Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

autopilot

Is here any FSX Programmer who makes my B747 wheels like this?

Hello, Guys!

I'm using FSX default built-in Boeing 747-400 but I want these types of wheels which default 747 hasn't. So can anyone tell me the code which I add to default 747 program and wheels become like these.

777_Wheels.png

777_Wheels2.png

Best Regards,

AP

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's not a case of adding code to get different wheels.

Those are from an entirely different model.   I'm afraid you can't change parts of the default planes, like the wheels.   But payware (and some freeware) models are improvements over the default aircraft, so you should look at other (add-on) aircraft.

PMDG 747?

POSKY 777? No idea if that compatible with FSX..

Those shots are of a 777 lol

By "types of wheels", are you talking about the tilting bogies, or the style of the wheels themselves?

In any case as stated above this is part of the model and cannot be changed without having access to the original source files.

Stop feeding the troll everyone.

I don't think he's a troll.  I think he's likely just a relatively new guy to aviation topics and flight simulation, trying to make sense of FSX, possibly dealing with language barriers, etc ..

I don't think he's a troll.

He does ask the same questions over and over again, a year apart at times. So I suspect it may be true....

Or maybe He keeps checking back for people or new people to help Him.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Or maybe He keeps checking back for people or new people to help Him.

That might be true, but people answer his question and then he will ask again anyway....

The OP has been warned.  I hope no one provides him with any details.

I checked his profile and I can't see where he's made the same posts previously. What I do see is a series of questions that indicate some resources may be out of reach for the individual. E.g. YouTube is apparently banned in his country.

I think some of you are being a little quick with the labelling .. otherwise, please supply some proof for the rest of us; because having experienced a resource poor tin-pot dictatorship during my childhood till early teens, I can fully empathise with the guy.

I dont think he's a troll, but his questions are sometimes repetitive.

I'd bet he's really young, English isn't his first language, doesn't have a lot of financial resources to buy payware a/c, doesn't have a lot of first hand knowledge about flying and aviation in general.

Or, you guys are right, he's just here to yank our chains to get a rise out of members.

I would be interested to know what his real name is, where he or she is from, and what autopilot looks like. I have a visual image and wonder how close i am.

I think some of you are being a little quick with the labelling .. otherwise, please supply some proof for the rest of us

Proof? Or an example? He asked last year about when to flare, then asked again a few days later. And then asked again more recently (in the past couple of weeks).

While I admit he could be legit at looking for help, he could also be yanking our chains. I only say that because he does ask some strange questions (this one for example) and does seem to repeat those questions even when they have been answered over and over again.

Jim could be on to something here, younger simmer with English not being his first language.

I was going to suggest that maybe the OP's threads to date would be better placed in the "Newbie" forum section, but then I looked and saw that there's doesn't seem to be such a section?  

(unless I'm just missing it.  There is a 'new to RW flight' section but not new to FS as far as I can see).

So maybe AVSIM could have a "New to Flight Simulation" section, where people could ask more basic or rudimentary questions, such as the OPs in this case?

Cheers.

Dave, that idea is great! That would also help avoid that people asking basic questions are being called trolls.

At least in AP's case, I am sure he is not a troll, he just seems to be the occasional simmer who pops in here to ask questions most of us regard as the "Simmer's general knowledge". However, and I stated that in the other recent thread too, it is not illegal to ask questions - that shows one wants to get more familiar with things, and therefore being called a troll is not really appropriate IMO. I have to admit, though, that it is probably not at all a good idea to ask for a 747 model with a proper landing gear animation (which the default one obviously lacks), and to show pictures that obviously show the T7 and not the 747.

I can also understand, if people don't want to answer such basic questions, and that it's possible to be irritated by similar topics in a very short time, but then again, such things happen with other topics, too (e.g. the old AI traffic question, but I've never seen anyone call someone else a troll for asking a question, which is being discussed in a thread just on the next forum page) - in that case simply don't bother to answer! But that is only my opinion, of course.

Anyway, for a more realistic landing gear, I'd - again - suggest to search for POSKY planes, either in the Avsim library, or at simviation - they got a really good number of different POSKY models, completely with VC, texture packs etc. And as far as I know, all most of the 747s work in FSX wihtout any trouble.

I was going to suggest that maybe the OP's threads to date would be better placed in the "Newbie" forum section, but then I looked and saw that there's doesn't seem to be such a section?  

(unless I'm just missing it.  There is a 'new to RW flight' section but not new to FS as far as I can see).

So maybe AVSIM could have a "New to Flight Simulation" section, where people could ask more basic or rudimentary questions, such as the OPs in this case?

Cheers.

There are already enough sub forums as it is.

No "newbie forum", pls. - this community is not the place to practice discrimination.   :wacko:

Treat each other with respect; so far I can't see what this fellow did wrong.   B)

No "newbie forum", pls. - this community is not the place to practice discrimination.   :wacko:

I can't see how it is discrimination Olli.   It's not about the person (the 'newbie') it's about the questions people who are new to the hobby need answers for.    I can't imagine people sneering into a "New to FS" section and laughing at silly questions .... (that's what potentially happens now, in the main FSX section :smile: ).

.... this would just be a 'right place' for those who are new to FS, to ask basic "starter for ten" style questions.

I bet there are perhaps a lot of people new to FS who are maybe afraid to ask basic or newbie questions in the main sections for fear of getting blasted out the building.            If new entrants to the hobby had a focussed section for that purpose, they wouldn't need to fear this.

Apparantly, us simmers are a diminishing bunch, so we should probably do a bit more to look after new entrants into the hobby, and make them feel welcome.

So in short ........... replace the word "Newbie" (which has negative connotations), with the word "New Entrants" and then I can't see any discrimination.

Everyone has to start somewhere.   :smile:

I refuse to take seriously anyone who asks how to put 777 wheels on a 747

I refuse to take seriously anyone who asks how to put 777 wheels on a 747

You have seriously misread the question then.

He is asking .. how do I get the undercarriage (wheels) on my 747 to do what 'this plane' does (insert picture of a 777).

In case it's still not clear ... the OP is referring to the gravity induced slant of the main landing gear when in the extended position as shown in the image he supplies ... I assume that the default 747 probably has wheels that hang @ a less realistic angle to the fuselage.

He is asking .. how do I get the undercarriage (wheels) on my 747 to do what 'this plane' does (insert picture of a 777).

In case it's still not clear ... the OP is referring to the gravity induced slant of the main landing gear when in the extended position as shown in the image he supplies ... I assume that the default 747 probably has wheels that hang @ a less realistic angle to the fuselage.

Back in the day, this was a feature that was touted on many add ons - "tilting bogies". Just like the good old "8 sided fuselage".

I'm pretty sure the SkySpirit 748 can be merged with the default VC. Now, can someone communicate this to the OP?

Further. There are more than likely people out there who would refuse to take us "simmers" or dare I say "gamers" seriously. So what does thay really matter?

Also. On the troll subject. This seems to be legit. I mean really? Someone trolling years later??? Talk About Patience.

Let's not take this so serious guys. We are here for fun/hobby like everyone else.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure the SkySpirit 748 can be merged with the default VC

He doesn't want to merge another aircraft's VC with the default VC. That's a lot easier task. The one the OP requested might require changing code in the default flight model. That you cannot modify (otherwise no one would be flying the default aircraft anymore. There would be all kinds of mods).

The OP's best bet is to find and load Posky aircraft if they are still around as they include a .mdl of their own and they have landing gear like what he's looking for.

Best regards,