothering me lately. I used Carenado as a reference point only. It was not to incite a flame war.

I keep looking at the Flight 1, but the exterior just looks so-so on YouTube. I was just wondering if I missed another another plane that was already out...

Agreed. The F1 exterior is excellent. Just look at N406KA paint by Jim (on the simforums)! It's wonderful.

The only thing is does not have is 3D prop animation.

It does have good system simulation with a decent FDE (still has some rudder issues).

They've got a 30 day return policy so worst case you have to return it!

Otherwise you've got the Turbine Duke (personal favorite) or Majestic Q400 (which can be flown as a general aviation acft as well).

I am hoping the new Wilco TBM850 fits the bill - it sounds great on paper, the screen shots are pretty good, and they say it will have excellent FDE.

If only they would release it!!! The website says "last beta tests have started", so maybe soon.

The Carenado one is really good as long as you don't mind using RXP 430 or 530 popup for navigation with linkgps = on. All the waypoints show up in the G1000. The FDE is pretty good and the model and sounds are excellent I think.

The Wilco will have to be excellent to fit the bill.

If the TBM were a feelThere development (published by Wilco) I'd feel slightly better about it.... but the fact that it is in-house Wilco makes me think three letters;  C, R, and J....... and the biggest FAIL of an add-on ever released IMHO....    

If the TBM were a feelThere development (published by Wilco) I'd feel slightly better about it.... but the fact that it is in-house Wilco makes me think three letters;  C, R, and J....... and the biggest FAIL of an add-on ever released IMHO....    

Makes me think four letters. C, R, A and  .  I really don't understand how they stay in business with the products they put out.  But, I have an open mind and would love to see someone bring up more high performance add ons.

Ray

Interesting to see what their team up with Dassault will bring...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have heard that some Wilco products are not very well done. However, the TBM is part of their new "HiFi Simulations" series, so I can hope.

And yes, Ryan - I have been following your comments on the Carenado version, and Richard posted some really nice looking screen shots - it IS a really good looking aircraft. To tell you the truth, I am not sure why I am so fixated on the Wilco offering. I have a couple of Carenado and Alabeo aircraft in my hanger, notably the B200, and enjoy flying them. But, as pretty as the Carenado B200 is, I enjoyed flying the Flight1 B200 much more before losing it in my move to P3D (it does not port - there appears to be a "no-P3D" switch in the model).

Something about the Milviz TBM reminds me of the made-from-billet Milviz products I have (the B55 and P38). So, I wait. If I am disappointed, there is always Carenado.